Posts by Lost-Guardian

4 BTS members have been in the top 10, right?

It's 5 members, not 4... Wow!

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

'Who' is definitely my favourite song on the album. 'Be Mine' is close second. It is definitely the best song on the album. Both pre releases suit the vibe of the album more than as the standalone singles. 'Slow Dance' is good too. I expected more from 'Rebirth (Intro)' because of the teaser. The album starts after 'Interlude'.

Lmfao… and this is why so many can’t take any of you serious. Like you must be trolling or something.

This one coming from blink who are actually filled with trolls on allkpop as well as other platforms and are mainly known for making up lies just to prop up their faves is actually hilarious. That should actually show you the truth if you are not blind. ARMYs don't need to distort data or have to depend on particular qualifiers to show that BTS are one of the biggest artist in the world while blinks always depend on them to get to put Blackpink in the same sentence as worldwide popular artists.

This is not going to go anywhere because stupid blinks like you will continue to think Blackpink are as popular as BTS no matter how big of a lie that is. Sigh!

Popularity =/= achievement !

People can have the same popularity, but doesn’t mean they are also equally successful.

I know popularity doesn't always translate to achievements. And knowing that I am saying, Blackpink are nowhere near as popular as BTS. Your fandom has brainwashed itself into thinking they are. Mainly because both get mentioned alongside each other regardless of the difference between how popular or impactful both have actually been.

The truth is Blackpink are not as known as BTS globally including in their own country. That's the bottomline.

In terms of legacy, BigBang rank higher than SNSD in my opinion. But at the peak of their popularity, it is debatable. SNSD were the biggest celebrities in Korea at their peak, BigBang never were that. Even though BigBang always had more presence among public than SNSD through their music careers, SNSD were considered the celebrity amongst celebrities in Korea back then. So I'm tilting a bit towards SNSD if its about peak popularity. Even though I think they aren't even the biggest or most important SME group all of whom are below BigBang in terms of legacy.

Idk why people act like Se7en was not popular. Even though he was overshadowed by Lee Hyori and Rain, he was actually a pretty successful soloist. Big Mama songs were kinda popular. BigBang were the reason YGE became one of biggest entertainment company but YGE wasn't nugu before them.

Peak Big Bang was arguably the most popular group in the world. Don't forget it either.

No that's not true at all. BigBang were pretty unknown outside of Asia for the most of their careers. They started making some noise after Psy's 'Gangnam Style' by which time One Direction had debuted and had unarguably became the biggest boy group in the world in their debut year itself. One could even argue that 2NE1 was more popular than BigBang outside Asia. And had more possibility of breaking out in the west than them.

I was with you until the last part but this is absolutely not true and a blatant lie.

Blackpink have their own identify and have had it right along side BTS. Now I don’t care to argue who is bigger but lying like this hilarious.

BP were never added as a plus 1 for BTS you’re confusing them with 17 or TXT or NCT etc but most definitely not Blackpink.

You can call it an exaggeration but nothing I said there is a lie. I am not saying Blackpink don't have their own identity or a brand on their own. The point is them being mentioned alongside BTS has made people into thinking they are just as popular as BTS which is not the case at all. Which is what the premise of this thread is.

It makes absolutely sense. Even with the Big3 privilege you are talking about… a GG would never reach what BTS has reached and what they have reached is something only a BG could have been able to reach.

No other Korean artist or Asian artist for that matter has been able to reach the levels BTS have. So it is stupid to say they reached to these highs only because they are a boy group. There was no precedent set for them. No one saw it coming. Literally no one.

You are making it sound like Blackpink had less opportunities, lower consumer base and more challenges than BTS just because they are a girl group when we all know it is not true at all.

Blackpink could reach where they did mainly because they were completely dependent on what was given to them. They had the precedent set for them. Hence they could add to it and reached their level of success. They are just another kpop group like everyone before them hence none of them reached the world stage even though they had bigger and better chances of doing so.

BTS success is more down to them being once in a generation group (and I'm not talking about kpop generations here) than just being a boy group. That's why they became not just the biggest boy group in the world but the biggest artist to ever come out of Korea and Asia. They are setting the precedent for not just other kpop groups but all the Korean and Asian artists to follow.

Idk why we are acting like BTS and Blackpink started out as equals. Your post would make sense if we are talking about "Big 3" boy group and "Big 3" girl group who had equal opportunities from the start. But this is not the case here.

Historically in kpop "Big 3" groups have always outperformed and outlived the other groups. "Non Big 3" groups face more challenges and are more likely to disband within the first 2-3 years. So here Blackpink was never going to disband in 2-3 years regardless of their results. But BTS would have if they had not succeeded.

This is kpop we are talking about. Here music consumption has mostly been dependent on which company you are debuting from more than if it's a boy group or a girl group. Because we have fans like you for example who would stan the next group the company produces. That's why even the smallest of the "Big 3" groups (be it boy groups or girl groups) have always made better living than "non Big 3" groups. Till BTS came and widened the audience pool.

That's why I find it ridiculous when people act as if "Big 3" & "non Big 3" groups have equal grounds in the industry heavily influenced by companies. Like have some self awareness. It is downright disrespectful to ignore that context.

It is time to stop acting like Blackpink are just another girl group. They were the most privileged group in kpop history at the time of their debut and were unarguably the most pushed group till NewJeans debuted. Their success was written from the start because of the company they came from. Blackpink are not like other girl groups who didn't get many opportunities. So it is not logical to use this analogy here and compare with BTS as if they got more opportunities than Blackpink or both had the equal grounds. If they had actually started our as equals, it would not be an exaggeration to say Blackpink would have been at best like (for example) Everglow looking at their talent and passion for the music.

And no, Blackpink and BTS are not equally known in terms of global popularity. The premise of this thread is actually right. Blackpink name got more known mainly because it was added as +1 with BTS since they broke out in the west. In reality there are levels between their global popularity. Blackpink are not even as known as BTS in their own country, let alone outside of it.