Posts by Ronnietheperth

Come on, just let them experimenting new things. IVE is currently in their peak right now. If they don’t try this now then when should they do it? I’m actually glad that they try to do something new.

Also too early to say how their comeback this time will do overall, just wait and see.

I like how senior idol groups with deep discography always go Killing voice for promo. It is nice to sit and listen through their discograhpy and realise how good their songs are (e.g. kara, btob, exo, infinite, apink)

However, CMIIW, I didnt see the impact on chart with these groups unfortunately.The one i remember going viral was Mamamoo one. I believe it kinda helped dingga to chart better

I remember Kara old songs climbed back up the chart in some degrees like Step, Mister, Lupin but it coincided with their comeback too so both could be factors.

I also see some old Exo songs even B-side like Don’t go back in Top 1000 too.

I remember most Taeyeon’s songs climbing a lot after her appearance too especially B-sides like Time lapse, Drawing our moments, Gravity etc.

I just come here to discuss about JK finally getting #1 and what is all these useless dramas going on here?

Melon having a decrease in listeners have been discussed several times these past few years since the change to 24hits in 2020 and it always happened every time when top songs barely reach 300k UL in anytime of the year. I know fans are probably frustrated but I don’t think there is any ill intentions on posts, maybe wrong timing but this isn’t something that should be dragged on for pages. Let it end and enjoy our new #1 Melon reign and discuss the next topic.

Maybe the song should rise to at least Top 10 or Top 20 first before you can clearly call it a viral, chart-climbing song like Sneakers…I don’t know how much more it will rise though, this is currently their third week of promotions and they are still at #60 with 75k UL (fyi, Sneakers at the same timeframe was #12 in their 3rd week with 200k UL).

I could be proven wrong though so it still has potential to reach Top 10…But this will probably be a pattern for ITZY from now on —> Debuting with a poor number —> Need to do a lot of promotion/SNS/challenges —> If it can go viral, it climbs the chart (Sneakers). If it’s not, it fails miserably (Cheshire). Expecting a top chart debut is maybe not for ITZY anymore.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I knew it was going to climb the song is catchy and the girls look great.

It’s a peak hour. There is no climbing with that one.

Wait for few days (or at least in 2nd week) to fully judge how well the song will do. Yes, it could climb back up like Sneakers or continue dropping like Cheshire.

JK needs to surpass Parc Jaejung “Let’s say goodbye” first. That song really rises a lot these past weeks and the rising becomes scarier and scarier and not slowing down at all. It may pull a big surprise to reach #1 if new release songs fail to get #1 while it surpasses Super Shy.

Have always said it for so many times that PAK is the most overrated and overused metric to define a hit song.

I’m a SONE and I won’t pretend that Taeyeon’s INVU PAK, while it’s a nice achievement, was also not impressive considering the competition at that time and the real digital points it got. Most fans will probably agree that I and Four seasons are clearly her bigger songs despite not getting PAK at all.

Now for the empty house argument, it can’t be helped that there would be some periods that were less competitive than others. Songs like Ditto would still have a high chance to reach #1 and still would be a big hit if it released around this time but having to compete against LSF, aespa, (g)idle would be more difficult than having to compete with NCT dream or Taeyang for sure.

If PAK is so important then the song that won SOTY should come from that list alone and songs with no PAK should be excluded.

Oh yeah…which song sweeps SOTY in 2022, ranking #1 in yearly Melon and how many PAK it had again?

You never know about future. An unexpected releases may pull something like 800k UL in March/April with insane longevity and may get less PAK numbers or no PAK at all and Ditto may miss out from SOTY despite all these numbers.

Unless the Taeyeon/Naul collab coming in like 7 hours does anything, NewJeans has free reign to keep going until Sunday. OMG might block it AGAIN because of YouTube.

I will be very surprised if it makes as much impact as hitting #1 or let alone Top 10 at all. It’s not official comeback, it has almost zero promotions about it, Naul’s first 2 releases earlier (one with Sung Si Kyung and the other with just him) didn’t do that well.

Charts are honestly embarrassingly dead outside of New Jeans :skull:

Someone needs to work out the average release date of the top 20 on Melon :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Just for fun…

There is Sung Si Kyung OST “Every moment of you” from 2014 sitting literally at #16 so this will skew the average a lot…

Top 20 average = 288.2 days (dated back to around beginning of April)

* Top 20 but exclude “Every moment of you” = 131.5 days (dated back to around mid September)

Edit: Top 20 at this day last year average = 87.1 days (Around late October)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Pretty sure Dolphin had higher digital sales with 566 Millions points in 2020 year-end chart.

Kara is doing way better than I expected, it looks like the song could be a hit. Step is also at #130 in the daily chart, Lupin in the top 200, Mr in the top 300, all of them rising a lot these days.

Kara was not even one of the super strong groups digitally during the 2nd gen, but it's quite obvious that in terms of public respect in Korea 2nd gen groups are a step above the rest.

Kara’s digital may not be outstanding like Sistar, 2ne1 but their songs always got well-received responses from the public.

There was no need to give the trot guy the Album of the Year thing. He should have been happy that he was invited there.

IT just proved Melon is a personal play thing of Lee Jieun.

Try snubbing LYW from album of the year and it would cause even more uproar from his fans and could potentially be a target to the public like what LSF got with Music Bank win.

Idle has 50/50 chance with IVE as Love dive and Tomboy number are almost equal. So it can go both ways

ROTY is all about 100% judge so it’s up to them who they want to give. (And they decide to choose BTS)

MMA is pretty fair in recent years and I don’t think you can even argue that any awards are rigged at all.

Just hope she will follow the same path of 10cm/Melomance and not Jannabi.

Jannabi is doing fine on their own. 10cm/Melomance also have some hits and misses too. So I don’t think they’re different from each other.

And Younha also already had her hayday in her earlier years, this is literally a resurgence on her career so obviously different career path from other artists above.

What other hits does Younha have before?

Younha was really huge around late 2000s. I think “Waiting” and “Password 486” are her biggest hit. There were also several other hits throughout her career too.

She was in “Hangout with Yoo” in the beginning of the year for “Acorn festival” and got a pretty good response.