Posts by Ronnietheperth

I didn’t realise Chill Kill flopped pretty bad everywhere :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Only 13m Spotify streams after nearly a month. 16m YouTube views. Not much of an impact domestically. Physicals down.

Wouldn’t be surprised if SM shelve them to one comeback every 2/3 years when the new girl group comes out

It didn’t do that bad domestically. Top 20 in Melon and most other charts after 1 month is okay for a 9 year old GG. At least they are doing better than their peers’ releases this year and also better than their previous one, Birthday.

For albums, isn’t it the problem with Kakao album distribution that the number went down for all SM acts? Also, RV isn’t considered a big physical monster back in the day. (Before album burst in 2020, they regularly pulled around 100k+ when BP and Twice were around 300-400k).

For Youtube, it’s the problem for SM older acts to get high views because there are no ads for them to get promoted like newer groups. Taeyeon’s To.X also has only 3 Millions right now which is a bit surprising.

oh, can BOL4 still dominate the charts?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The last comeback didn’t do that bad but BOL4 has lost a lot of digital power since Ahn Jiyoung went solo so we shouldn’t expect much.

Glad Taeyeon is doing really well (better than I expected tbh)

Feel like Le Sserafim, Dean and Aespa are all waiting for a big boost on Monday to take off. Melon old realtime chart at 1 AM has “Die 4 You” at #14, “Perfect night” at #16 and “Drama” at #19. Meanwhile “Baddie” drops to #43 (with “Chill Kill” and “Love lee” at #61 and #62).

So there is a high possibility of all three songs getting #1-3 at peak hours and may remain there and overtake “Baddie” for few hours. “Chill kill” also could get a decent boost and may crack Top 5 too.

p.s. I’m talking about old realtime chart.

It seems like Sung Si Kyung and Naul combo are going to do some interesting damage to charts right now.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I like how senior idol groups with deep discography always go Killing voice for promo. It is nice to sit and listen through their discograhpy and realise how good their songs are (e.g. kara, btob, exo, infinite, apink)

However, CMIIW, I didnt see the impact on chart with these groups unfortunately.The one i remember going viral was Mamamoo one. I believe it kinda helped dingga to chart better

I remember Kara old songs climbed back up the chart in some degrees like Step, Mister, Lupin but it coincided with their comeback too so both could be factors.

I also see some old Exo songs even B-side like Don’t go back in Top 1000 too.

I remember most Taeyeon’s songs climbing a lot after her appearance too especially B-sides like Time lapse, Drawing our moments, Gravity etc.

I just come here to discuss about JK finally getting #1 and what is all these useless dramas going on here?

Melon having a decrease in listeners have been discussed several times these past few years since the change to 24hits in 2020 and it always happened every time when top songs barely reach 300k UL in anytime of the year. I know fans are probably frustrated but I don’t think there is any ill intentions on posts, maybe wrong timing but this isn’t something that should be dragged on for pages. Let it end and enjoy our new #1 Melon reign and discuss the next topic.

Maybe the song should rise to at least Top 10 or Top 20 first before you can clearly call it a viral, chart-climbing song like Sneakers…I don’t know how much more it will rise though, this is currently their third week of promotions and they are still at #60 with 75k UL (fyi, Sneakers at the same timeframe was #12 in their 3rd week with 200k UL).

I could be proven wrong though so it still has potential to reach Top 10…But this will probably be a pattern for ITZY from now on —> Debuting with a poor number —> Need to do a lot of promotion/SNS/challenges —> If it can go viral, it climbs the chart (Sneakers). If it’s not, it fails miserably (Cheshire). Expecting a top chart debut is maybe not for ITZY anymore.

External Content twitter.com

I knew it was going to climb the song is catchy and the girls look great.

It’s a peak hour. There is no climbing with that one.

Wait for few days (or at least in 2nd week) to fully judge how well the song will do. Yes, it could climb back up like Sneakers or continue dropping like Cheshire.

JK needs to surpass Parc Jaejung “Let’s say goodbye” first. That song really rises a lot these past weeks and the rising becomes scarier and scarier and not slowing down at all. It may pull a big surprise to reach #1 if new release songs fail to get #1 while it surpasses Super Shy.

Have always said it for so many times that PAK is the most overrated and overused metric to define a hit song.

I’m a SONE and I won’t pretend that Taeyeon’s INVU PAK, while it’s a nice achievement, was also not impressive considering the competition at that time and the real digital points it got. Most fans will probably agree that I and Four seasons are clearly her bigger songs despite not getting PAK at all.

Now for the empty house argument, it can’t be helped that there would be some periods that were less competitive than others. Songs like Ditto would still have a high chance to reach #1 and still would be a big hit if it released around this time but having to compete against LSF, aespa, (g)idle would be more difficult than having to compete with NCT dream or Taeyang for sure.

If PAK is so important then the song that won SOTY should come from that list alone and songs with no PAK should be excluded.

Oh yeah…which song sweeps SOTY in 2022, ranking #1 in yearly Melon and how many PAK it had again?

You never know about future. An unexpected releases may pull something like 800k UL in March/April with insane longevity and may get less PAK numbers or no PAK at all and Ditto may miss out from SOTY despite all these numbers.

Unless the Taeyeon/Naul collab coming in like 7 hours does anything, NewJeans has free reign to keep going until Sunday. OMG might block it AGAIN because of YouTube.

I will be very surprised if it makes as much impact as hitting #1 or let alone Top 10 at all. It’s not official comeback, it has almost zero promotions about it, Naul’s first 2 releases earlier (one with Sung Si Kyung and the other with just him) didn’t do that well.

Charts are honestly embarrassingly dead outside of New Jeans :skull:

Someone needs to work out the average release date of the top 20 on Melon :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Just for fun…

There is Sung Si Kyung OST “Every moment of youfrom 2014 sitting literally at #16 so this will skew the average a lot…

Top 20 average = 288.2 days (dated back to around beginning of April)

* Top 20 but exclude “Every moment of you” = 131.5 days (dated back to around mid September)

Edit: Top 20 at this day last year average = 87.1 days (Around late October)