Lisa vs Jungkook: Who will be the first A/B list kpop soloist in America?

• Jungkook has extremely good English pronunciation and has taken the initiative to sing in English quite often in covers and the like.. He's also the biggest Kpop artist globally at the moment and definitely the biggest in the West by every metric without any kind of solo promotion and very little social media use. I don't think Jungkook will pursue a solo career in the West, at least not yet, but if he ever does I think he could be extremely successful with proper label backing. A manager like Scooter Braun(though I hate his guts) would take him far along with armys and his solo stans. Jungkook would have to have an at least basic knowledge of the English language which can be learnt but for the most part the general public won't care how good his English is in conversation as long as it's good on songs which he's shown he's capable of.

You're also right about his image fitting Western taste. The tattoos, piercings, dark clothing and his general looks fall into the category of poc that the west begrudgingly accept as good-looking.

I really wish this thread had been more about discussing solo potential instead of a comparison thread. The most likely answer is obvious barring outside circumstances like a song going viral or a massive western feature ect. It just invited people to tear Lisa down.

I actually thought people would pick Lisa when I made it. I have seen a lot of people say that she has the biggest potential to be a worldwide celebrity which I agree with but most fans only predict for Jungkook to be the IT boy in Korea. I definitely could've worded the post better but I didn't want to sound biased so I just went for simple examples which lead to it being comparison based.

• What does being an Aespa stan have to do with anything? I'm also an army, forever and a (mostly casual) blink?

A true blink wouldn’t set up Lisa like that. They obviously know bts is more popular and you know how the friction between armies and blinks is.

Aespa stan not a blackpink stan. So obviously you have no qualms setting her up.

Stop this embarrassing thread lol.

𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗼𝗹𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 🌍🌎🌏

2f7c5eb6dfa791ceb3d114c8ce898ca94aa4afcb.gifv

• I actually thought people would pick Lisa when I made it. I have seen a lot of people say that she has the biggest potential to be a worldwide celebrity which I agree with but most fans only predict for Jungkook to be the IT boy in Korea. I definitely could've worded the post better but I didn't want to sound biased so I just went for simple examples which lead to it being comparison based.

I don't think your intentions were bad, I just think that when it comes to armys and blinks in any thread that invites debate, conflict is unavoidable. I didn't bother to do an evaluation for Lisa's solo potential despite having nothing against her(liking her even) because as an army I knew it would come off as biased and just invite an argument.

• maybe you should open your eyes then because it’s already a reality. Lisa’s US popularity is no joke, ppl even know her without knowing blackpink, that already itself says a lot.

lol I don't know what alternate reality you're writing this from, but Lisa isn't remotely relevant to anyone but kpop fans in the US. Even BTS isn't mainstream/a-list.

• yall go subscribe to jennie's youtube channel instead and anticipate jjk1!

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Jungkook has extremely good English pronunciation and has taken the initiative to sing in English quite often in covers and the like.. He's also the biggest Kpop artist globally at the moment and definitely the biggest in the West by every metric without any kind of solo promotion and very little social media use. I don't think Jungkook will pursue a solo career in the West, at least not yet, but if he ever does I think he could be extremely successful with proper label backing. A manager like Scooter Braun(though I hate his guts) would take him far along with armys and his solo stans. Jungkook would have to have an at least basic knowledge of the English language which can be learnt but for the most part the general public won't care how good his English is in conversation as long as it's good on songs which he's shown he's capable of.

You're also right about his image fitting Western taste. The tattoos, piercings, dark clothing and his general looks fall into the category of poc that the west begrudgingly accept as good-looking.

I really wish this thread had been more about discussing solo potential instead of a comparison thread. The most likely answer is obvious barring outside circumstances like a song going viral or a massive western feature ect. It just invited people to tear Lisa down.

Jungkook would be invincible if he had Scooter pushing him proper tbh.

• Should have been doing better than BTS already then but they aren't.

Also this is how things stand in US

Screenshot_20210116-075906_Chrome.jpg

But are either actively tryna have a career in the us tho?

Like as soloists, releasing albums, going on shows, doing shitty netflix movies, etc?

cause thats what I mean I think if they both did that shed have a higher chance simply cause its easier for racist americans to digest

• But are either actively tryna have a career in the us tho?

Like as soloists, releasing albums, going on shows, doing shitty netflix movies, etc?

cause thats what I mean I think if they both did that shed have a higher chance simply cause its easier for racist americans to digest

Instead of using them as soloists, since that is hypothetical, lets use BTS and BP for comparison as representing men and women POCs, both of whom are promoting in US to an extent considered enough to be trying to breakthrough. We can still see that despite the concept BP is unable to make major inroads. I dunno why people automatically assume that certain concepts and gender determine popularity. I have seen many say that the American gp would take a liking to BP more easily than they would BTS, but we keep being proven otherwise.

• A true blink wouldn’t set up Lisa like that. They obviously know bts is more popular and you know how the friction between armies and blinks is.

Aespa stan not a blackpink stan. So obviously you have no qualms setting her up.

Stop this embarrassing thread lol.

Please, read my message above to hatemail. I didn't think Lisa was going to lose. I had no idea who was going to be more popular that's why I made the thread lol.

But, I do think you wouldn't have been mad if people thought Lisa was going to be the successful soloist instead.

I have "set up Karina" as well in the past but that doesn't mean I hate her. Obviously.

• I can see Lisa becoming a celebrity in America. I don’t think JK or any BTS member is interested in the type of celebrity America advocates.

BTS path to success in America has deliberately stayed away from “Hollywood”

• Instead of using them as soloists, since that is hypothetical, lets use BTS and BP for comparison as representing men and women POCs, both of whom are promoting in US to an extent considered enough to be trying to breakthrough. We can still see that despite the concept BP is unable to make major inroads. I dunno why people automatically assume that certain concepts and gender determine popularity. I have seen many say that the American gp would take a liking to BP more easily than they would BTS, but we keep being proven otherwise.

Well the question is hypothetical and only pertaining to jungkook and lisa as solos not their groups hence why I answered the way I did

and I believe that a/b list soloists in america are mainly mainstream and those do cater to specific concepts and genders

I mean look at how much talk revolves around billie simply for the way she looks

is she too fat? why doesn't she show her body? how many times shes dyed her hair? but they love her cause that whole indie concept is in rn

• Please, read my message above to hatemail. I didn't think Lisa was going to lose. I had no idea who was going to be more popular that's why I made the thread lol.

But, I do think you wouldn't have been mad if people thought Lisa was going to be the successful soloist instead.

I have "set up Karina" as well in the past but that doesn't mean I hate her. Obviously.

not at all

plenty of armys and blinks dislike bp and bts

stop making comparison threads youre setting up the boys and girls for hate

and most of the die hard blinks who dislike bts are saying jungkook

youre obsessed with bp

• Ask CL how having Scooter on her side worked.

I feel like the outcome of CL's American debut was because of bad timing and mismanagement on YG's part. Scooter is a good manager when he actually cares about the artist that he has signed and he was keen to work with Jungkook. I think CL being signed with him was just a favour and since Scooter and YG are/were friends, I feel like YG might've told Scooter to "sabotage" CL because she left YGE.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!