TWICE, MAMAMOO, and Red Velvet top girl group Melon total streams ranking!

• congrats TWICE

why sometimes I feel that people don't recognize RV's power? :( maybe thats just me

Yeah that's just you.

Anyone who's ever seen a quarter of RV's title tracks know how powerful they are. They have been solidly accepted as one of the top 3 GG's for years without any contest. That already shows something considering people endlessly argue about how popular MMM, Gfriend and the rest are.

Its crazy how they will release a massive hit that is everywhere, then a couple releases that the GP don't really like that much, and just as people are saying they are flopping BAM they drop another massive song that kills everyone else on the charts for months.

• Yeah that's just you.

Anyone who's ever seen a quarter of RV's title tracks know how powerful they are. They have been solidly accepted as one of the top 3 GG's for years without any contest. That already shows something considering people endlessly argue about how popular MMM, Gfriend and the rest are.

Its crazy how they will release a massive hit that is everywhere, then a couple releases that the GP don't really like that much, and just as people are saying they are flopping BAM they drop another massive song that kills everyone else on the charts for months.

but thats exactly why sometimes I feel that people don't understand RV's power, because it only takes one "not so popular" title track to people start to act like RV is not top 3

• but thats exactly why sometimes I feel that people don't understand RV's power, because it only takes one "not so popular" title track to people start to act like RV is not top 3

DW that happens to every group, just that its more regular with RV since they love to change it up so much. But since it is so regular, the people who say it are getting quiter over time since they know what RV is like. Just look at Psycho. It was up for award shows as one of the top songs of the year despite only having 1 performance and no promotions.

Look at twice, when they came out with ICSM people immediately started saying they were flopping, and that kind of sentiment was everywhere and still is, because its the first time they are changing their sound. Meanwhile it took 1 award show performance of CFM and all of a sudden they are on top again and those people are silent.

Same with Ice cream for BP till LSG.

Same with Mamamoo and windflower till gogobebe and HIP. And now people are calling them flops again because Aya didn't top the charts (despite them doing very well with Dingga, and expressly saying they knew Aya wasn't the type the GP would love).

Most recently it was Shinee. People loved calling them flops and saying there was no point in them coming back after service. Yet the minute thier album dropped they topped bugs. They released 9 songs, and places 1 to 9 on bugs were all taken by them.

People like to be shady b*tches cos they got nothing better to do. Nothing new there. When said groups released huge songs to shut them up those people all of a sudden disappeared and started shading other groups.

• Twice has the largest discography of all the groups by a large margin so it makes sense that their streaming totals are higher.

Yeah. Twice has an average streams per song that's quite a bit lower than other girl groups, especially BP.

• I'm kinda surprised Sistar isn't in that Top 10, tbh.

The chart runs of their songs are not good

Sistar had a shot for a #1 with every one of their summer releases, but their songs died very fast compared with the big hits of other groups. I'm sure the fact their songs were summer-themed played a role here

In times of sales when you can rush a purchase being summer queens helps them to move some millions of digital units each comeback, but streaming a slower and more spread out consumption if you songs are listened only 3-4 months a year you are in a severe disadvantage

• congrats TWICE

why sometimes I feel that people don't recognize RV's power? :( maybe thats just me

RV has many hit songs no doubt.

But i think people dont regard them alongside twice (and blackpink lately) because they lack consistency in chart performance. They go from super successful Red flavor then to moderate peekaboo then back to very successful bad boy. But subsequently power up was just moderate successful with the later RBB and ZZLB, Umpahx2 not bring received well at all. Luckily psycho was good.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!