Posts by livingbarbiedoll

I feel like the lesbian controversy destroyed Lovelyz's momentum :((

So heartbroken now.

I always think this. People do not remember how hyped they were around their debut. They were considered Red Velvet's rivals and media played as the next SNSD or Apink. Everyone would expect them to be huge instead of per say, Gfriend but even after Jisoo was cleared, right before every comeback there were articles about the scandal and Gfriend and Twice stole the light in 2016. After that there was a long hiatus and they never recovered. I also think the reason that Ah Choo became famous but their brand didn't was the controversy.

all have they gotten the various cf gigs and variety appearances like BG then?

Yes they were invited to a few interviews, also did CFs one of which was for the Korean ministry of environment. They were also invited to a few concerts and got high views on all the performances, and one thing which interests me is that almost all the comments are in Korean which I barely see happen even with groups like LOVELYZ whose most fandom was in Korea. All of this was a big deal for LABOUM because at that point they were completely inactive for a year, and only posted selfies on their IG accounts. Brave Girls managed to capture the right moment by going back to music shows/variety shows to promote but NH media had completely given up on LABOUM so JTA didn't become as big as Rollin and sadly. Even now they only managed to comeback because they signed with a new agency. Sadly it took too long before they contracts were over and they were released out the dungeon and kiss kiss isn't doing well now.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

LABOUM shared that they were about to disband before 'Journey To Atlantis' had a chart reversal

They noted themselves as an 'unknown girl group that didn't receive much attention' and went into crisis before disbandment. They described the chart reversal like being given a gift. Soyeon said, "We really didn't even think about renewing our contract. Then, the grateful miracle of chart reversal happened. We said let's each live well on our own, but then we unexpectedly got another chance, so we decided to try again for the last time."

Soyeon also talked about how they looked for LABOUM on charts previously but couldn't find themselves but now found themselves at the top and couldn't believe it's real.

Solbin said that being in the top 100 was on her bucket list and she's speechless and overwhelmed it happened. Jinyea was thinking about acting, Soyeon was still looking for an opportunity to continue singing, & Haein was thinking about leaving the entertainment industry and finding a different challenge in a different field before the chart reversal happened.

The most memorable phrase that they've heard is, "Thank you for holding out for seven years."

Solbin said "LABOUM are my friends, family, and my youth."

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com

Man they really dislike the girl crush look huh? :peperain:

It is too prevalent and boring at this rate. Just like how I-fans got sick of cute concept at some point, but I never saw an article where netizens were complaining about innocent and sweet concepts.

Other than that, Wonyoung is on her way to becoming an it-girl so she will perhaps be this group's center, and there is no doubt that she fits a cute and girly image the best. Or at least something on the feminine side like Iz*One

I am so obsessed

And don't forget to check out LABOUM's new comeback

Apink is perhaps gonna be inactive from on now, though they skip to confirm it. Lovelyz disbanded a few days ago. Some early Gfriend songs had that quality as well but they are also gone. That was what I looked up to in kpop. That was why I ever joined Kpop. It's disappointing.

LABOUM's new song has some Apink qualities. It is slightly different than their previous quirky image. I hope they keep it up with this. <3

Big congratulations OP.

My country is managing COVID horribly. The Delta variant kills 1 person every 2 minutes, and I don't even trust the official numbers. The vaccination process is going way too slow for our own good and decent vaccine brands like Pfizer don't even exist here in the first place. So far, it sucks. Not just with COVID, but everything is getting worse. Be it economy or our flopping electricity system, with multiple hours of power-cut daily. The more years go by the more I realize I hate my life in here, and if I get in a foreign university which I am applying for this autumn, I will be given the world <3

Other cases of bullying are irrelevant to the case. Teenagers who commit suicide is a horrible thing, but did anyone commit suicide because of Soojin? No such thing has ever been said so why do you bring that up? All you're doing is appealing to emotion which often is a manipulative tactic to confuse people's reasoning (whether you realize it or not).

That's fine only if everything you stated are confirmed facts. Which we don't know. We weren't there, and we know nothing of the conclusion of the case and investigation. What's obvious is Cube didn't start a lawsuit on the sole basis that Soojin told them she did nothing wrong. During the many weeks that followed the beginning of the controversy, Cube collected information to figure out what to do. It appears the information they found matched Soojin's statement enough for them to file a lawsuit. They wouldn't have followed along had they found out early that everything was BS. So for now we're still in the dark when it comes to what happened.

Plus, Soojin doesn't have to prove her innonence, she must be proven guilty. Don't revert the burden of proof because that's not how it works.

They didn't commit suicide because of Soojin. However those on here and twitter saying and event which happened over 10 years ago shouldn't lead to this, are extremely ignorant. They do not know how it affected the victims, it stays with them for a lifetime.

Also Soojin didn't react to any of this in a mature way. All she needed to do was to apologize.

Meanwhile her fans following her steps to defend her on twitter, bullying SSA to save Soojin from a bullying scandal... of what an irony

You are privy to a whole lot of information the rest of us are not according to this

So not only is it confirmed she did it, but her bullying was so extreme it led to Korean teenagers committing suicide from the Trauma and she even FORCED the company to initiate lawsuits against the accusers, damn is she the new big villain of the next Marvel Cinematic Universe? Thanos eat your heart out

And Well of course she did all those things with your legal standard of "prove you are innocent"

Bruh, take a deep breath seriously. What grade are you in? Can you read and write?? Where did I mention that teenagers killed themselves because of her??? I mentioned that being bullied leaves you scarred for the rest of your life, and that so many teens in Korea have committed suicide because of how heavy it was heavy for them to take. It's not just kids not getting along. Kids should be educated to act like a decent human, that others have feelings and that victims will forever remember what has been said and done to them.

The way Soojin acted from the beginning was immature, she asked SSA to speak up as if she would be scared and won't do it. She started a lawsuit (even if the legal system ain't too fair when it comes to such cases and money could easily win). She herself said she will leave the group if she can't prove herself innocent, and did she do it so far???

Bold of you to think I even care about Soojin or GIDLE enough to be spreading blind hate to them. The way ifans are reacting to this however, is extremely unfair. Meanwhile April (who are also guilty) doesn't have this privilege due to lack of fame and international fans.

People defending her, do you seriously understand what type of trauma being bullied at school cause for these children, for a whole LIFETIME??? Have you scrolled through the articles which stated Korean teenagers committed suicide due to the trauma???? You are all bystanders.

Sure everyone deserves a second chance, IN CASE THEY ACT LIKE AN ADULT. Admit to your mistake, reflect and be mature. Just like Irene did (she is a great example of a role model when it comes to scandals, and I am not even her fan.) In Soojin's case, she refused to get off her high horse just because of her moderate level of fame. God knows how she would even act if she was Irene level famous. How she lied to her agency and triggered them to start a lawsuit, how she acted selfish and hurt other members' careers and the group's brand. Do you not see the logic???? She herself said she will leave the group if allegations are true, and so far she has failed to prove she is innocent.