Posts by thighssavelives

Two are adults. Danielle will be 18 this year I think . Haerin next year. I think hyein is only exception because she is still at start of teen years. But she was a child model I read and they can target her audience.. That's teenagers. Schedule can be managed under labour law.

18 is a minor in south korea, so they're still subjected to the 35 hour work week, with 40 hours max if you get special permission from the government. They're also subjected to the no working after 10pm rule without special permission granted, and from what we've seen since that law has been passed with minors leaving award shows early they haven't been giving idols a pass. This is good given the fact these laws were passed after multiple suicides of those who debuted extremely early in the industry

Korean Labor Law and Working Conditions for Minors
    Working Conditions for Minors  I. Introduction Minors are in the process of growing up as adults, so they are less developed physically and mentally, and…
    www.linkedin.com

To explain why the child actress had a different schedule, it's because these laws are very very recent. Mid 2020 or something recent, this explains why they didn't farm CFs during promotion. Promotion period ate all of the time as they're not just recording music and choreo practice, they do radio shows and other live promotions.

I see we have big company privilege deniers.

Also plenty of examples from like the last 3 years went from nothing to exploded over night. April was literally dead in the water before koreans just randomly wanted to listen to that 1 song of theirs. Gfriend went viral and their charting went from nothing to #1s(regardless of how long that boom lasted)

I cannot believe during the same era where physicals have boomed, with multiple groups seeing a massive spike or debuting with big numbers, we're gonna single out NewJeans. Y'all could not be more obvious that ur trembling in fear

Their stage names are words in common use (Eunha = Galaxy, SinB (sinbi) = Mystery, Umji = Thumb) so it is hard to prohibit the use of such words.

But if their stage name was something like Karina, yes, they would not have been able to use it

I mean they have failed to try and get the stage names away from them time and time again, but nothing stops them from trying

I dunno about that my friend regardless of the company I don't see Viviz doing that well compared to current GG from the 4th gen like IVE, LSFM, NJ, Aespa, Itzy, Gidle etc and I think their current company is doing the best that they can (but since you know more about them than I do what is their current company doing "wrong")

Were you aware that viviz had a comeback last month?

Neither was anyone else. That should already give you an idea of how well it's going.

Do you have any reason other than you just assume there's no room to grow despite the next generation of consumers coming in?

with all due respect to Gfriend and Viviz but the newer groups are dominating to the exclusion of other (and in particular previous older groups)

Sure groups like BG went viral and had their moment in the spotlight but as neigl can attest their post Rollin' works have been "not as successful" and their album sales (although have increased) are nowhere even close to 6 figures...

there is a saying that a rising tide lifts all boats unfortunately some boats are lifted higher while others sink

viviz would be queens if they didnt sign to a basement company thats handling this about as well as the last basement company they signed to

was it gfriend that should have held longer or their pathetic AF company?

company, the members admitted on queendom they were kicked and the company cancelled their last album/comeback to boot them

This is purely copium and conspiracy theory but hear me out

10950690-16x9-large.jpg

As we all know, a ton of groups have seen a rise in physical sales, refresh to their career(brave girls) and international attention, etc, and we haven't seen the last of the growth as a new generation(Generation alpha) is coming onto the scene with the oldest turning 13 this year.

So what if....This isn't crazy and if Gfriend had just held out a bit longer, gone viral on twitter or however the fuck these kids are finding kpop idk someone else can fill that in, they could of had a second wind?? I think it's highly likely that with their talent, their music, their choreos being good at being flashy therefor great for tiktok, etc, it could had worked.

Source music continues to be a giant clown and missing every chance with gfriend. Now they're after Viviz's wig because they realized they screwed up.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think the issue is having some kind of regulation or protection for kids, you have to ask yourself do they all grow up f-d up or is it a minority? Someone here mentioned Jungkook debuted at 15, he's ok right. Do we have info on younger idols debuting and how it turned out for them mentally speaking. Someone needs to do that study and act on that. The child actor argument just plays into the thought if you are against minors then you should be against minors in entertainment generally. Are you going to remove the chance from talented kids?

The problem is how can you ensure the non-abuse, or parents using them to make money... maybe an age limit is the right thing for idols but 16 - that's still very young to be sent into this life, look what happened to Garam just a horrific hate campaign she will be mentally scarred for life.

I will only entertain you if you don't pull this nonsense that it's only a minority when literally everyone is human and develops the same. I don't know if you're a child, but 13 year old we'll name A is not going to be magically more physically developed brain or body wise than 13 year old B. That is not how child development works. There are reasons we literally have child labor banned, it's not because some deem it wrong for the lolz. There's plenty of evidence why this is fucked up and wrong on so many levels.

Advocating for a child to give up their education for work that they literally could not consent at, at 12 is advocating for a child to give up their future for child labor. 16 is working part time age everywhere so idols/entertainers should be subjected to the same laws, they shouldn't be any different.

I've had to talk 15 year olds out of becoming trainees, and that's 15.

If adults are saying that they need their head checked, but I'm not gonna expect a 13 year old that just found out about kpop because ''omg girls my age are famous and rich I wanna do that'' to understand, that's pretty much the same as any other type of influence young kids try to emulate.

I do think we need to remember and shed light on the fact that the younger the idols/influencers are, the younger their fanbase usually is(Look at tiktok and instagram influencers). And do you know who tends to get recruited to become trainees when recruitment happens?

Young fans. It's not just a problem for the minors debuting, but this is actively preparing/normalizing young teens and preteens being in this industry. it will get younger than preteen unless there's regulation and an age limit on debuting outside of kid groups made for a fucking tv ad.(to which there are a lot of those, too)

Also adults love to scream and point out that child actors exist and shit to justify it as if we haven't seen the damage done to child actors. They just don't want their ''the world is good and perfect no one abuses children'' bubble popped. Yeah some are probably pedos but a lot would rather just pretend like nothing bad happens ever, it's extremely common now. The public closing it's eyes and plugging it's ears is absolutely not helping the situation

edit: And fuck the parents fuck stage parents fuck parents treating their children like piggy banks at the cost of the child's physical and mental development that will later be demonized by society when they end up having issues because their development got completely derailed and people don't understand how important that is.

yeah the ratio of minors to adults is becoming increasingly worrisome

even in very young groups maknaes are the most popular or people literally vote for the young ones in survival shows

This one was a very obvious rigging, as she went from 19th to 4th without going viral or anything. She was absolutely added to get articles written about the group, and it worked. There's weirdo fluffy pieces/articles about how ''the youngest idol to debut'' about her not even seeing it as a negative

edit: btw the group is under afreecatv if you need more proof this was done just for buzz without caring if its negative buzz

I was wondering the same thing.

Is this the future now?

Doesn't it kind of also impact the groups ability to tour and do concerts as well? Like aren't there greater legal, ethical and educational issues with minors touring?

Debuting at 17/18 they'd only have to wait a couple of years for big tours which is normal anyhow

but yeah it's questionable what the groups with 14 year olds are gonna do. and yes the sheer amount of groups coming out with more than ur standard maknae are coming out in drones.

2022 debuts
    kpop.fandom.com

the ratio of minors to adults is really wide, the group UPTOYOU is debuting an 11 y/o who was very obviously rigged in as she jumped several spots for quite literally no reason because who the hell votes for an 11 y/o