Oh wow Moonbyul already surpassed 100k sales with her newest album??

• I was checking Lsrf’s sales on Hanteo and saw apparently Moonbyul has already reached 100k in the first week? Like damn her sales are still growing fast when she just released another album like 3 months ago :eyes:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Honestly thought Miyeon would’ve reached it first since gidle’s fandom is no joke. This is a classic case of technicality lol 😭

• Moos are truly emptying our pockets btw since this is already the 4th solo comeback this year. If I recall correctly their current sales are like this:

CITT - 100k

Whee - 80k

6equence - 78k

Face - 43k

• i think 6quence’s already reached 85k on gaon, which means moonbyul’s sales are still steadily rising despite the many releases lol

I wonder why solar’s sales reduced in half compared to her debut tho 🧐 that’s quite a drastic fall

• i think 6quence’s already reached 85k on gaon, which means moonbyul’s sales are still steadily rising despite the many releases lol

I wonder why solar’s sales reduced in half compared to her debut tho 🧐 that’s quite a drastic fall

Honestly a mystery but I have some theories. She did wait 2 years between releases so the hype, but people were disappointed with her debut and the timing was terrible. With the other members, we long had warning they were gonna come out with something, so we knew to prepare and save up, Solar gave no hints at all, even moonbyul, for CITT we LONG expected it, she told us about it as soon as 6equance was over. We also know to expect wheein and hwasa to drop something later this year, but for Solar, all we saw was her building her channel, so when her teasers dropped mootwit literally blew up. NOONE EXPECTED IT. Even the clowniest of moo clowns didn't predict it.

And this is after fans emptied thier pockets for wheein and moonbyul in the same month, then just after she drops the teasers, and before preorders (I think) they announce moonbyuls solo concert, and the japanese version of the best album with new songs, so now you have no money and three big things going on, buying a solo album, a group album or attending a 3hr concert, easy to see which most would pick, you can always buy the solo later, but the japanese albums sell out fast and its a 3hr concert and its on and offline.

Considering how hyped everyone was, and how all the streaming targets kept getting broken for her, if this had been teased eith better timing I do think she could have gotten 100k in a week as well. Same thing happened with Hwasa. Her solo dropped with no warning right as they dropped seasons greetings.

• Honestly a mystery but I have some theories. She did wait 2 years between releases so the hype, but people were disappointed with her debut and the timing was terrible. With the other members, we long had warning they were gonna come out with something, so we knew to prepare and save up, Solar gave no hints at all, even moonbyul, for CITT we LONG expected it, she told us about it as soon as 6equance was over. We also know to expect wheein and hwasa to drop something later this year, but for Solar, all we saw was her building her channel, so when her teasers dropped mootwit literally blew up. NOONE EXPECTED IT. Even the clowniest of moo clowns didn't predict it.

And this is after fans emptied thier pockets for wheein and moonbyul in the same month, then just after she drops the teasers, and before preorders (I think) they announce moonbyuls solo concert, and the japanese version of the best album with new songs, so now you have no money and three big things going on, buying a solo album, a group album or attending a 3hr concert, easy to see which most would pick, you can always buy the solo later, but the japanese albums sell out fast and its a 3hr concert and its on and offline.

Considering how hyped everyone was, and how all the streaming targets kept getting broken for her, if this had been teased eith better timing I do think she could have gotten 100k in a week as well. Same thing happened with Hwasa. Her solo dropped with no warning right as they dropped seasons greetings.

that’s interesting to know.. i also feel like the solo stans played a part in the disparity in each member’s sales on top of the ot4 stans that ran out of dough to buy everything lol

Now i just wish solar would drop sth not out of nowhere so that the answer is clear once and for all lol

• It's been said that her album had sold out.

oohh i see, that makes sense then. They probably capped it at around 100k not expecting to cross it maybe? with soyeon’s solo release as a reference and everything, but then miyeon blew it out of the water lol

Edited once, last by Whi ().

• that’s interesting to know.. i also feel like the solo stans played a part in the disparity in each member’s sales on top of the ot4 stans that ran out of dough to buy everything lol

Now i just wish solar would drop sth not out of nowhere so that the answer is clear once and for all lol

Agreed, the biggest impact is to moonbyul, she has always had the strongest solo fanbase and shes been promoting herself to her c-fans for a couple years now.

I'm hoping she drops something at the end of this year, but with the musical she is currently in and an unknown mmm schedule suspected (the contract stated 1 CB per year) who knows when it will be and of the 6 official solos she has she wrote and composed for 4, and wrote for 1 more. Shes even credited for writing and composing for her collab songs in recent years so we know she likes to keep control and we waited for big booty for literal years so wo knows when she will bless us again.

• Agreed, the biggest impact is to moonbyul, she has always had the strongest solo fanbase and shes been promoting herself to her c-fans for a couple years now.

I'm hoping she drops something at the end of this year, but with the musical she is currently in and an unknown mmm schedule suspected (the contract stated 1 CB per year) who knows when it will be and of the 6 official solos she has she wrote and composed for 4, and wrote for 1 more. Shes even credited for writing and composing for her collab songs in recent years so we know she likes to keep control and we waited for big booty for literal years so wo knows when she will bless us again.

speaking of solo stans, you know i heard rumbles from a while back about how the chinese moonbyul stans / moonsun shippers brought both moonbyul and solar’s solo releases in 2020, but it turned out the solar stans didn’t buy moonbyul’s album (hence solar’s higher sales back then) so the moonbyul stans were pissed and decided not to buy solar’s next release. I didn’t know how true that was but judging from solar’s dramatic decrease in sales i feel like there might be some truth to it.. :sweatr:

• speaking of solo stans, you know i heard rumbles from a while back about how the chinese moonbyul stans / moonsun shippers brought both moonbyul and solar’s solo releases in 2020, but it turned out the solar stans didn’t buy moonbyul’s album (hence solar’s higher sales back then) so the moonbyul stans were pissed and decided not to buy solar’s next release. I didn’t know how true that was but judging from solar’s dramatic decrease in sales i feel like there might be some truth to it.. :sweatr:

Knowing how seriously some take the shipping, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some truth to that but it seems a bit off considering the timing. moonbyul had her solo before solar, and she dropped a repackage after solar finished promotions, so I can see solar solos not going as hard for a repackage, but fans generally don't anyways, esp when it only had 2 new songs, so I don't think alot of ot4's went as hard for it but it still sold around half her first mini which is very good considering even twice find it hard to sell half the normal volume with a repackage. Then to remain angry for 2 years and not buy to spite another fandom...yikes, but some fans are probably like that.

• Knowing how seriously some take the shipping, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some truth to that but it seems a bit off considering the timing. moonbyul had her solo before solar, and she dropped a repackage after solar finished promotions, so I can see solar solos not going as hard for a repackage, but fans generally don't anyways, esp when it only had 2 new songs, so I don't think alot of ot4's went as hard for it but it still sold around half her first mini which is very good considering even twice find it hard to sell half the normal volume with a repackage. Then to remain angry for 2 years and not buy to spite another fandom...yikes, but some fans are probably like that.

nah sorry I wasn’t clear; i meant solar stans didn’t buy dsotm first but the chinese moonbyul stans that were moonsun shippers didn’t know that at the time and still ordered to buy spit it out when it came out later, and that’s when it became clear that some chinese moonsun shippers that were solar stans didn’t previously do it for moonbyul’s dsotm bc solar got higher sales right off the bat. I remember some people even directly messaged moonbyul that they were sorry they couldn’t make her sales higher and promised it’d change next time or sth lol so dramatic :pepe-cringe:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!