Posts by livingbarbiedoll

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

^Idk if new kpop stans even know their name but they were a top gg back then lol. This song hit #1 on Gaon chart.

I remember they promoted this song when the song reach 100+ on melon few months ago but still wonder why the song didn’t manage to break into top 100 after all the promotions, before yoo jaesuk come to their rescue and help the song getting recognition.

Really hope it saves them from disbandment... They just started seeing some light in the last year of their contract

Their agency is doing nothing. They should go back to promote but maybe they have given up on them because their contracts are ending really soon

That really worries me as well, although they may be waiting for the song to rise a bit more.... Brave Girls started promoting in a higher position. Not saying LABOUM needs to follow the exact same strategy. They don't need to be back to music shows, just appear on TV shows or do something. Actually TV shows are way more effective than music shows and usually get better viewer ratings.

As someone who followed them since debut, I always questioned that. Solbin was everywhere, the agency tried all they could to push her as an "it girl". The songs which they had were public friendly. A lot of people say "X group should hit big in Korea" but they don't even notice that many groups don't release their music to appeal to Korean fans. In LABOUM's case, they were exactly releasing what Koreans would enjoy.

The girls had a few controversies in 2017, and then slowed down with promos, but they were a 3 year old group at that point. The key to a group succeeding back then was the early years (Yea it wasn't like now that even a 10 year old group would stand a chance lol)

Journey to Atlantis was played on "How do you play " which is a very popular show but not like they weren't on big shows before.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com

Long time no see acadz, I remember you from LABOUM official thread on another forum. And ikr, the girls have such public friendly songs. I always wondered why the public chose to sleep on them despite Solbin being promoted well and decent number of comebacks with public friendly songs from 2014-2017. Ik they slowed down since 2017 because of some messes but they key is mostly the early years.

How isn’t Mamamoo a high tier group?? They’re been in the top 5 for five years straight now and consistently gotten amazing results and shown growth. With Izone gone and RV no where to be seen they could literally be the 3rd biggest girl group right now.

But I guess going by your definition Itzy and Gidle are almost in that “not top tier, not mid tier” space. Just need to grow a bit more in popularity lol. But until then no 4th gen group imao

Very nice one. 4th gen stans pretty much overrate their faves. Latata was the best charting song by Gidle and it was a semi-hit type song. Itzy has had one hit so far..."dalla dalla" . (In the morning is showing potential too) They do chart well but none have a hit as big as Mamamoo or Gfriend's. They are lacking in digital performance if you compare peaks of the groups, but far better than previous generation in physicals. And I do expect other 4th generation groups like Aespa to be the same, it's like most agencies don't even bother with releasing a hit in Korea anymore.

Mamamoo is still high tier and Gfriend used to be high tier in their rookie years as well, they had actual "NATIONAL HITS" . Me Gustas Tu was the first idol song ever to chart for a whole year. People love to underestimate Gfriend yea. The thing about new generation ggs is that they are focused on western fans rather than Korea, most don't even care about releasing hits in Korea while Gfriend's focus was only Korea. They exactly started falling once they tried aiming at ifans.

Honestly, I'm REALLY shocked. As someone who has been following LABOUM since their debut, I would not blame their agency for managing them bad. Alright, they ain't no big 3. But they pushed Solbin very well on huge shows, gave LABOUM decent amount of comebacks with public friendly songs in their first years. Yes they did slow down with the promotions because of some messy stuff in 2017, but usually the key to a group's success is the first years (at least until some years ago because since 2020 we saw older groups like Oh My Girl or Brave Girls breakout)

All in all I'm gonna say it's crazy that LABOUM got pushed decently and the public chose to ignore, and now just playing their song on a TV show once helped them enter top 100 for the first time in their career lol

External Content twitter.com

Bieber is seriously smashing in Korea. I don't think previous huge hits like bad guy, Shape Of You or Havana were really as big as this, but that could also be attributed to the chart change. Now another one of his bsides with 0 promo is starting to enter Melon and it'll probably rise soon.

Peaches is probably the biggest international song in Korea since Bad Guy back in 2019.

Ifans tend to forget about this song since it wasn't as big in western countries, but this literally topped MelOn's yearly chart in 2019 lol. Kpop fans were so pressed about her beating their faves.

Perhaps like 90% of groups have issues inside the group and just act like friends for career reasons, but still, not like I'm a 5 year old who gets attached to groups emotionally. Once the group is milked dry and not as profitable, and members have saved enough, then that was the whole point. That was why they formed a group in the first place. They could go start their new lives I suppose. I will still listen to their songs if they are good, every once in a while.