Am I the only one excited for Gaon Monthly update?

• Look, For few days, I had my eyes on @koreansales_twt for a good reason.

In my time as KPOP fan, I have never noticed such large amout of albums sold everyday. I mean, it's one thing to sell 300-400 copies almost everyday but to sell 1.5K+ for a single album everyday is unprecedented.

I saw Empathy selling 50K+ in a week? A 2018 album? Recently atleast 2 album passed 100K+ and 200K+.

NCTzens might as well have the strongest buying power in all of Kpop.

Also, Don't you think Karma is hitting hard on Antis? All of them dragged NCT for selling less, now they are selling SO MUCH.

I am proud that NCT is able to prove all those people wrong.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• Didn't SM do a project with Ktown4u not too long ago to gauge if there was a demand for old NCT albums? Considering how NCT grew in 2019-2020, it's not surprising at all that their old out of print albums sold like hotcakes when they became available.

What was surprising was that SM actually produced a new batch of them.

I wish SM did that for other old albums for other groups, as well. I think at the very least Shinee, EXO and Red Velvet albums would sell additionally around 10-30k at least for each of them.

(EXO's Overdose, The War, and several Christmas albums also sold several thousand each in the last weeks - I guess fans found an unsold batch at one of the shops, probably?

Taeyeon's last mini also surged in sales in the last week from what I've seen.

The problem is SM bases their album production on the first week - maybe a couple if fans are lucky - of pre-order and when the albums sell out, rarely produces a large additional batch again. EXO and SuJu fans have complained about this a thousand times.

NCT seems to be a turning point for them, let's hope they show this kind of energy with their other groups in the future)

• Yeah. EXO sold 11K+ last week. If they fully restocked every album on every site, oh boy, we will have amazing numbers.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!