Psy's summer concerts criticized for excessive water waste in times of drought

• Psy's summer concerts criticized for excessive water waste in times of drought

0005099732_001_20220607183701446.png

Article: Psy's summer concerts showered with criticisms... why?

Source: Asia Economy via Naver

1. [+718, -109] With anything you do, you have to make sure that you're keeping up with the times. Sure, you can throw a concert like this in times of drought, but what are you left with in the end? Why not spend that water on giving back to our burning land, on our forests and farm lands? I'm sure he could've easily changed the theme of his concerts and asked his fans for understanding, wouldn't that have been more of a beautiful gain for everyone in the end? He's an artist, he should be more creative when it comes to dealing with these things~ so let's see you put your creativity to use, Psy-ssi!

2. [+458, -27] He deserves the criticism... we are suffering from so many droughts lately...

3. [+275, -22] I visited the countryside last weekend and the hearts of our farmers are truly burning with these droughts... I really do think these events should be restricted to a minimum.

4. [+180, -26] Psy, use your brain. Our farmers are suffering from droughts, this is no time to be having 'water drenched' concerts.

5. [+121, -16] Psy won't know what we're suffering from unless he's a farmer himself

6. [+72, -5] It's a matter of empathy. We all need to empathize with everyone and be more considerate of one another. You can't just throw away water in front of a parched person just because you paid for it, right?

7. [+31, -0] He should hold these concerts on countryside farm lands

8. [+29, -2] I live in the city myself so I always felt removed from talks of drought but I talked with my mother over the phone a few days ago and she mentioned how the drought has been the worst it has ever been ㅠ I like Psy as a singer but this is wrong~

9. [+26, -1] Why not just hold the concert on a rainy day?

10. [+22, -2] We are already a country with low water reserves... and severe droughts that are impacting our farms. You can't just be using water for fun like this. He deserves the criticism. He should just donate that water instead.

• Wait ... SK has a drought?

You mean SK looks like this now?

13-Year drought creates frightening 'New Normal' in South America |  PreventionWeb

Yep. It’s spring drought there, it happened before too I’m not up to date how severe it is but 5-6 years ago there was another bad one. If I remember there is a system what agriculture use some kind of dam system to water the fields but some years it’a really low.

I found this photo online:

98FE8786-EFF1-4738-A93F-C02F2ED0ED41.jpg

• We are already a country with low water reserves... and severe droughts that are impacting our farms. You can't just be using water for fun like this. He deserves the criticism. He should just donate that water instead.

.... Idiots.. all idiots. He shouldn't be critized, what people should be doing is criticizing the government and companies that are willing to give him the water. Look at the big picture. We have a " water shortage" yet a celebrity is allowed to buy tons of water to waste it. Yet these same entities can't afford to give people drinking water or fix the crops/farms.

People even said he should donate the water 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡 this isn't PSY problem this is a morality and priorities problem of humanity notice how they will do this for money but won't give you water but they have no problem allowing someone to waste it because they gave them money for it😂🤡. Greed over improving or saving lives is the biggest problem of our species your anger and pichfork should be with those allowing it instead of saying keep your money we will use this water for the good of the people.

Moved the thread from forum Deadzone to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!