A PANN article by a classmate defending soojin and clarifying the accusations on soojin is gaining heavy attention in korea (currently trending #2 on pann with 215k+ views) [UPDATED with better Translations]

• Link to the original pann article:

https://m.pann.nate.com/talk/358034150

The writer has studied in that school and knows both Soojin and the person who claims to be victim of School Violence. The writer is defending defending soojin and clarifying many accusations on her. They are saying that soojin is not a middle school bully.

Here is a naver news article which explained this pann post:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000405894

Allkpop article explaining this pann post:

The writer mentioned the incident in which Soojin and her friends put a cigarette in Seo Shin Ae's desk and said, "It's true that a group of girls did that, but it wasn't Soojin."

The netizen writing the post claimed that Soojin was not friends with the girls who bullied Seo Shin Ae at the time. She explained, "Soojin was close with those girls before, but she stopped being close with them in the second year of middle school. They actually ostracized her. Seo Shin Ae had transferred to our school in the second year of middle school."

The person writing the post continued to say, "After Soojin became distant from the girls, she kept hanging out with me. I remember clearly one of those girls named Kim__Bin telling me 'why do you hang out with her' and telling me not to hang out with Soojin."

She continued to explain, "I know Soojin wasn't part of that bullying group because she would hang out with me all the time. We would go to the bathroom together and stick with each other all day, so I know." The netizen claimed mentioned the names of the girls and said, "I know that Kim__Joo would make up rumors and create conflict with others. When this happened, Soojin was with me, not with that group."

Lastly, the netizen explained that Soojin was in a different class from Seo Shin Ae in the last year of middle school, so they were on different floors when the graduation celebration was taking place. Hence, Soojin was not part of the group who stole Seo Shin Ae's letter from her mom and bullied her.

In this twt thread the pann post is explained:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Its now also treading #1 on naver

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edit:-

Here is the english translation of the original pann post

https://docs.google.com/docume…YH_HCWRXwQ_alFWO2Quk/edit

Page 1 (quality=100).jpgPage 2 (quality=100).jpgPage 3 (quality=100).jpg

Edited 6 times, last by thebadguy ().

• thebadguy

Changed the title of the thread from “A PANN article defending and clarifying the accusations on soojin is gaining attention in korea (trending #2 in korea with 140k+ views)” to “A PANN article defending and clarifying the accusations on soojin is gaining attention in korea ( currently trending #2 on pann with 140k+ views)”.
  • This doesn't matter anymore

There was info that they've met at 1 pm KST, but CUBE is forkin lazy and they didn't release any proper statement for whole day after it, now it's 1 am in SK so we won't get anything for next few hours. At this point label is co-operating in killing career of their own artist. I wrote in other threads... the longer this drama goes, the more damage is done not only to Soojin but to whole Idle.

External Content www.youtube.com

• This statement doesnt make much sense basically trying to blame a group she was a part of then wasnt a part of?

Also you wait this long to make a statement defending her?

I dont believe all those accusations and people saying stuff about her doing stuff to that actress are all wrong and she did nothing.

This person wasnt with Soojin at all times or saw everything unless hes a stalker.

Doesnt help its so badly translated.

• plot thickens indeed lol

How come they all seem to remember so much details of their school days of 10 years go? I have no idea if at 22yo of age I was able to remember a lot of things about my 12yo past self. Maybe my school life was fine, borderline boring, that there was nothing to remember about? I can still remember some moments today, but it's only funny, trivial middle school stuff.

• I don't understand, he/she is trying to say Soojin hang out with people who did these things but it wasn't actually her? or that there was separate group of people who did this not related to Soojin?

Previous claims said Soojin used to hang around bad kids. There's a story about how she and her buddies hid a cigarette in Seo Shin-ae's belongings so that she gets framed.

So this user basically says no, she wasn't hanging out with these guys, at least not anymore. The bad stuff were their doing, not Soojin's. She herself got rejected by these guys or something at the time of these events. That's what I understand of it, kind of.

• Either way, even if Soojin is innocent her career is basically ruined now since her reputation is so bad it would be near impossible for her to recover from this.

Netz are now saying that anyone who is a fan of Soojin is automatically a disgusting human being thanks to all the stuff I-fans have done (the suicide letter, rude posts about Seo Shin Ae, the hashtags and endless hate on insta etc). So even if she ends up being innocent, all people are going to remember is how crazy her fans went and the general consensus is that good people can't have fans so evil so she must be bad too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/kpopr…l_fans_actively_made_the/

• plot thickens indeed lol

How come they all seem to remember so much details of their school days of 10 years go? I have no idea if at 22yo of age I was able to remember a lot of things about my 12yo past self. Maybe my school life was fine, borderline boring, that there was nothing to remember about? Even to this day I can remember some moments, but it's only funny, trivial middle school stuff.

Thats just the way memory is I guess. I remember some good things from school, but it is the really sad, scary or upsetting things that I remember the most because those left a mark.

• I wonder if this is enough for Seo Shin Ae to finally get involved and tell her side of the story

I don't think she will. As a professional artist, she's contractually bound to her agency and probably can't openly address such an issue without their agreement. And to be honest, they have zero interest in joining the dance. You never know how things gonna evolve and if they not gonna backfire, so why bother.

• Ughhh. I just hope she is innocent

Yes i think she is, few days ago classmates of soojin came forward to defend her and they denied the bullying accusations on her. Now more people from her school are coming forward to defend her and its good to see that this pann post defending her is a getting huge attention in korea

• Previous claims said Soojin used to hang around bad kids. There's a story about how she and her buddies hid a cigarette in Seo Shin-ae's belongings so that she gets framed.

So this user basically says no, she wasn't hanging out with these guys, at least not anymore. The bad stuff were their doing, not Soojin's. She herself got rejected by these guys or something at the time of these events. That's what I understand of it, kind of.

Oh ok, that makes sense. Maybe that's why soojin said there were a lot of rumors because she used to hang out with these kids and then stopped but that reputation followed her. Its possible the actress also thought Soojin was part of this group which is why she was hinting that she was involved. This seems to be a different issue though from the sisters allegation.

• Oh ok, that makes sense. Maybe that's why soojin said there were a lot of rumors because she used to hang out with these kids and then stopped but that reputation followed her. Its possible the actress also thought Soojin was part of this group which is why she was hinting that she was involved. This seems to be a different issue though from the sisters allegation.

Yes, if she indeed used to hang out with shady dudes for some time, even if she distanced herself from them afterwards, rumours might have kept running about her. It seems like once you have a bad reputation in Korean schools, even if you change your ways it'll keep following you. So the cigarette smoking, clothing switching stuff might have given her a lasting bad rep to many kids' eyes.

• I don't understand, he/she is trying to say Soojin hang out with people who did these things but it wasn't actually her? or that there was separate group of people who did this not related to Soojin?

By the time SSA transferred to the school Soojin wasn't friends with them anymore.

And going off previous statements from classmates, a lot of the school misbehaved like that.

..:* :**:. (G)I-DLE WEKI MEKI WEEKLY NU'EST ITZY DREAMCATCHER STAYC .:**:.*.:.

• The actress also has an iljin face. I wouldn't be surprised if both sides have dirt on each other, the actress & accusers may have personal agendas while Soojin knows she did 'bad' stuff but not that type of bullying so she can't be completely honest because it will hurt her image in other ways.

It's basically blackmail but with neither side being 'good'. That's how government works too, ie. Epstein & Trump.

• Also you wait this long to make a statement defending her?

She literally says that her friends wanted her to not make it, expecting she'd be harassed. Which is understandable given the mob? This translation is better and not cut up to include in articles.

(assuming this person is a girl bcuz they were going to the bathroom together)

..:* :**:. (G)I-DLE WEKI MEKI WEEKLY NU'EST ITZY DREAMCATCHER STAYC .:**:.*.:.

Edited 2 times, last by Linquistic ().

• She literally says that her friends wanted her to not make it, expecting she'd be harassed. Which is understandable given the mob? This is translation is better and no cut up to include in articles.

(assuming this person is a girl bcuz they were going to the bathroom together)

The Translation you shared is very good, i think i should add that to OP

• thebadguy

Changed the title of the thread from “A PANN article defending and clarifying the accusations on soojin is gaining attention in korea ( currently trending #2 on pann with 140k+ views)” to “A PANN article defending soojin and clarifying the accusations on soojin is gaining heavy attention in korea (currently trending #2 on pann with 180k+ views) [UPDATED with better Translations]”.
  • I think it's kinda plausible. The thought did cross my mind when statements were first made on the situation. Soojin was a part of said nasty group, so she's getting all the heat.

k-nets unfortunately don't care if some of the accusations may turn out false, if even one part is true, the rest has to be true in their eyes.

I think knetz will calm down if the older sister can be appeased. If Cube can come to terms with her, knetz might follow along. She's pitoval in this issue as she's been the main driving force of the whole affair.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!