Posts by ill-pray-4-u

how about this one

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

she has hit higher notes before though

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

She also dodges the "wait til I do" part in that clip, the highest notes. You can clearly hear the parts that are sang, and when it's only backing track. It's easy to her her start singing again from the "hit you with that dudududu" part.

Seems her highest actual live note is Eb5 (D#5)

wdym?she has hit it before

The E5 is the "wait" note in the "now wait til I do, hit you with that dududududu" line. It's dodged in that live as well, just backing track sadly.

Was still 1st month of october and stayed very high until December (1st most the time november). Ithink this could be considered a peak. AIIYL peaked at 3rd on Gaon but did stay way longer, if anything i dismissed a little AIIYL success but TT totally deserve to be here.

You talked about end of the year figures, then changed to talking about peaks within months. Lmao.
    TT deserves to be there roughly the same amount that AIIYL does considering TT's underwhelming longevity. Both stayed in the top 10 the same amount of time. AIIYL stayed in the top 100 of those charts for more than 4 months longer. It's also the ONLY girl group song to chart on Gaon's streaming chart for 5 straight years.
    Not every hit has a massive peak, massive peaks often result in overall disappointing results (especially in Twice's case). Look at Spring Day, it never had a peak even as close as AIIYL did.

AIIYL had 67 weeks on the Gaon digital 100. The most of any girl group song (Cheer Up had 66 weeks on the regular Gaon 100).
    Just correcting you on that.

Actually i think it should be how it is counted, with an emphasis on peak chart positions, and TT did peak really high so it would make the list. KKB had a very huge peak but died in like 2/3 weeks, hard to know the revelency of the song, but had one of the highest peak of any song in 2017. AIIYL never quite reached that kind of a peak so i don't know how to rank it compared to the other high peak/low longevity songs.

For songs that are released at the very end (Psycho, Hip, Meteor), their performance should be counted mostly in 2020 and should be considered 2020 hits as it is the year they marked the most kpop

TT didn't perform super well on neither the 2016 nor 2017 charts due to the time it was released. You're picking and choosing when and where to apply your flawed system.

I think Jennie having to hit those E5s live might play a small role. She never did the same note live for D4, but the E5 note in Ddu Ddu Dddu Du is in a good place to dodge it. You can't really dodge that note where it is in Ice Cream. You can kind of hear her struggling to hit it in the studio recording as it is.

I actually like the song and wish they did it too. That's just my opinion because it's literally the only thing I can think of as to why they didn't do it.

what did i even say wrong?

anyways cheer up was used by the president himself as his election song i dont need to argue with random users that live everywhere but korea about a song which everyone knows is one of the biggest idol songs of all time.

everybody did shy shy shy but did everybody we are the lovesick girls? think about it

Gimmicks don't make a song bigger lmao.

Stay salty about Twice continuing to decline digitally since after Cheer Up rather than getting bigger and bigger hits like BP.

Ko Ko Bop did beat Red Flavor multiple weeks which i consider a pretty strong feat and Signal was kinda big hit for most of the year. They did lack longevity yes, but imo if you are talking about specific years, you should only talk about performances during that year and they pretty much performed as good as AIIYL during 2017. AIIYL has a very good longevity.

By that flawed logic, song released in the third quarter, or early 4th, or always gonna be outperformed by medium level hits released in the first quarter, just because of time. By this logic, TT was not a national hit in 2016 since it was released so late and had very little time to perform as well as the other songs released earlier in the year.