Posts by Lost-Guardian

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I don't care about the topic of this thread and I could care less about who had the biggest debut ever. Because it doesn't matter in the long run when everyone has seen the biggest artists like The Beatles, Michael Jackson or BTS did not have the biggest of the debuts.

I quoted you for saying NewJeans are doing things no one has ever done in Korean digitals and since then you have been implying that they are the biggest the way you have been scoffing off all the stuff I have told you about other groups over NewJeans.

It is your fault if you did not see what I quoted you for. And even though I don't care about you or NewJeans, it is very much visible how obtuse you are being throughout this thread with your replies. I understand that you are finally happy that you are liking a group which is also successful hence think they are the biggest thing since planet Earth but that doesn't mean everything else or before didn't exist. Peace.

No one's taking away anything from NewJeans but I'm just saying that it has gotten easier to break all time records now with low userbase across Korean platforms. 'Celebrity' is the IU song with most PAKs but it is nowhere near her biggest hit. 'Event Horizon' spent more days at #1 than 'Love Scenario' but it is not really bigger than LS. 'Love Dive' spent double the weeks in top 10 than that of 'Cheer Up' but that doesn't mean it is bigger. All these songs released in last 2 years are breaking all the biggest hits records in terms of longevity but not peak because it has gotten easier to stay at top for long now because of lower userbase.

You don't know how big BigBang 'MADE' era was. Believe me when I'm saying that they would have hogged top 4 for months if the userbase was this low back then.

BTS have charted 17 songs in the year end chart, IU has charted 15, BigBang and Exo have also charted 10 I guess. NewJeans are not the only ones to do this. MC Mong has held entire top 10 by himself. I can sense you are new to this stuff with the way you are going "the only group" over everything.

NewJeans are the biggest of this era hence they are doing stuff that others from their era are not being able to do. There's no two ways about it. But you are saying they are the biggest of any era in Korean digitals and the most dominant which is kind of stupid. Because you are stating this just based on their debut year which is big but still nowhere close to the big years many others have had. They are clearly not as big as BigBang or BTS or Twice in Korean digitals.

then went on the most dominant conquest of the Korean digital charts we have literally ever seen--no group has ever been #1, #2 and #3 on every major chart in Korea at the same time for three straight months.

So no. NJ is not doing numbers that BP or BTS already did--they did numbers nobody else has ever done.

If you are talking about Korean digitals here then no. NewJeans haven't done as close to numbers as BTS. Newjeans in their record breaking year got around 4b digital points while BTS have 4 years with 4b+ digital points. I think IU has only one such year, I don't think BP have even had a year with 3b so yeah it is pretty impressive of NewJeans to do so but no they aren't doing numbers that BTS have done in Korean digitals.

Also many artists have hold top 3 on Melon. For multiple weeks. It's true no one has done it for so long. But it is also very much visible it has gotten easier to stay at the top for longer now because of low Melon userbase. Hence we are seeing so many recent hits breaking all time records very easily even though not many of these songs actually feel as huge. You used to require the similar ULs to enter top 100 that you do now to enter top 10. Don't want to take away anything from NewJeans but honestly BigBang could have done 6 months of this in 2015 if the userbase was this low. But these charts used to represent music from all types of audience unlike now when they represent mainly girl groups music consumption hence they had much bigger userbase back then than now....

Female models generally earn like 2 - 3x more than male models, so I would assume Jennie.

BTS were charging $4.5m for endorsements when Blackpink was charging around $1-1.5m. Because it's not just about the gender who is endorsing. It's also about who is actually endorsing. The popularity, the status, the impact. Since BTS and members are much more known and popular than BP and members, they can charge more even after being male and hence don't fall in this regular category.

It’s obviously going to be the woman. It’s no competition. If it was like athletic shoes I would have gone with the guy

Otherwise it’s going to be the woman. Always.

Jungkook may increase the brand value but that’s not quantifiable. He will never model the dresses and the bras and whatever so he can never be credited for actually selling those products. Where as people will buy the exact same thing jennie is wearing. Or rather any female model is wearing. And it will always be more for the female model.

I can tell you right now as someone in advertising “brand” doesn’t fall under performance marketing. It never can. Even if it’s genuinely true that jungkooks brand value is 10x Jennie’s, it’s still not quantifiable.

Calvin Klein is mainly known for its underwear and jackets. Is definitely more popular amongst men than women. There is a reason why you remember CR7, David Beckham or Justin Bieber when you think about CK and no female celebrity other than Kendall Jenner comes to your mind. So your logic doesn't apply here.

Your logic only applies to those who are just models. This is not just another model. It is one of the biggest and most known celebrities. These types of names don't just bring attention but sales too.

서태지와 아이들 with their song 난 알아요 was the biggest debut in Kpop history.

Song was number 1 for months on end and they sold 1 million + albums for the debut album.

Nothing will ever top it.

This is like one of those few things that did not just change Korean music's history but whole Korea's history. So yeah no competition.

Not just the biggest but much more impactful too...

Idk where to put this :sweat:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

10.09m unfiltered streams is a really good result... Longevity and stability till his album gets released is important.

And I'm telling you BTS is not just about 'Dynamite' or any particular song. It is a brand which is very much mainstream hence you saw them getting invited by UN or White House and by many other non music and entertainment related organizations. They aren't just celebrities but more than that. I don't expect you girl group fans to know all of it because BTS have made all of your faves look irrelevant for all these years hence you started acting ignorant to how big they are and started pushing it "all down to fandom" agenda. But you need to know now if you think your new no name faves can surpass them.

I have been telling you to stop involving JK in your "HYBE shady towards NewJeans" conspiracy since a month ago and still you haven't stopped. His schedule is clashing with Taehyung and is probably going to clash with RM too, not just western acts. BTS don't have time to be involved in your stupid conspiracies.

I don't care about NewJeans one bit. You mentioned BTS, you think they can surpass them and I'm just giving you a lesson. Want to avoid me, just don't mention BTS....