Posts by xoxo-fr

U acting like Idol Never done culture approciation at least rappers are awhare of black culture they give crédit and they Never Say the n Word unlike idols . I Heard that khiphop is more popular than K-pop in Korea the only thing stoping it from charting is BC thé songs have a lot of swear Words that's why they don't play it in public place which affect the chart the most popular song et this moment is homies Paul blanco uneducated kid Siren it's also in the top 20 of the Korean chart and about young ppl avoinding K-pop and going hip-hop it's true i think it BC mâle Idol aren't taking seriously anymore and there's strong préjudice against them also it's more Confy to live as a rapper BC u Can make Ur own music u Can date publicly if u want like Lost rappers and u don't have to worry about fan cancelling u BC hip-hop fan only focus on music also rap comunity in about music quality it's not about visuals and been young and not do Any scandal for exemple the winner of khh award album of the year 2021 is bilstax which is a 40 y.o rapper married 2 Time and have some scandals he win BC his album Was a criticly acclaimed album it's not about who Sell more it's about the quality. If u want music recommandation or variété show u Can Ask.

I never said that Idols don’t do cultural appropriation. But it’s kind of sad to see some KHH artists with dreads,corn row,durags and all. They are supposed to be educated about the hip hop culture and the black culture but it seems like they don’t care and just copy thinking it’s just an aesthetic to be cool or maybe the do really not care.

I agree with the rest of your post. They are more free!

And tyvm I will check the artists mentionned ;-)

Tusm I will check your recommendation <3

Oh wow tusm for all of this and taking the time to share! I will try to check all of this and see what I like :*

I don't know a ton about the Korean r&b/hip-hop scene beyond knowing some artists and their music, but I know I read something about how even though rock is the still the most popular genre in America, hip-hop and r&b are the biggest consumed genres. Younger people tend to skew toward those genres more than the older generation. I can totally see the same thing being applicable in Korea.

I don't really have any recommendations, but I always find myself coming back to Xydo. I just really like his voice.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yeah, the explosion of streaming really gave hip hop a second wind especially after the charts being dominated by POP music.

TU for the recommendation ;-)

Does any of you listen to KHH artists or Krnb ? If yes, who would you recommend ?

With the signature of JayB and Yugyeom to /h1gher /aomg, the popularity of SMTM and Changmo in the Korean charts it’s seems that the Khh community is getting more and more mainstream internationally. Even the Khh contents on YT are getting millions views nowadays.

I started watching SMTM and a lot of rappers are surprisingly good (despite the multiples cultural appropriation which is annoying.) I even read somewhere that young rappers don’t have to go to idols route anymore since now they can build a career in Khh scene and earn money.

Best visuals in Kpop hands down! They are so pretty.

BUT ENOUGH WITH THE PLAIN BACKGROUND KIM HEE JUNE! From the covers, to the commercials gigs it’s always the same background. His lack of creativity with the pink since last year it’s concerning.

And don’t start me about maeng ! These girls are ambassadors of make up brands but they never play with make up. The only time they did that was for the HYLT teasers and it’s was excellent

The fact that people are canceling their orders...

The fact that apparently none of the 6 members solo bars have open group order since the start. I hope it’s just bc China new regulations laws about donations that force them to keep it low.

Having 6 different covers would have assured more sales since most stans would have buy the 6 covers in order to be sure to have their fave cover.

And it’s just day 2... It’s gonna be a interesting era. But at least will finally have new MUSIC.

so apparently it went from 6 individual covers to there only being 1 cover now? :pepewash:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Urgh I Am so mad! Why it’s only a problem when it’s exo.

Well the sales will be lower then

In SK? Their company is from China /end.

It doesn’t help that last year they were in controversy in China bc they performed for SK army or something... So in both countries it’s hard for them.Seems like they choose China and intl market.

Its going to be hard. I think baekhyunbar is already drained from his recent comeback and usually solo bars don't place that much orders ;(

Praying for the best this comeback! Hopefully kexols can stop being petty and start doing stuff. I have faith though since kyungsoo is very popular with the gp :eyes:

Yeah from his Japanese album and BAMBI baek bar funded a lot. Also with how bad Bambi promotions was I ain’t sure how much they will support. Let’s see how exobar can funds.

My expectations for Korean digitals and physical albums is minimal. Hoping they sell as much as obsession is all.

BUT SPOTIFY THATS WHERE I WANT THEM TO KILL IT. :pepe-devil: :pepe-devil: :pepe-devil: :pepe-devil:

Honestly they have to sell at least 1m. For the digital hope they can go top 30 on melon and top 10 on the others plateforms but most importantly they need to serve longevity

I ain’t worried about Spotify and yt. Seeing how hyped people are on twitter.