What is going on with Solar and Moos?

• I don't follow Solar very often, but I was pretty shocked to see that Spit It Out had 84,951 sales, but her newer and better project 容 : FACE had 44,773...which is a severe drop. I thought Solar was the 2nd most popular in-fandom after Moonbyul? I was very impressed in Moonbyul crossing 100k sales, but I'm wondering why Solar dropped so far behind.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOmLgdFaAAI7o5w?format=jpg&name=small

Unlike Wheein and Hwasa, Solar did start off with good album sales.

Not to mention, Solar has some of the best content on Solarsido out of any idol rn, but it keeps getting less and less views. Heavily encourage anyone who's reading this to go check it out, because it's really a hidden gem.

Why the drop? She's improved on pretty much every aspect: her vocals have heavily improved + her skills are as stellar as ever. For her album imo, I think it's because she makes the least public friendly music in MAMAMOO.

Anyways, she's debuting in a musical soon too, so I hope she finds more success there.

Edit: picture

FOmLgdFaAAI7o5w?format=jpg&name=small

• I actually had this same discussion awhile ago lol just gonna link it here

Whi
  • :pepe-shrug: no idea

Lmao

I actually had this same discussion awhile ago lol just gonna link it here

Whi

Didn't see that! I'll go take a look!

• I actually had this same discussion awhile ago lol just gonna link it here

Whi

But again, adding on solarsido's drop, I'm seriously shocked. Solar had the most fanservice and was really casually popular...tbh because of her visuals too.

• Wait, Moonbyul is the most popular? I would've never thought. I thought it's Solar or Hwasa.

to the casual kpop followers hwasa is the most well known, while within the moomoo fandom moonbyul generally has the most fans/support. Her chinese stans in particular shell a lot of dough for her lol, from expensive birthday gifts to bulk buying her albums. The gaps between the members aren’t that big compared to other popular groups tho, and they each has an area they excel at so it’s relatively balanced one way or another

• But again, adding on solarsido's drop, I'm seriously shocked. Solar had the most fanservice and was really casually popular...tbh because of her visuals too.

i was definitely also surprised by solar’s huge drop in sales. At least in hwasa’s case she was only releasing a single and her individual hardcore fandom has always been the smallest so the lower sales made sense, but solar should’ve sold much more than that with a mini album based on previous parametres. Maybe it’s just an anomaly bc her album was dropped out of nowhere and fans didn’t have much to prepare, and next time it’d improve :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Edited once, last by Whi ().

• Several factors :

- Very few promotions (less than a week) it was the same for Hwasa and it seems to be a deliberate choice.

- Her album comes after a wheein album, a Moonbyul album and a Japanese album, the economy of some fans are starting to suffer.

- Wrong music choice. I don't like this wording because it doesn't mean anything. But you should know that Solar has the oldest fanbase (These are people between the ages of 30 and 60), and that the choice of this music on her album is not very suitable for this audience. If she go to songs that suit that audience better, sales will increase very quickly.

However, I think she was aware of all that, she said that this album was above all there to please herself and to please the fans, she did all the songs herself.

• Wait, Moonbyul is the most popular? I would've never thought. I thought it's Solar or Hwasa.

Popularity in Mamamoo is : Hwasa >> Solar > Wheein > Moonbyul

However Moonbyul has more album sales, because in fact you have to see her as a BG she has a fanbase made up almost exclusively of women and they are EXTREMELY dedicated. Hwasa has the least physical sales but in digital it is very far ahead, it is very popular with gp in general.

Wheein has a very motley fanbase it's hard for her to bring together the youngest and the oldest but it allows her a certain stability according to the concept.

Solar has a very old fanbase for an idol and is extremely respected, if she focuses on the type of song that appeals mainly to this audience she can be very popular.

• That's actually a really good point: I'm sure she feels the pressure as the best power belter of her generation to go the Lee Young Hyun route with a power ballad like Resignation.

But she does go on a lot of shows, and that also explains her weaker youtube views.

Hopefully she gets some of those crazy older fandoms that blow up album sales next time.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!