Posts by cherrylipsoul

I liked LOONA best, expectedly. I didn't find the core concept of dorky-girl-turns-sizzling-chic-girl to be mindblowing but the girls' personalities and charisma sold the performance for me. A fun performance that will be a gold mine for GIF Hunters and deservedly so :pepeflushed: They look amazing, especially Gowon, Heejin, Hyunjin (!!!) and Choerry plus always sign me up for a performance where I can see Lippie's awkward ass in these happy bashful party stages

Brave Girls was eh, it was there. I thought it fitted them quite nice and I enjoyed it more than Rollin but not something I'll be remembering months from now.

I'm genuinely confused with WJSN. They're one of the better performance-oriented groups in K-pop yet it feels like they've been overcooking their performances and sprinkling too much "grandeur" into their performances. I couldn't enjoy both stages, it felt like a disorienting mush of drops, power notes, and cutting break dances that end up feeling incohesive and jagged. Instead of this sound they've been using, I think it might do them good to roll back the years and do an ethereal or dreamy concept.

The Indonesian fans are absolutely living for their performance, especially Yujin. If we were to be detailed in scrutinizing, her ti sounded a lot like how foreigners usually pronounce it but overall, she was spot on and probably the best I've heard so far. Even emulated the way most Indonesian ballad singers sing.

From the main tracks, I enjoyed Together best but if I were to pit it against the best of DC's previous albums, I don't think it will hold out long. I wished it would've gone deeper in the chorus drop ;( I couldn't get into Locked Inside A Door for the time being, not too impressed by Starlight and I'm generally not a big fan of these mellow and slow songs (and this breed already has Polaris as their untoppable best for a foreseeable future)

Skit: The Seven Doors was amusing to listen to as well, I liked it and thought it served as a great barrier.

For the solos, a tiered cake with Playground, For and Entrancing as the layers and Cherry as the cherry on top :peperich:

I'm really glad that JiU who is my favorite in DC released my favorite solo with a very favorable name as well. It being about her dear Cherry made it the more sweeter. A lovely feel-good song to jig in your room to which I've admittedly done a few times ever since it dropped.

Playground and For are roughly on the same level for me. Yoo's vocals and its ability to better convey a vibe just placed it higher than Playground. Entrancing was surprisingly pleasant as well, a very winter-snow-path-with-a-black-backdrop song and I thought it was very Siyeon. Will be adding that to a playlist.

Winter felt too generic k-chill playlist for cafe studying for me and it's not the type I usually go for when I do look for that feeling but I did like her using Mandarin in the end. I don't particularly care for Beauty Full and No Dot.

Think both were okay, not really special. The Viviz performance lacked that punch that you seek in these performances and I felt like they didn't really manage to take up the whole stage, understandably. But that's where Hyolyn shined, her stage felt full from the get-go even if that whole tropical party schtick isn't my favorite.

What's bothering me gravely is the lack of atmosphere. I mean come on, you have Hyolyn doing a holistic legs and lungs workout yet the crowd is just a bunch of lightstick waving props. I didn't watch the full episode so I don't know how it is in the actual airing or if they posted a different version on YT but what a bummer, it made both performances feel more awkward than it needed to be. MNet should have hired those people who scream and bellow, I don't remember the original being this dead.

Expectedly, I ended up liking the song after the initial comeback hype subsided. I realized how Oh My Girl this song is and that chorus is something I'm totally digging. However, I still think that putting this as a title track was an odd move. I wonder if they noticed that with Dun Dun Dance they weren't able to replicate the success of Nonstop + Dolphin and seeing that Dolphin was the song that stuck with the GP more, they decided to promote a chill and easy song as the title track in hopes that with it given the title track treatment, it'll be more successful.

I agree with the other points too. Their hiatus periods were too extended and it's not like they went ham on the solo promos, they dialed down on them + Arin's MC gig ending. For the select few that were still expecting their comeback, hearing Real Love for the first time could've been a :huuh: moment after expecting a summer dance song and leaving unsatisfied. With weird songs, at least, you actually end up having more replay chances. Whilst fans eventually might warm up to the song, commercially, you don't get as much leeway. I'm pulling for a slow rise or something but :pepe-sad:

I beyond love that Goblin EP. Sulli's a fantastic artist. I adored everything from that album: the artistic concepts, the messaging to the ethereal and distinct feeling each track has. I love the imagery that those songs have and how meaningful they are. Glad that these days Sulli has been appreciated more as an artist and a human compared to how everything on her was about the obvious. Goblin EP is a legacy that I'm sure will forever live in the minds of people who cherished her work.

Don't be afraid of the cat without the fur 새하얀 살굿빛 just wanna tell you hi is one of the most beautiful lines in a K-pop song imo

Finished listening to all of the songs and I think in general this comeback is rather underwhelming especially compared to Dun Dun Dance which had solid tracks all around (My doll :peperich: ) Out of all the tracks, I think I'm going to side with YooA with Eden. Probably the only song I'll be listening to from the album. For a comeback that's taken this long, it really is disappointing. I really would trade this for a smaller release with better quality on any given day.

Hmm, judging it as a song on its own, I would say it's decent but as a title track, no. Anti-climactic and it felt like the song's interest peaked in the beginning, I found the bridge and final chorus too jarring compared to how idle the rest of the song is at first (especially when you consider that the girls like to sing their high notes live) It's what I would call a Spring Cleaning song that you put on Spotify as you sweep the room, something that's enough to be there but not something you would openly dance to as Dun Dun Dance did. That said, I can somewhat see it being a chill hit with its late spring-early summer vibes.

It'll grow me on me but definitely not my favorite Oh My Girl track. I liked what I heard from the snippets of b-sides though so I'll be looking forward to hearing them. And nice to see them paying homage to Nonstop and DDD in the MV with the two distinct styles.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And the girls are live! :lover1:

I guess a trademark of Billlie title tracks is that they completely throw you off-track when you listen for the first time with max volume. It kind of felt like I was being chased around a colorful and playful playground with voices singing at me as I frantically run around like a rabbit to the point I was physically relieved when the chorus come on, providing some sort of familiarity. I suppose that was their intention all along to make you feel like you've been dragged into a strange new world although I wouldn't say I enjoyed the feeling as much as the Ring x Ring confusion. Personally, not a fan of these chanty and shouty songs but the chorus does its job as a hook.

Blop for me so far

Just finished listening to the B-sides and none really grabbed my attention at first listen. Have to re-listen again but a sign ~ anonymous sounded cute and there's no doubt in my mind that one day they would perform believe as an encore song.

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

For all the meme rep Banana Allergy Monkey and that entire sub-unit gets, this song's lyrics aren't just about wanting a banana peel or three idols scratching their butts on stage.

External Content www.youtube.com

I don't know if this occurs to many of you lot but I find that some people both online and in real life gives me a sense of nostalgia whenever I read something they post or irl their face. Like you get what I mean? I don't personally know these people at all but they feel very nostalgic for some reason maybe there's a hint of familiarity with something/someone I'm accustomed to which led to the sense of nostalgia, maybe it's their sentimental way of expressing themselves but like you know? 849207869806215188.webp?size=96&quality=lossless

Those 5 boys are like a Fruit Basket, collecting every fruit they can find and trapping into their basket of antics ranging from Ginseng tiktoks to driving a car off a cliff. If you're quite active on K-pop community Discord, you might have noticed the phenomenon of the abundance of "he/him, 16, carrd link with a loving soobinnie ♡ as their server name" in servers. I don't know exactly why this is such a thing but I think that owing this to TXT's flower boyish which later evolving into emo heartbroken boyish that sticks out among the frat, hip-thrust yuh get this D majority of the boy group scene is quite trendy among adolescent boys who 3 out of 5 is most probably running away from something in their real life and they saw sanctuary/familiarity in TXT especially in this time of age, I mean ffs Beomgyu was a literal Twitch streamer in Loser Lover.

During Lovesong, it was like a plague that attacked the nation: Wolf cut Beomgyu profile picture. Oh my god, it was a like personal game of mine to see the member list in servers and the feeling of exultation whenever I clicked on a Beomgyu profile user and saw a he/him in their bio. At his peak, Lovesong/Loser Lover Beomgyu was like the staple anime boy profile picture of K-pop, he was the Kaneki Ken of K-pop. On the other hand, you also had these people freak out over that viral Yeonjun Tiktok or Soobin in an office suit.

Sure, most boy groups have their fair share of adolescent male fans but TXT was collecting them left, right, up and down (myself included, naturally).
    "You know what I'm saying?"
    pasted-from-clipboard.png

I wonder which other groups are such a magnet to other niche groups. LOONA and Dreamcatcher seem to attract their fair share of fans who are more than willing to hey mama-ify them.

I'm physically aching just by looking at the moves in Rumor omg 894091308573007892.gif?size=96&quality=lossless
    Do love me! is a cute song though and Nako looks good in the center

Although IZ*ONE's sound might not have been for everyone, their signature sound in tracks such as Fiesta, Panorama and D-D-Dance was something I enjoyed hearing and I missed getting a new sparkly song every few months for me to obsess over for a week when they disbanded. :pepe-sad:

So I was glad that the IZ*ONE girls have inherited traits from the now extinct group into their respective debuts and so far, I've enjoyed all of their debuts.

We all know of IVE's (Wonyoung and Yujin) commercial success and it would be silly not to attribute some of that success to Eleven being a solid debut with a sound that have not been beat up to death.

And then there's Yuri who debuted solo with a elegantly playful GLASSY coupled with Express Moon as a B-side.

There's also Miss Eunbi armed with her EP: Open. While I would say that not all of the songs in her EP was a direct hit for me, Door (TT) and Blue Eyes made for pretty enjoyable listens with their slightly more mature elegant sound.

Last but not least (so far), the local duck whose debut is my favorite of the lot so far. Her ˣ‿ˣ (SMiLEY) EP screamed
    to me and I enjoyed all of the tracks in the EP. It was amusing to watch Yena pull off such a concept so naturally and in her element too. Smiley is a pretty solid title track but my favorites lie in Lxxk 2 U and Pretty Boys, two tracks I have been looping the past two days. Lxxk 2 U with its band/pop rock influence gave the EP a lively twist while Pretty Boys is just :pepemusic: , slightly reminding me of Marina for some reason.

Looking forward to more great releases from the IZ*ONE girls :danceb: