RE : Why is Aespa doing so bad on Spotify? Even worse than Lesserafim.

• Didn't illusion had full days of tracking?? Ive and aespa usually release at 6pm kst so their second day streams always remains higher..what streams illusion got on 2nd day??

• I wonder how much the filtered will be? They should get some good playlisting access because of warner music

Here what I will say about playlisting. I have seen some posters used it as a weapon to talk down or invalidate certain groups streams. Does it help? Yes, initially, but overall it does not matter much.

A song will stay on the chart when people like it not because it shove down most people throat. Understand that we are free to choose, so if people don't like the song, then it does not matter how many playlisting the song has. In the end, the song will drop off rapidly. So, the playlisting narrative does not hold water to me.

• Here what I will say about playlisting. I have seen some posters used it as a weapon to talk down or invalidate certain groups streams. Does it help? Yes, initially, but overall it does not matter much.

A song will stay on the chart when people like it not because it shove down most people throat. Understand that we are free to choose, so if people don't like the song, then it does not matter how many playlisting the song has. In the end, the song will drop off rapidly. So, the playlisting narrative does not hold water to me.

I definitely agree. It gives initial exposure but at the end if people don't enjoy it the song will meet its fate

°˚°. ʝɛռռɨɛ .°˚°

e1529f760ae65babe0169164fa89ce9724f7a8da.gifv 90094dc8040347facc226a9472ad1b443f2c17bd.gifv

• But why is lesseraphim being used as a benchmark for being "bad" at spotify when they're doing better than most groups? Lol

Is it because they're one month old? But their song seems to be a hit among kpop fans looking at the longevity of their streams.

• I'm in literal shock at how well O.O and wadada are doing after the reception they got. Wadada is going to hit 100m soon??? As for the nmixx song, who is even listening to this??

Reminds me of how everyone claims to hate that Dance Monkey song yet it's one of the most streamed songs on the planet.

• Aespa is behind Itzy and Ive on Spotify but they’re not really comparably lagging behind LSFM or Kepler. They have decent to good numbers. But I guess people expect the #1 group in Korea to be #1 internationally which they aren’t. But that’s unfair.

Aespa have one interesting thing that not everyone in SM has and that’s Japanese interest. This means their streams Are going to very much be decent. Will they best ive and Itzy? Idk. But it’s not something we can just write off as saying “people don’t like SM” because we are seeing trends in them different to their SM counterparts.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!