Posts by Ves

So your not using any publicy know comments to make that statement but basically your imagination. Now ima go out on a limb and say you have an extremely negative view of mhj. So you dont see how thats problematic?

This is why I asked what you would say if these statements were coming from hybe I truly doubt you would have said bang pd and new jeans have an unhealthy co-dependence relationship filled with guilt.

My imagination? I do not have a link for the official translations of the radio interview, but I saw it being discussed on one of the Korean sites and I used google translate to read it. Definitely not Hybe, the comments were mostly on her side. For the televised press conference, they are from the translations I listed on the OP of this thread:

You can doubt me all you want, it makes no difference - my argument stands. I have been honest with you and if you don't believe me, then that's your right. There is a certain crowd that fall back to the Hybe stan accusations after an argument - so it's not as though I expected anything else, but I find it amusing.

We can disagree without me being a Hybe stan - consider that.

Where is mhj relying on new jeans members for break downs, what issues is she dropping on them? When did she go looking for them for support?

We only know the details that have been shared by MHJ. It still sets off alarm bells in some of us because of the details and lengths she goes into. We can agree to disagree though. I don't think there isn't anything we haven't covered.

Im not asking you to change my mind im asking you to explain yours. How does new jeans members crying becuase someone they are close to is going through a hard time mean the have a unhealthy co-dependence relationship filled with guilt.

I don't have an issue with the girls crying, I have an issue with how MHJ chooses to describe it. If she feels free to tell the public about these private moments, what is she telling the girls and their parents? How is she framing it? This relationship I alluded to earlier involved immense guilt - feeling like I had to be holding this person up above water. If I wasn't there when they needed me or if I said the wrong thing or reacted the wrong way... It's a lot of responsibility, one they should not have to shoulder.

Anyway, I explained myself already here:

To clarify, it's wouldn't be a problem for me if she just said she had the support of the members. But she instead feels the need to describe that in detail and the stuff she chooses to describe to the public is very emotionally fraught.

IMO, how a person chooses to use their words often matters just as much and sometimes more than what they actually say. We are at a disadvantage having to rely on translations and we all know how translators can twist words inadvertently or not. But she's obviously choosing to describe some very devastating moments and as I said before, to the public.

I don't think any of the members who called her crying thought those personal moments would be fodder for the whole nation. Of course, MHJ feels very exposed herself right now.

MHJ is doing her best to save her project and therefore NJ along. If she does doesn’t play her cards right everything could fall apart.

Obviosuly her choice of words is intentional. She wants people to understand how deeply they care for each other and how personal this project is for her. She's going all in for it.

I don't disagree with anything you've said, but I still find it alarming. Mind you, there was a lot of appalling stuff uncovered, but I think my personal experience caused this one in particular to raise red flags for me.

okay but I don't see how this proves mhj has a unhealthy co-dependence relationship filled with guilt with new jeans members.

This once again seems like you just don't like mhj showing how new jeans support her which is fair but far from what you originally quoted me with.

Which begs question would you still feel the same if bang pd came out and said new jeans members where devastated by mhj betrayal and called them crying asking if he's okay.

I'm not trying to change your mind - you asked and I answered honestly. If you just want to dismiss what I have to say because you feel I just don't like MHJ, that's your prerogative.

As to if the same happened with BPD and he went on talking about how they were crying to him, yes, it would be just as alarming to me.

People love to try to paint this HYBE STAN! or MHJ STAN! and the sad thing is, there are some like that out there. For these people, their chosen fighter is on the side of right and righteousness and the other must be 100% evil. It's not that black and white. There are huge red flags ON BOTH SIDES.

Why was it alarming exactly. She described how members were sad about what she was going through and offered her words of encouragement. That sounds completely normal to me. What exactly did you find off putting.

To clarify, it's wouldn't be a problem for me if she just said she had the support of the members. But she instead feels the need to describe that in detail and the stuff she chooses to describe to the public is very emotionally fraught.

IMO, how a person chooses to use their words often matters just as much and sometimes more than what they actually say. We are at a disadvantage having to rely on translations and we all know how translators can twist words inadvertently or not. But she's obviously choosing to describe some very devastating moments and as I said before, to the public.

I don't think any of the members who called her crying thought those personal moments would be fodder for the whole nation. Of course, MHJ feels very exposed herself right now.

Also do yall actually have a problem with mhj bringing up new jeans or do you have problem with them being brought with their support of mhj.

It hybe came out and said that new jeans were extremely hurt by mhj betrayl or that they were crying about what she tried to do would yall actually care at all.

Or do yall care because they support mhj while yall create theories on how evil and unhinged she is to the point where the only way someone could supprt her is by being manipulated.

I think it paints an unhealthy co-dependence and a relationship filled with guilt. Having been in a relationship like that once, it's not something I'd wish on anybody, especially minors.

Do not trust the translations posted on these randomly twitter accounts. A lot of them are being intentionally altered to create narratives.

I swear, we need some users in this thread who are actually fluent in Korea and ideally even live there.

Agree strongly here that translations need to be taken with a grain of salt and its been an issue forever. KPOP has the added complexity of not just linguistic differences - different idioms etc, but also cultural differences.

Still, I find her overall description of the relationship that she has with them distressing. To be fair, I'm hearing her describe it while she is in an emotionally fragile state, and things often get magnified then. However, I also didn't think it was necessary to brings up their names in public and how they are crying to her. Honestly reminded me of Chris Lee talking about Aespa crying.

correct me if i'm wrong, anyone please...but i thought if a person was enlsited they could not release anything or make money from any products. This was a discussion that i believe we had awhile ago on the forums. It was told that groups cannot release anything or make any kind of profit while they are enlisted...so how is he releasing a full album while he's in the military?

do i have this information wrong?

You can release pre-recorded content.

Here is another case where the Ministry of Defense responded:

YG and Department of Defense respond to claims G-Dragon's current art exhibit is against military rules
    G-Dragon has opened an exhibition prior to his October military enlistment.He opened his first exhibition 'Untitled 2017' in Taipei, Taiwan on August…
    www.allkpop.com

A good reminder! Although a little weird... We are allowed to speculate and theorize using our experience. That's what everyone is doing already. That's not giving out medical advice. There are pages of folks without a clinical background giving their opinions, so I think it's fine to be curious if others who do have a clinical background might have different takes.

I just want us to stay out of the territory of let's say, an actual diagnosis and it's a good disclaimer to have. But yes, speculation has run amok on this thread. I mean, I'm pretty sure some are convinced that the devil runs Hybe and vice versa. But as you are a clinician by your own admission, your words may hold more weight than others we assume to be run of the mill keyboard warriors.

I feel I very rarely see the serious side of you, but your analysis seems spot on to me. Nice job.