Posts by hatemail

Why does every kpop group (girl or boy) has to have a rapper? And why does almost every song has to have rap part?
    Somethimes their style doesn't go with the hip-hop/rap style and it feels so forced and out of place. I think it would be better if some groups have people, that can rap a part if the song has rapping, but also can sing, at least sufficent to cover some easier parts when the song doesn't require rapping. Some songs are so good but then destroyed with rap parts, that they don't need.

Disclaimer: i do respect rappers and groups that are very rap or hip-hop based and centered or the gorup evolves around their rappers production(like Stray Kids, Ateez, BTS, G-idle,...). I just don't think every group should have a rapper or forced rap parts, if their songs are more vocal based.

this! sometimes a designated rapper or a rap part in general just isn't necessary

But Jimin has been the highest ranking male idol on Gallup for years, no? I would say he has the edge over V but all of them are super popular in Korea.

I wanted the list to be accurate to now and there wasn't a Gallup poll for individual celebrities for 2020 so I used other statistics I saw. Jimin being first wouldn't be surprising but I wanted to do it based on data.

I actually thought people would pick Lisa when I made it. I have seen a lot of people say that she has the biggest potential to be a worldwide celebrity which I agree with but most fans only predict for Jungkook to be the IT boy in Korea. I definitely could've worded the post better but I didn't want to sound biased so I just went for simple examples which lead to it being comparison based.

I don't think your intentions were bad, I just think that when it comes to armys and blinks in any thread that invites debate, conflict is unavoidable. I didn't bother to do an evaluation for Lisa's solo potential despite having nothing against her(liking her even) because as an army I knew it would come off as biased and just invite an argument.

So I've seen this being debated for years now and in my opinion the ranking has also changed throughout the years so I wanted to give my opinion on how bts popularity ranks globally as well as in Korea as we kick off 2021. This is based on all the end of year date that came out at the end of 2021. Feel free to disagree respectfully. If you're a Stan just coming to be offended then please don't interact.

Globally/overall

1. Jungkook

2.Taehyung

3. Jimin

Asia

1. Taehyung

2,.Jungkook

3. Jimin

korea

Taehyung

Jimin

Jungkook

America

1.Jungkook

2. jimin and Taehyung

When I say Asia I mainly mean Japan, China and Korea where I think Taehyung ranks first

Jungkook is first overall based on pretty much every global chart I've seen

Jimin is a solid third but is still leagues away in terms of popularity for anyone that comes after these three. I know a lot of people put Jimin at number 1 in Korea and I do think him and V are close there but I think Taehyung slightly edged him out in popularity there in 2020.

Though it's not the purpose of the thread I'd place Suga in 4th, Jin 5th, J-hope 6th and Rm 7th.

Jungkook has extremely good English pronunciation and has taken the initiative to sing in English quite often in covers and the like.. He's also the biggest Kpop artist globally at the moment and definitely the biggest in the West by every metric without any kind of solo promotion and very little social media use. I don't think Jungkook will pursue a solo career in the West, at least not yet, but if he ever does I think he could be extremely successful with proper label backing. A manager like Scooter Braun(though I hate his guts) would take him far along with armys and his solo stans. Jungkook would have to have an at least basic knowledge of the English language which can be learnt but for the most part the general public won't care how good his English is in conversation as long as it's good on songs which he's shown he's capable of.

You're also right about his image fitting Western taste. The tattoos, piercings, dark clothing and his general looks fall into the category of poc that the west begrudgingly accept as good-looking.

I really wish this thread had been more about discussing solo potential instead of a comparison thread. The most likely answer is obvious barring outside circumstances like a song going viral or a massive western feature ect. It just invited people to tear Lisa down.

explicit or sexual fan art is disgusting imo. It's fine to draw and take inspiration from your faves but when you sexualize them beyond what they've shown on stage or whatever, especially with shipping then it crosses a line. Fanfics of real people aren't great either but idols are less likely to come across fanfics or accidentally read them than they are to view inappropriate pictures.

yeah I kinda understand why he decides to do what he does but I can't bring myself to agree with him. I like Eren as a character but I'm not 100% on his actions.