Posts by cherrylipsoul

Honestly, Seulgi takes the cake for me. If you've spent your fair share of time prowling aimlessly around Pinterest or Tumblr, you must've stumbled upon the glory that is Seulgi pictures. Holy shit, this woman really knows how to take pictures. What a looker she is. I don't normally follow idols on Instagram so it's a personal testament to how much I adore her self-expression. I mean literally just take a look at her rather LQ and BnW photos on Pinterest, oh my god :pepe-sad:From her edgy night-centric slightly LQ photos to those taken with an effect that gives it a nostalgic vintage feel to her sharp BnW pics to the ones that radiate vibrancy. (Of course, editing by fans or staff helps but I don't think such aesthetic would work on just anyone) There were so many one of them that they warranted a folder of their own. I would post pictures here but I can't pick what I should put for the life of me :pepe-comfy:

https://www.instagram.com/hi_sseulgi/?hl=en

Humans really do love destroying and putting other things down, poor cherries getting their brand reputation marred because of this absolute bozo of a product:

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Introducing Marasch*no Cherries, commonly caught red-handed being an invasive species to a perfectly fine milkshake.

These unholy bastardized fruit-like products have had their fruity identity stripped off of them by the anthropogenic urge to treat such delightful cherries with a hideous chemical process that results in a botched item that tastes like wax, laboratories and medicine with every beneficial qualities possessed by the cherries being swapped for sugar, more sugar and even more sugar. Totally won't be surprised if this thing makes it into the cast of food villains because just wtf, what a horrid bullying to the gustatory system. I will be asking my past self to apologize to my current self for planting a notion that cherries are garbage because unfortunately, cherries have been mostly represented by atrocities in consumable form while the actual good ones are just waiting for their brine solution doom.

Just a rant because of a very ill-fated encounter with these cunts a few minutes ago that has been torturing my taste buds.

When I got into kpop, Gashina was all the rave, BTS released DNA, and Blackpink was an active group.

oh how things have changed...

This was everywhere in 2018 :pepe-life-support:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

me who stanned a 3rd gen group in '19 seeing this : :pepestare:

Like you've said, I think that 2019 was the last year where 3rd gen groupies in general still held a stronghold on top. From late 2019 on, the 4th gen started to claw their way in and non-Big 3 groups got sidelined. Of course, the bigger acts would still persist and some would enjoy resurgences like Oh My Girl but most of the smaller to medium ones have been knocked off the edge by newer 4th gen groupies.

Yeah, I admit that in terms of end of year performances, the 4th gen has impressed me less than the 2nd and 3rd Gen. I feel like with the 4th Gen there's been a leave-nothing-to-chance attitude generally while the 3rd gen had a less refined nonchalant attitude imo which leaves a bit of a perfected feel to most things that the 4th gen.

I tripped into the K-pop rabbit hole in late 2018, right around IZ*ONE's debut and fortunately or unfortunately, I'm still very much stuck in the hole. Lots of people would agree with the statement that 2018 was 3rd Gen's general peak, churning out a number of would-be 3rd Gen classics that's been generously summarized in this video:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

2019 marked the emergence of 4th Gen frontrunners such as TXT and ITZY (While typing this, I was reminded of the amazing times when debunking the Beomgyu-Ryujin ship with reasons being one's a twink and one's a hey mama being all there was in life). Unfortunately, you can also say that this year was also the 3rd Gen's general last hurrah with 2020 setting the rise of the 4th Gen in stone although the bigger acts have remained well-established to this day and you can see some of the older acts persisting such as in Brave Girls's Indian summer in 2021.

I also noticed that in general I've been liking the newer trends that the 4th Gen brought be it in the musical quality or concepts. Back in 2018, comparing idol's skills was PEAKING with every viral K-tube videos hinting at the supremacy of an idol's popping skills to a rivaling idol's (unfortunately, this meant that novices were also taking a go at this trend which meant murky waters and the most horrid of fanwars) and even in this forum, there was always a "Wendy vs. Solar: BETTER VOCALIST?" waiting to be the witness of complete noobs regurgitating something a pRoFeSsIoNaL vocalist on YouTube said. Regardless, a part of me is glad that that tradition seems to have slid down the ranking of importance in K-pop fans.

Another part of me, however, misses the more "friendly" feel that 3rd Gen K-pop at its best provided. Most of the current 4th Gen seems to be more industrial concept perfection than its predecessors and while my current self does prefer that, the 2018 me that I have since archived would gladly drop to the floor for a good round of What is Love - DTNA - Yes or Yes.

Anyways, don't mind me, I'm just nostalgic at the feeling of pure elation when oh my mistake came on :peperain:

I'm not sure what qualifies as experimental but to fresh K-pop listener me back in 2019, this was probably the first song that wowed me even though I thought it was quite bizarre compared to your other K-pop releases during that time to the point where I looped it the entire day it came out. Early 2019 was also the time when I was shamelessly forwarding every single K-pop song I found to people I know and they happened to really like the song too even though it felt weird to them as well. If memory serves me well, there was also a decent number of people who regarded this song highly back then.

Not really unpopular but

Idols are encouraged to do sensual stuff because the companies know their fans horny with a high lust ceiling and the 18+ K-pop market is huge because wtf why are they moaning, nape kissing, butt bongo, rubbing thighs and making the most suggestive of faces in front of thousands of people :pepe-back-away:

I was once the unfortunate witness of a hit tweet with the content being an idol sitting in a very well let's say submissive posture titled "x idol being a little slut" and pictures of idols panting edited with willy cream. Like no way you're shoving your face into the camera, panting in that manner without knowing what you're getting yourself into.

what the fuck is wrong with you

Mixing them with water gives you both a black porridge and a cookie-infused water, this without losing any of the Oreo's characteristic flavor that you will lose when you mix it with m*lk. I also like to think that by doing so I'm neutralizing the dross sweetness from the hellish surefire ticket to getting diabetes that is the Cream which makes me feel like a health-conscious person :yesr: (Keyword is like to think)

All of my camping experiences have been horrid. It combines two unfavorable conditions: abhorrent humid heat and nasty itchy feelings which then aggravates the effects of the other. :pepe-sad: Maybe if the camping destination was somewhere cooler, the idea might entice me more but in my current circumstances, don't think we'd make a good pair :peperun:

External Content open.spotify.com

External Content open.spotify.com

:pepecute:

Ah, I love that first song :pepelove1: And songs like the second one never fail to make you feel vulnerable and raw 864865990612090890.png?size=28

Wow, everything about this was really really good :peperain: The song itself, the band setting and the ambient blue background that made me feel like drowning in the song. Straight to the playlists TT