Posts by winniethepb

Yeah... imagine referencing Buzzfeed News in a news report., you probably troll any harder. Few factors, investors, references, and trend. Yes Vox is "Technically" independent even though NBC and other investors have equity, you also need to see where the are citing sources and are they following a trend so they can get clicks. Clearly Vox has been citing the same sources at BBC, a government funded news outlets. Furthermore, many of these sources are still government funded.

You also should not judge a country by it's history, it's never the right approach. If that is the case we can probably witness another Japanese internment camps and the chinese extradition act?

It's also not just the Communist government that contains other ideologies, do you recall the Red Scare? It's really no different.

I'm neither supporting the Chinese or western governments on their policies, I just don't want manipulation of facts and hypocrisies.

The fact is, all the sources from those tweets are once again bias because of the source. Anastasia Lin is a follower of Falun Gong which is anti-china, far-right politically, religious cult. They backed Donald Trump's campaign. The largest media distributor of Falun Gong, Epoch Times, spread false information and conspiracy theories. Even Facebook had to ban ads from Epoch Times because of disinformation in Trump ads and false information of COVID-19. Whether or not you believe this is on you, but I'm just providing information that can be found on the web.

Now that said, I'm sure Yuehua does all their social media and participated in posting these post, however, just because Yuehua did the posting doesn't mean you can assume the artists doesn't support it. People should know that Harvard did a study showing 90% of Chinese citizens are satisfied with the central government (Before pandemic). Especially after controlling the virus, there has been studies showing the satisfaction is even higher. (You can google this). People should also understand Chinese people value family and civilization. Therefore, much of China is extremely nationalistic and patriotic. From my speculation, I don't think the government pressured them directly but because of the recent problems Yuehua has had, they voluntarily posted these to avoid conflicts and boost their reputation in China because that's where all their revenue comes from.

Following a movement isn't new. In China the movement is support Xinjiang Cotton while the movement outside of China is boycott. When one person or entity does it, the rest follows.

It's very important to understand one's culture before making a judgement.

These are my fact checks and my opinions, and you can always take it with a grain of salt.

Here is a video you can watch and see how Chinese thoughts are completely different than thoughts from other countries, it's just a culture difference and people needs to accept rather than change.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

P.S. I read the connection between Fan Bingbing and Yiren, and wtf lol. Fan Bingbing evaded taxes, that's fraud and a crime in every country. If someone evaded in the U.S. the IRS is gonna whip out the swat team and knock down their front doors, people will go to prision for many years. Fan bingbing was only under house arrest: https://www.hrblock.com/tax-ce…%20up%20to%20five%20years.

I don't know who wrote these tweets but I know there are teenagers or younger taking information at face value. As someone who does extensive research professionally, I find this disturbing. Misinformation can draw a lot of conflicts within society.

There is a group called TIP/ETIM, once was on U.S. terrorism list but Trump removed them. Tip operates in China Xinjiang region but has also committed terrorist acts in beijing.

Geographically China borders pakistan and afghanistan, a huge breeding ground for terrorism. Uighers are often lured by religious studies but eventually indoctrinated by extremist ideas.

China has 2 approaches, one avenue is reeducate the muslims and provide economic opportunities, the other is engage in war against these terrorist groups like the U.S. However, if you know China's foreign affair policies, they don't meddle in another countries internal affairs. So what they do is, they use the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) hubbed in Xinjiang to develop Xinjiang and underdeveloped countries and try to eliminate extremist ideologies through economic prosperity. Hence, why the U.S. doesn't like BRI, because it undermines U.S. influence in the region.

I was trying to find a raw footage of these attacks not affiliated with any media outlets on youtube but I think they have been deleted or harder to find. I know I watched a few a couple years ago.🤷

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here is another video.

What are you talking about lol. Did you not see the UN report I provided to you? Do you follow politics? There is a clear agenda.

Tell me why you think so far all the Muslim countries have supported the policies in Xinjiang? If these Muslim were going through a genocide, don't think these Muslim countries would condemn China?

These are the countries that support chinese policies in XInjiang:

Angola, Bahrain, Belarus, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, the Central African Republic, China, Comoros, Congo, Cuba, Dominica, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Gabon, Grenada, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Iran, Iraq, Kiribati, Laos, Madagascar, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Palestine, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, the UAE, Venezuela, Yemen, and Zimbabwe.

These are the countries that do not support:
    Albania, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Haiti, Honduras, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, the Marshall Islands, Monaco, Nauru, the Netherlands, New Zealand, North Macedonia, Norway, Palau, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States

^^^ Not a single muslim country beside Albania. How interesting...

Did you not read what I said... you clearly didn't do your fact checking...

"The Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) is a defence and strategic policy think tank based in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, founded by the Australian government and partly funded by the Australian Department of Defence."

"also funded by the Australian and foreign governments such as the United States State Department as well as by military contractors"

Copy and pasta from the internet.

Do you know why we never hear about the atrocities in the middle east? Cause they've all been silenced... There were cases of human right group with report on the wars in the middle east, and they were all sanctioned.

Uyghur vlogger, this video was filmed way before this cotton shenanigan happened. Use google translate if you can't read or understand chinese. The people picking cotton aren't even Uyghur but of other ethnicities.

This is disgusting. And with all these Chinese idols showing their stance I wouldn’t be surprised if western media picks this up. Also, I feel bad for the Muslim kpop fans who are seeing this everyday.

Here is my 2 cents:

Don't take information at face value. In fact, if you look at the UN addressing of Uyghurs in Xinjiang, no Muslim country opposed China's policies on XJ and only Western Countries and their allies were opposed.

Source: https://thediplomat.com/2020/1…policies/#:~:text=Heusgen's%20statement%20was%20made%20on,%2C%20the%20Marshall%20Islands%2C%20Monaco%2C

I believe the number of countries supporting Chinese policies has increased to 65. People don't realize but terrorism is a serious issue in China and has been for the past few decade and not until recently has it diminished. Extremism includes suppression of women and cleansing of sinners, in other words killing of innocent civilians.

Evidence of no forced labor:
    https://about.skechers.com/wp-…NT-UYGHURS-March-2021.pdf

https://www.reuters.com/articl…on-xinjiang-idUSKBN2BI1KH

It's important to do some fact checking.

Regardless, western countries give no crap about Muslim countries. We liberate these Islamic states and yet the only changes made in those countries are instability with millions of civilians displaced, breeding ground for ISIL and other extremist groups, and a change in government from one dictator anti-western country to another that is pro western countries: Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, etc. Our war in the middle east only further anger these terrorist groups, the only way to eliminate the ideology is through economic development for poverty alleviation and education.

You can take my fact checking with a grain of salt, your opinion belongs to you and mine belongs to myself. I just wish people don't take these media at face value and do your own research.

P.S. We do not live in 1700-1800s, we live in 2021, do you really think a country with high capacity production will really pick their cotton by hand? Machines pick hundreds of times faster. It's just simple logic.

Here is a great informative video on Xinjiang and Uyghurs by scholars and not politicians:

At least when it comes to music releases. Everglow debuted at the beginning of 2019. It's been two years and we have 14 songs. It's more than Blackpink had but at the same time, this music release rate isn't that great at all. Some groups that debuted over a year after them, such as Weeekly, will surpass this in LESS than a year after their debut. I don't get it. Everglow's company isn't broke but it seems like they're doing a similar scheme as the one that YG is known for with BP. I don't think the pandemic had too much of an effect on them because I was already seeing some signs of this behavior back in 2019 we waited half a year for their comeback. What do you guys think? Is Yuehua trying to pull a YG? Everglow doesn't have the huge fandom that BP does so this could be dangerous territory.

Always having a comeback isn't necessarily good unless the fan base is very big and/or loyal. Comebacks are very expensive and album burnouts plays a factor. Paced comebacks not only give the label the time to prepare a quality album but it also gives the company more time to coup it's profits as it will provide more finance for the next comeback. Furthermore, because of Covid, no tours, just selling albums, merch, having online concerts and meet & greets, and collecting music royalties and ad revenue is not enough for Everglow and their label to profit much, if any. Hence, pacing comebacks is a must. Just because their label is loaded with money doesn't always mean they will heavily spend, it's still a business and money is the driving factor.

so it would be eg :boredr:

I'm not sure if you watch the BTS of Everglow, they do mention Yena occasionally and she is in close contact with Everglow members. Yena like all the Everglow members can pull off both sexy, elegant, and cute concepts - listen to b-sides. From a management perspective, Yuehua's business model is very similar to Starships business model, and this is not a coincidence as they have a partnership. Promote them on a TV show then debut while the hype still lasts. In other words, Yena was meant to be on Everglow. Keep in mind, YH's CEO previously held an executive position at Pledis. Remember Afterschool? They had a few members joining and leaving, so Yuehua management has experience with this situation.

At least when it comes to music releases. Everglow debuted at the beginning of 2019. It's been two years and we have 14 songs. It's more than Blackpink had but at the same time, this music release rate isn't that great at all. Some groups that debuted over a year after them, such as Weeekly, will surpass this in LESS than a year after their debut. I don't get it. Everglow's company isn't broke but it seems like they're doing a similar scheme as the one that YG is known for with BP. I don't think the pandemic had too much of an effect on them because I was already seeing some signs of this behavior back in 2019 we waited half a year for their comeback. What do you guys think? Is Yuehua trying to pull a YG? Everglow doesn't have the huge fandom that BP does so this could be dangerous territory.

Everglow and Woodz share the same support team so their releases alternate. Within a year, it's probably really difficult for their team to release more albums than they do now. Hopefully, when Everglow gains more popularity and more loyal fans, they can comeback more often.

You just made an assumption. https://www.ushistory.org/civ/…%20the%20Middle%20Kingdom. Look at this article...

I sent you a list of APPs that are banned... A few of the are streaming APP which streams Chinese content. Like I said, that is a indirect ban on Chinese Content. For example, indians can't watch Chuang because it's only streamed on WeTV.

Also I'm not sure what you are trying to convey with your opium war statement. My original point was, the Chinese people suffered through the opium war. It's not about underestimating, it's about the Qing Emperor made opium illegal and the british/french fought to force trade opium. From a historical point of the view the only thing westerners have been good at is colonizing and imperialsm (which still exist today).

You should have learnt history as you had preached. China once did believe everyone else in the world was inferior to them and learnt it was not true in a cruel way through "Opium War". Also, a basic knowledge in Chinese will educate you why USA is beautiful, Germany is righteous and Thailand is peaceful in Chinese. It's transliteration.

Mobile application is cultural content?

The time when China named themselves, they were isolated. To the North are deserts, to the east and south are seas and ocean, and to the west is the Himalayas. It has nothing to do with superiority but rather geography.

You are correct, when China names anther country they usually use transliteration but the meaning of the countries when transliterated are always positive. It could've been defined in a negative way, which was my point.

I said indirect ban as many of the apps contain Chinese culture such as TV shows and music.

I'm not biting on what this sentence means: "learnt it was not true in a cruel way through 'Opium War'"

"How full of oneself to name one's country that way."

You shouldn't be subjective when debating. Otherwise your argument is less convincing.

In Chinese, America is called a Beautiful Country, I guess that also debunks your statement.

It's similar to how we call ourselves Americans even though we are not the only country in the Americas.

I'm fully aware of the quad, it's just another way to suppress China's rise. It's nothing typical, when an emerging power exist, it happens throughout history. Also, I was referring the height of the cold war where nuclear race was at it's highest from 1979 to 1985, because we were talking about the height the nuclear tension.

You are also wrong about India not banning Chinese content. Indirect ban of Chinese culture is present: https://timesofindia.indiatime…/articleshow/79389525.cms.

China surely was not a small insignificant nation during Cold War. It is a common knowledge in SEA that the communist militia in the region was armed with the Chinese support.

South Korean has NOT banned Chinese content. It's just the lack of demand. The prejudice is a whole another topic.

Stop the groundless accuse of the Korean restricting Chinese culture.

I think you missed the scope of my statement. The statement was regarding to the Korean War ERA, not the cold war ERA. Two different times, two different Chinas under two completely different leaders.

Also, I don't think VVisual meant banning even though it was stated but more emphasis on prejudice. The thing is, prejudice is prevalent among most Asian societies because of Race Superiority and cultural differences particularly ideology... Some Koreans think they are the best while on the other hand some Chinese think they're the most superior race (You see this quite often with Chinese people calling themselves the "Original Korean Overlords" while they think U.S. is the current). It's similar to how during the #CancelKorea movement, many Korean's stereotyped Filipinos on the internet call them short, dark, etc... Koreans restricting Chinese and their culture isn't groundless accusation, because it's exist and vice vera. The difference is, the Korean government isn't doing it but their citizens and entities. The reason why the government doesn't take action is because China's impact on Korea's economy is significant. If the Korean government takes measures on the Chinese government, Chinese government will for sure take reciprocal measures, and the effect will be magnitudes greater than Korea's restrictions on China and it'll be too much for Korea to bare (recall china's boycott of Korean travel because of THAAD, it hit Korea's tourist industry extremely hard particularly the working class). Furthermore, if you follow international politics, if the pandemic wasn't present, the Korean President planned on visiting China for bilateral talks to tighten the relationship.

North Korea effectively became closer to China because of Soviet Union's collapse. When Boris Yeltsin came into power after the establishment of the new Russian government, he supported South Korea over North Korea while China has continuously supported North Korea.

Although I didn't live through the 80s, I'm only 23, I've read a lot about the cold war. The nuclear threat still exist today, considering the fact more countries have nuclear weapons. Because of the NPT, an agreement where Russia and U.S. and many observers halted the development of Nuclear Arms and promoted Nuclear Energy, we do not see the same testing of nuclear weapons. However, just because the treaty exist, we shouldn't disregard the fact the nuclear tension doesn't. Just because no tests are exhibited doesn't mean we are free from a nuclear war. We live in a simulation era where scientist can predict the impact of the bomb without physically setting it off. I'm not sure if you have been aware of the hypersonic missile demonstration from Russia, those are meant for nuclear war heads, hence, the message has always been there but demonstrated in a differently. Russia, China, India, U.S. and other countries have been developing this technology for a while, because when it comes to nuclear warfare, the best offense is the best defense. Point is, the nuclear threat has always been there under our nose but it's hard for us to follow all the matters with technology advancing and normal citizens have so much more things to deal with these days.

When China first broke into two, mainland and Taiwan, Taiwan was economically and militarily stronger. That is why in their constitution, it claims mainland is under their sovereignty. Now that Mainland China is a superpower, at least economically, Taiwan doesn't have the capability and privilege to claim it anymore, they can only establish separation. The truth is, whoever is stronger, will always want unity.

Koreans clearly want unity, hence why we saw them as one entity in the 2018 Winter Olympics. The biggest problem with their unity is not only leadership but how to integrate North Koreans with the South Koreans without many socio-economic implications. It's pretty much near impossible for those two countries to unite without setting the South Koreans back. That is the reason why so many South Koreans are against it, but if that wasn't an issue, South Koreans wouldn't mind.

My main issue with a k-pop ban would be that the rationale is very arbitrary. It makes it seem like China was looking for an excuse to limit hallyu to develop local entertainment industries. This is well within the rights of China though.

I do take issue with things that the Chinese government says that are overly sensitive...it's not a good look. But I can also understand that the past, the "Century of Humiliation" in particular, would make any nation touchy.

China's been through many set backs, from the opium war to the Japanese invasion. It's similar to how black people went through slavery. You have to see it from their perspective rather than yours to get a sense of what they went through otherwise it's very easy to offend them. Another reason why the Chinese Government's say always seems overly sensitive has to do with your perception of China which is often times influenced by media. Most media outlets (Most Media outlet "claim they aren't affiliated with governments" but the reality is, most media outlets have politicians governing the entity, an example is FOX [Conservative, Republican], CNN [Democratic], the same problem exist on the international level All western media such as BBC, CBC, and DW are "Pro-U.S." while networks such as RT, CNA, and TRT are "Pro-China") which sides with the U.S. never says any positive about China and hence why your views of China isn't positive either. That's why it's very important to see it from all perspectives.

From my perspective, every country works in the favor of their own people first. That's why I'm not too critical when it comes to their actions. For example, people might not like the United States' Sanctions on other countries, it might not be the right avenue to take but we only did it for the sake of American interest or why North Korea will not ditch their nuclear bombs, it's because it's their only defense from U.S. invasion (Libya's Ghadafi, gave up their nuclear program and what happened? we still invaded them. Now that area has extreme instability is a huge breeding ground for ISIS and similar rebel groups).

We practically live in a cold war at this very moment. Things are not better...

Trade Wars, Sanctions, Proxy Wars in the Middle East, etc...

More countries have nuclear weapons than before and yet it's better? Infact, North Korea has intercontinental ballistic missiles that can reach the U.S. which they didn't have before.

What makes people think we are safer is our ability to access information now a days. However, the political atmosphere has not changed, there is a big divide again because there are two superpowers again, this time it's China and U.S.

Also your information is incorrect. Soviet Union and U.S. split Korea up. China at the time had little power or influence due to the economic crisis of the many wars China engaged in prior. China engaged in the war under the request of Soviet Union and NK. You also need to understand Macarthur engaged in bombing of Chinese villages along the North Korean Border, it's what triggered China to finally engage. China had warned the U.S. at multiple U.N. council meetings if they fought near the Chinese border, China would have to engage. Truman dismissed the warning because he was informed it was a bluff. Hence why General Macarthur was fired by Truman later on.

Also it's not survival, it's about unity. Both leaders at the time desired a unified Korea. NK at the time was more powerful than SK due to the extensive training provided by the Soviet Union. They also received more military equipments. Thus gave them the advantage to pull the trigger first. The very same problem exist today with China and Taiwan (both constitutions regard each other as theirs). Both countries want unity but the difference is under a different system and leader.

What I'm trying to convey is, we need to look at the perspectives from all side. Every side has their reason and every side has their media to influence history. History is heavily influenced by media, they are inseperable, because the winning side is always deemed as the heros. If Germany had won WW1, our history of WW1 would be significantly different than the history we have today. Same goes for Korea, if the U.S. fell rather than Soviet Union, the message would be alot different.

Let's not get too technical with the wording cause I'm not keen of it. My main point is, these countries established restrictions of other cultures to develop their own version.

This seems reasonable when your country splits and then gets invaded by 500K Chinese soldiers. Not just politics...a Cold War.

The war started with North Korea invading South Korea. China didn't invade but was requested to help the North Korean side. If you know Korean history, there was no "good side", both had a dictatorship except one was influenced by Soviet and China and the other was influenced by U.S.. if you heard of the Bodo League massacre, South Korea under the authority of the U.S. massacred 200,000 Koreans as they were suspected of helping the North Korean Communists. However, most of the suspicions were false.

Media plays a heavy role in narrating a story with an antagonist and a protagonist. To this day media is the least truth worthy source for news when it comes to politics.

Liang Sen, Chase Lee, and Liu Qi. When it comes to voting, don't have high expectations, it's always a popularity contest.

There are good trainees out their but they don't stand out. This season of Youth With You has been about uniqueness. The mentors this season have been consistent on conveying the message that there isn't one standard for idols but many. That said, were many good trainees that would definitely fit the Korean standards but that's not what these mentors are looking for.

Chinese entertainment is basicly rule by Chinese politics.

Right now China is trying to discredit SKorea, but at the same time they are greedy about the kpop culture, so Lisa got to get inside through that small window-"we want Kpop music success, but we don´t want Koreans". The perfect example , Lisa.

It's important to understand history so one can get the bigger picture. These survival shows although are licensed from Korea, the Korean survival shows are derived from Japan. Prior to Kpop's rise, Japanese entertainment was the driving force in Asia. Korea's government saw this as a threat to their own culture so they barred import of Japanese culture. Even til today, japanese words may not be streamed on Korean TV. Point is, it has nothing to do with discredit or greed but for their country to develop their own pop culture.

FYI, Politics rule all sovereignty not just China's.