HOW WOULD YOU FEEL ABOUT THE PAST LOLITA CONTROVERSY OF IU RIGHT NOW?

• Homeiu[enter-talk] HOW WOULD YOU FEEL ABOUT THE PAST LOLITA CONTROVERSY OF IU RIGHT NOW?

[enter-talk] HOW WOULD YOU FEEL ABOUT THE PAST LOLITA CONTROVERSY OF IU RIGHT NOW?

bypannchoaAugust 01, 2022
    It even appeared on MBN news

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

IU said that she wanted to become a ''mature woman'' (t/n: the term "물기있는 여자" has the connotation of a woman who is 'of age', mature, and sensual)
    When she was producing for Twenty-Three
    The song became controversial because of her interpretation of a 5 y'o child
    Thanks to her image making, she now turned into some quiet artist who's a donation angel and she's earning good money through the domestic charts..
    But I can't forget this

AVvXsEjZhf3BmPjJm-gyVRhlyD-fFhUAnQcdnOVAb0qZtTlWksfIg8LYVdFnbWrd5rehEyBdLuh1cuvf5U_7XjQLq67RgHJ9RYLsktrbxOQy2jFXrH526N6zEmv-GStTdMv8I6WuMZD8UICMw7FT0YEr6D9WUTgqrWU5YEFg4B1WOqKrtvQOo10gnG8lhHgh=s16000

"UI who produced 'Twenty-Three' Controversy over claims of being a lolita concept"

AVvXsEjr5983UB_frFA8zPGLGfmXKdVH2fy5S5ePQFSjtPl0ungJIVZ_uGvZr5cTM-6lX8NeCXpbZD-nXwesPfrXyqP5-DBI6qKcbo-eYqaaDis21HsF2gcpzIIUViRzAkf-2Pozfvnt_KVDahjqFotYcnbAs4ZPq_eYi-iktFDJ67nNomc5CEVdJRpvrRdI=s16000

AVvXsEgLUG7zXXWnp8N6L-hsEwIPQY8RfBLzuXaP7LR0fMdDceKrLN1pFKk_0jWRtpdd0uFcCpmS0WB1-QT3yQA8Hs-YhQYLfA94s3k0Hxf1K49dXz2kI5cqcUxWlt_XebeDVA0iSYMH1rHFtqu8PVcq6dKTR65x5ruFFXkoCcv3i-wDg41NBEHLh_h6WUrd=s16000

AVvXsEiyf4MMlEBwSCB1hxlaEVpqMJlrFxrOD56VgzgM0QUgU75QgOdpr18c3SMdHWCZUTyUh0G8RqQeJpuG9rLY0kegyIoDrgiwP54DK7z7qGA_wDOwE96ut41OYQvu5qsBNKhcpuwNfc2BW90__R332rlm-4pa6n1Dvhv8CLq4KarDjNjz0oRdc18gDvEd=s16000

AVvXsEj087xwYe-McZ3U9EN-8U35J4cv6FjO209BdFhHCHMrQwlvEVzBGnBoXNJZNlIefE3nc6ZCPgdDJhrhSAPp_4aEWMbIQoRKejTBBnf_4QBSjLZxij825kIJQAWE-OFccaVPwJ8YX6iR25njF5LdRQIwFUTjvsK_EehqiLyS73FfjB5JDneZlLKxGVMe=s16000

"I want to stay a child forever, no, I want to become a mature woman"

AVvXsEgJt8dohZY7jwoJ5iW6YIgNN0_fsOuePeti01Hemdas5_9bHOahJ8pFopLF1SDcKxi44zsCQN_fyNXXqubV0eMomyS7U_z6bb5k1_v3m7CN1GSRcGV-KbRF3iqAfGgjfV0Pu_gZPM6N_dSpdRRzVrR1U74kTvJ_j_mZ3TcrRqep19rmWg0FntqJ_Xio=s16000

AVvXsEj9AF-MH3XR6P1MEzsIPOysZOeS5hIARuwjI2l19qgGzGT1Dow2b7cLDIiPs6dgzHGxyJ9zGYLYMTsF5vKkGHg3FCE-_cBrf0_ySsXnCy04pnh9E3D0lcUcQ6HLDR45r9ytXoJAmNDgfOnq8f5uBqJH9EvUUYwCUpPe97vDp4jstop5aOHVKNSeG_Rc=s16000

AVvXsEgnYrtxUrYbLC39tIsT-6PtBMFWaJvhp9Zv3pTBLGBfIoOkchDHMK5Taki_rHH5MxYpOIyWZ1hvwnwwdwTlvIEbgRzRkrEjdN5feFer-RehGifmUhTIV5x2YmmfGg-0i_PdwL0LeAe96X3TgRSoOkkzr3j7Nq_tGNIq5pKgeZ997qpHBH4EzI9SlL1t=s16000

"Jeje is a kid who got hurt because of assault"
    "It's regretful that he's being expressed wearing stockings"

AVvXsEhO0E2URUzxEph4QDl8TezN1WaBvwkGzwHA0g_A31CmLqy1QWGve8qr-ZAZidoyt09BIyLauUkisL8h1k2nx5lrP9V5ZBRDurfPgLFdkwGO1Ft96ERxktx1P3KHBHNalLv8CiuJB2ksDU45RhXVbQMJ9KgLIs91pSWjlpYaBx56ebyPiMBPYs7WOwTb=s16000

"If you go to the exhibition hall, you'd find a notice saying "please don't touch the works." Why would they say to not touch the work?
    @XX What do you think of IU's Jeje and My Sweet Orange Tree being a big issue lately?"

- There are conflicting opinions on the interpretation of literary works

I wonder if with the current times, she'd still get a pass

post response:
    [+1,669][-224]
    original post: here

1. [+988, -43]
    Before you guys start whining about this, think of whether that scene was even necessary in the first place. The content before and after all all talking about adults, but she's there dressed up as a baby, sucking on her milk bottle and pouring it on the doll, do you think that this scene was really that important that she had to include it? The scene could be harmful, she should've never done it

2. [+929, -26]
    The fact that the lyrics said 'I want to stay a child' and she appeared in a costume sucking on the bottle... Can you really say that this is the director's fault? She's talking about wanting to become a mature woman and she's suddenly pouring out milk on that baby? ㅋㅋ You really call that visualizing the lyrics?ㅋㅋ

3. [+919, -45]
    She would be cancelled if she came out with this now

4. [+625, -12]
    Whenever I look at IU, I realize how good her image making is

5. [+532, -7]
    What's up with people saying that we didn't give her a pass? We should've been able to scrap 23's MV, remove Jeje from the digital charts and made her apologize back then. It's true that we gave her a pass

6. [+514, -12]
    She received the hate that she deserved.. What's unfair about it?

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• How do I feel?

I will let Agent K answer that,

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it

23 was a fantastic diss, self aware and mocking the objectification done to her. Yet people were dumb to think that she was doing Lolita.

In that sense, it is a far better song than even Bbibbi.

Kpop has both lust and bloodlust, and while all idols are subject to the parasocial lust, once in a while some idol has to be the victim of bloodlust of Kpoppies, the most recent case being Kim Garam.

IU was a target of that bloodlust during that time, when she went from Nation's Younger Sister to Slyfox of Kpop - so she threw that right back using the song.

But of course most kpoppies were too dumb to get that.

So I agree with agent K and move on.

Edited once, last by bbgc ().

• the imagery of the mv was OK

It was just her interpretation of herself and her growing up process

She shouldn't have called zeze sexy

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• My opinion stays the same, so many things in kpop are based on these obsession with youth e specially for women (eg the whole high teen thing used for grown women), like what’s the point calling this out and going blind over female idols wearing shit like hair clips, tulle, infantilized prints and the list goes on

Imo I just feel like this conversation is so pointless.. especially when you’re literally calling out a culture who is obsessed with looking as young as you can, it’s impossible to draw a line

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!