Lisa vs Jungkook: Who will be the first A/B list kpop soloist in America?

• Who will it be? 162

1. Lisa (38) 23%
    2. Jungkook (124) 77%

Lisa vs Jungkook: Who do you think will be the first A/B list kpop soloist in America?

Both Lisa and Jungkook have the biggest potential to be worldwide successful soloists post Blackpink and BTS. Way more than any kpop idol, imo.

The two of them:

- Are the most popular members internationally and have insane online power.

- Have had people anticipating their solo debuts since the beginning of their careers.

- Get called "The Golden/Royal maknae" referring to their all-rounded skills.

And, have eye-catching personas that are trendy in the west. (Lisa = Baddie, Jungkook = E-boy).

But, who do you think will lead the way for new generation kpop soloists?

Lisa

20190926_blackpink-lisa_instagram.jpg

Jungkook

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 1.00.46 am.png

Or will it be both of them much like Blackpink and BTS now? Omg, can you imagine "Liskook" at the same western award shows. Lol, the chaos :D

• Official Post

None cause I don't think any of them will get as much GP attention as the big acts like Dua, Ariana, etc cause they're not white.

Jungkook will obviously have the upper-hand though. If he released a solo right now it'd probably go #1 on Billboard if ARMYs put their all into it. Not to mention his type of image is popular there, kind of like an all-rounder person, like Bruno Mars, JT, The Weeknd, etc. Give him good music and he'll be off and away.

Can never count on YG/UMG for promo and music. especially when it comes to Lisa. And unless Lisa gets some viral TikTok hit and YG/UMG ACTUALLY PROMOTES IT then I sadly don't really see her being that big in America. But that's okay cause we don't want a CL 2.0.

• It's quite difficult for any Kpop artists currently but from these two it's Jungkook currently.

Jungkook mainly because he is a vocalist so it's easier for them to push pop songs especially if he keeps improving in his English proficiency and he has ARMY and his solo fans so he probably has the best chance and highest breakthrough potential currently.

Lisa has potential too and she's my favorite but unless she sings it will prove difficult as rapping would not help her break into the market without the support of the Hip-hop community. YG or her personally should start vocal training(especially her lower tone that she used in K.A.M.U) if they aim to push here solo in the west., She just needs to get to atleast Rihanna's level in singing (Also has to be influential though in fashion and pop culture) and with the right (Not some of these struggle writers Kpop companies use) production team she may breakthrough there and get hits.

• Jungkook mainly because he is a vocalist so it's easier for them to push pop songs especially if he keeps improving in his English proficiency and he has ARMY and his solo fans so he probably has the best chance and highest breakthrough potential currently.

Lisa has potential too and she's my favorite but unless she sings it will prove difficult as rapping would not help her break into the market without the support of the Hip-hop community. YG or her personally should start vocal training(especially her lower tone that she used in K.A.M.U) if they aim to push here solo in the west., She just needs to get to atleast Rihanna's level in singing (Also has to be influential though in fashion and pop culture) and with the right (Not some of these struggle writers Kpop companies use) production team she may breakthrough there and get hits.

agree with the jungkook

but its not like lisa cant hold a tune she has a really pretty voice

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• None cause I don't think any of them will get as much GP attention as the big acts like Dua, Ariana, etc cause they're not white.

Jungkook will obviously have the upper-hand though. If he released a solo right now it'd probably go #1 on Billboard if ARMYs put their all into it. Not to mention his type of image is popular there, kind of like an all-rounder person, like Bruno Mars, JT, The Weeknd, etc. Give him good music and he'll be off and away.

Can never count on YG/UMG for promo and music. especially when it comes to Lisa. And unless Lisa gets some viral TikTok hit and YG/UMG ACTUALLY PROMOTES IT then I sadly don't really see her being that big in America. But that's okay cause we don't want a CL 2.0.

Bold, You clearly don't get how the industry works, whoever gets pushed by a big label, preferably UMG, will succeed. As pure and simple as that. The gp is force fed industry plants nowadays. Very little organic fame in the western music industry.

OT- Will Jungkook even ever go solo in the actual sense cause the likelihood seems negligible as things stand. So this poll is just redundant.

• You clearly don't get how the industry works, whoever gets pushed by a big label, preferably UMG, will succeed. As pure and simple as that.

OT- Will Jungkook even ever go solo in the actual sense cause the likelihood seems negligible as things stand. So this poll is just redundant.

I mean clearly but they only barely promoting or pushing BP/Somi so what makes you think they'll push Lisa?

Either way none will be A-list/B-list, they aren't white. Sad but that's how the industry works.

• I mean clearly but they only barely promoting or pushing BP/Somi so what makes you think they'll push Lisa?

Either way none will be A-list/B-list, they aren't white. Sad but that's how the industry works.

Not talking about Lisa, talking in general. The label's darling will succeed.

• I mean clearly but they only barely promoting or pushing BP so what makes you think they'll push Lisa?

Either way none will A-list/B-list, they aren't white. Simple.

same people who think that the minimum playlisting bp recieves is huge western push and promo

save your brain cells bestie

imagine thinking that western labels will give any proper support to poc artists

• It’s takes more than popularity to be a success and JK has talent and popularity. So it’s obvious for me a single by him will do huge. But I am not so sure he will go for the full solo music career. I think BTS will continue as a group for a very long time.

• pretty irrelevant to this discussion

since both jungkook and lisa arent white

Extremely relevant to the discussion cause it is not about colour but support. Whichever PoC gets a huge label's support will succeed in US, given ofc they sing in English. Since this is hypothetical after all and in an ideal scenario out of the two whoever gets more support and label push will succeed.

• agree with the jungkook

but its not like lisa cant hold a tune she has a really pretty voice

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I love Lisa's voice from what I have heard so far and I also think it's overlooked at how she is able to sing with her "pretty, cute" tone and then switch to a lower(deeper) tone like in K.A.M.U(I think she might have been able to sing Dua's part from the tone perspective cause they were almost similar) and when she raps. That's why I said "training" as I think YG probably never developed her vocal side since she's the one that raps and I see people say she has the weakest vocals (I guess technique wise) in the group.

• This is how the industry in the west functions, which is why you see random kids out of nowhere topping charts all of a sudden

External Content twitter.com

The music industry is in the dumps.

• I can't with y'll. I swear :cryingr:

:waterr:

eboy kook supremacy

• :waterr:

eboy kook supremacy

Asdasda Man, I love him 😭

⟭⟬ ARTIST OF THE YEAR ⟭⟬

AWARDS-AMERICAN-MUSIC--97_1637613102609_1637613116956.JPG

• I mean this in the nicest way possible as a BTS stan, but I feel Lisa already appeals more as a soloist than Jungkook and she has many many solo deals already worldwide for anything from Cell Phone ads to Car Sales. Her promotions with Bam Bam are likely to only increase now that he has left JYPE especially with the possibility of him being signed to Sunmi's label as rumored who pushes collaborations and encourages working with personal friends over just the industry's top stars.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• I think fanbase wise Jungkook? But Lisa might actually have a shot at this since her English is better.

Theu have a bigger shot at popularity and be known for their music if they release an English song which is why I think maybe Lisa actually could have a slight edge.

They should just collab make Lizkook happen and be the global couple

• jungkook but neither tbh. He is more popular but doesn't even speak English.

English is NOT the end all be all for work to be given. Not at all. Most companies prioritize diversity and individuality for promoting products now more than ever. This comment is extreme bigotry and obviously rooted in normalized xenophobia. We cannot be portray this type of attitude anymore. We need to grow away from this thought process as an entire community.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

• those english comments are a bit meh but anyway.

even if we're taking english as a criteria jungkook is good at pronounciation. he just lacks vocabulary but that's something that can easily be improved with a few hours of english classes. he also write and sing in english already (decalcomania for example).

• I mean this in the nicest way possible as a BTS stan, but I feel Lisa already appeals more as a soloist than Jungkook and she has many many solo deals already worldwide for anything from Cell Phone ads to Car Sales. Her promotions with Bam Bam are likely to only increase now that he has left JYPE especially with the possibility of him being signed to Sunmi's label as rumored who pushes collaborations and encourages working with personal friends over just the industry's top stars.

"Many more solo deals".....you probably don't know this but BigHit has said that all the members have been offered numerous CF opportunities throughout their careers but they chosen to only do ones that revolve around the group and not accept solo offers. Many of the members themselves have said similar things. So the assumption shouldn't be that they are haven't been offered CFs, just that they select and choose ones that a group related and ones that fit in their hectic schedule.

• "Many more solo deals".....you probably don't know this but BigHit has said that all the members have been offered numerous CF opportunities throughout their careers but they chosen to only do ones that revolve around the group and not accept solo offers. Many of the members themselves have said similar things. So the assumption shouldn't be that they are haven't been offered CFs, just that they select and choose ones that a group related and ones that fit in their hectic schedule.

I am not saying they have not been offered solo deals, I am saying Lisa has already started to promote herself solo by accepting solo promotions. Which will help her in the long run business wise. You misquoted me, I said she "has done many many solo deals", not that she has been offered more solo offers than BTS. I am fully aware they most likely are offered more because they are a bigger group and choose to only promote as a group for brand deals.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

• Genuine question for blinks: is Lisa really called the Golden Maknae in your fandom? Doesn't the term apply when the idol is a jack of all trades (sings, raps, dances)? I was under the impression that Lisa is a rapper and dancer.

• In america?🤪🤪🤪 The delusion is real. An unpromoted B-side by a BTS member with zero playlisting peaked the same as a heavily pushed western collab with one of the biggest US female singers .

So Nothing against any bp member or any kpop idol that is , but Jungkook is in the biggest group in the US right now. Any comparaison with him is laughable.

• Genuine question for blinks: is Lisa really called the Golden Maknae in your fandom? Doesn't the term apply when the idol is a jack of all trades (sings, raps, dances)? I was under the impression that Lisa is a rapper and dancer.

so Lisa won’t have a successful career cuz she’s not called a golden maknae

:boredr:

• This thread contains 255 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!