Will a multi-continent Arena-size World Tour be the new benchmark for a KPop act's relevancy in the world?

• It is said that Lee Jieun's concert at the Chamshil Olympic Stadium (43,000 capacity, 2 days) was sold out.

However, that lost a lot of luster, because NCT Dream will have its concerts there a few days before her.

It is likely that NCT Dream's concert at there will have a 30,000 capacity. (Its total capacity is 69,000 but in concert only a portion of the stadium is used.)

That is similar to Exo's concet at that location back in 2016.

Still now the Big 3 of the 3rd Gen of KPop is EXO, BTS and NCT Dream, with IU becoming an also-ran (although technically she belongs to the 2nd Gen and is not part o the 3rd to begin with).

===

There are seven major continents on earth, but Antarctica has no concert venues, and Africa doesn't have enough concert infrastructure. South America is far, and although some acts, like BTS before they were that big, toured there I will exclude it from discussion.

So, I think that now the Greatest Domesticist of All Time who never had any concerts in foreign arenas, let alone stadiums, outside of Korea climbing the Olympic Stadium,

the goalpost will be moved so an act would be considered to be notable if the act has done arena tours in at least 4 continents (Asia, Europe, North America and Oceania)

We can say that an act is on the road for Greatness if the act has done an arena concert in at least 3 continents (most likely Asia, North America and Oceania).

I have not kept a list of an act which has done arena tours in 4 Continents, but such feat means the act has been recognized as an act considered to be relevant as much as the world is concerned.

Such moving of the goalposts might not be fair to a certain 1,343 years old singer, but life is not fair and I think it is needed to prevent the trottists creeping up in Korea but not very powerful outside of it, and recognizing the value of acts who can have arena tours in 4 continents is probably the first step the new Generation of KPop should take to fight decay.

• The only goalpost that matters is, who occupies the crazy continent that is whyknock's mind - 24 X 7.

There is only one answer to that and others are also ran.

But seriously, while I am glad for IU, I think concerts with huge numbers are a scam- what is the point of going to a concert and ending up seeing the artist on TV there. As well see from home.

Yes there is a the 'immersive experience' factor, but even that can't compensate for such huge venues.

The answer to your question is, not continental concerts, but online concerts/holographic concerts etc.,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!