Evidence Somi is opening for Blackpink on their world tour?

• Do Blinks really want the BlackPink setlist to be shortened so that an opening act can be added?

Because the idea that the concert would be longer than normal because of an opener doesn't sound like a language YG would speak.

I don't really like her music so it's a definite no for me

• Seriously though, yeah I agree she should go and do festivals and mini tours herself. But I'm not hating on the idea of being able to see her and BP together.

She hasn't done a single concert/festival this year. Super suspicious. Like she was waiting for something...

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

• This would be a terrible move for both if I’m honest. Opening acts are usually reserved for junior artists right? Like established artists don’t do opening acts for other established artists. She could appear at their concert and perform a few songs with them that is possible. But it would also be bad for BP. Why shorten your own set list when you haven’t performed in front of your fans for like two years and this when you promoting your new album. It makes no sense for either side. Maybe if it is just like one show

• This would be a terrible move for both if I’m honest. Opening acts are usually reserved for junior artists right? Like established artists don’t do opening acts for other established artists. She could appear at their concert and perform a few songs with them that is possible. But it would also be bad for BP. Why shorten your own set list when you haven’t performed in front of your fans for like two years and this when you promoting your new album. It makes no sense for either side. Maybe if it is just like one show

lol i dont think BP would need to shorten their set list to accommodate Somi.

BP's The Show which was the last group concert IIRC only had 18 songs. They would probably remove a few super old songs and add some from the new album to get to say 20 songs, which still leaves plenty of room for Somi to do about 4 songs as an opening act.

And Somi is a junior act to BP in every way, she's younger, less established, and nowhere near as popular so it makes perfect sense for her to open for BP, especially since they're literally in the same label.

• lol i dont think BP would need to shorten their set list to accommodate Somi.

BP's The Show which was the last group concert IIRC only had 18 songs. They would probably remove a few super old songs and add some from the new album to get to say 20 songs, which still leaves plenty of room for Somi to do about 4 songs as an opening act.

And Somi is a junior act to BP in every way, she's younger, less established, and nowhere near as popular so it makes perfect sense for her to open for BP, especially since they're literally in the same label.

I still think it wouldn’t make sense for BP at all. BP usually has around 16-20 songs including encores in their set. Opening acts usually last 30 minutes to an hour but usually hover around 30 minutes which would be enough for a few songs with maybe 2-3 songs. It depends on how long the concert is intended to go but it could take away maybe a song or two from BP or shorten how many encores they can do. Of course artists can always extend the concert on their own if they want but that might annoy staff.

Somi is not a junior act in any sense of the word. She has been in the industry just as long and is well known enough in Korea and internationally. Her fandom is not as big as BP but I would say most people know of her. Openers are usually reserved for not known acts or junior acts within their label.

I don’t think it would make much sense unless it was for a show or two. That would be understandable for both groups

• In what world would this be a good idea?? Folks have been waiting for a blackpink tour for years. Why share the limelight with her? If TBL was smart they would’ve had her hustling performing at festivals, universities, etc. like every other solo artist and gg/bg.

It just seems like she’ll be mooching off the success of (what will be) BlackPinks sold out concerts.

• Somi will be part of project group X4 for the 2030 Busan World expo. They would probably use TBL's facilities to practice, so the choreographer could be working with them.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• There doesn't appear to be any choreography for the X4 project, so Somi opening for Balckpink for at least one show still makes the most sense (not like ZionT and Wonstein were going to dance).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!