Posts by Neurotic02

Sure, Hybe only manage the subsidiaries. Including changing Pledis CEO to ex-bighit. And kicking Pledis VP to Hybe Japan. Hence there’s nolonger any OG Pledis management in Pledis itself. Sure, they definitely don’t have aby involvement such as the change of Caratbong color or Seventeen content opening

pasted-from-clipboard.jpeg

pasted-from-clipboard.png

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Tbh, i was an avid album buyers since 2018 for Seventeen. I bought all their versions just because THEIR ALBUMS WERE SO GOOD!! It was worth it with cute inclusions

But after the acquisition the design started to look sloppy and messy. They knew Seventeen would still sell so they put some formality

I bought all their albums until Henggarae. An Ode was their last album before acquisition and Henggarae their first after acquisition. It was a HUGE downgrade. Design and inclusion wise

Then I stopped buying altogether. you can see their design become more horrendous and lazy as time passes

Well I personally haven’t seen anyone making this topic. But next week gonna be interesting

Zico & Jennie with godly digital

IVE with good balance of digital + sales

Seventeen with decent digital + crazy sales + fandom power

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

With the recent allegations one might suspect the chaos of Seventeen’s first day sales is a sabotage

For a back story: Seventeen’s last 2 albums have 3M first day sales, consecutively.

FML ㅡ 3,998,373

SEVENTEENTH HEAVEN ㅡ 3,288,017

17 IS RIGHT HERE ㅡ 2,260,906 🆕️

But somehow the new album has been understocked in a lot of stores without additional information. They also just started to actually ship it in the evening (around 7 PM)

Sure this is a special album, mostly old songs and have 2x price of the regular albums. But with 2 prev albums reaching 3M it doesnt make any sense if they did not expect this

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

And now it seems impossible for Seventeen to break their own FML record purely just because they are not allowed to (even FML also undersctoks and many carats got it after months hence the 1st week is around 4M but now it’s 6M)

It seems charting well?

External Content x.com

And that’s actually how seventeen has been charting

I like Maestro, it has some of the power of the 4th generation.

But due to the fact that the boy group sells 80% of their albums on the first day of sales and SEVENTEEN has only sold 2.2 million, they will not be able to achieve their success last year with FML. FML has sold almost 6.4 million copies, with 17 Is Right Here they will only do half that.

All the incidents surrounding HYBE and their sub label also seem to have a negative impact on SEVENTEEN.

More like this is a repackaged album/special album. Consisting mostly their old title tracks and cost almost 2x higher. Considering the expensive price I’d say them hitting 2M is a big achievement

Not to mention they can easily get 3M - 4M first day sales if only stores have the stocks. Seems like Hybe/Pledis didn’t stock enough that ppl lining up for hours before they can buy it at 19.00

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

Dang Seventeen has 13 songs on melon top 100 rn. It’s only after stanning rookie TWS that I truly realize Seventeen is such a monster

External Content x.com

TWS Plot Twist is now the Boygroup debut song with most weeks on MelOn Top 10 history

#1 TWS - Plot Twist (10 weeks)

#2 WINNER - Empty (7 weeks)

#2 Wanna One - Energetic (7 weeks)

#3 iKON - MY TYPE (6 weeks)

*Currently Plot Twist has maintained Top 3 on weekly charts for 9 weeks

Considering they still at top 3 on all charts, it’ll take them a while to exit top 10. Kinda curious how their year end performance gonna be. Pledis better not ruining them

External Content x.com

Oh wow, Seventeen’s digital has always good for bg and decent overall. But seems like they really own 2023. It’ll be interesting how this April gonna unfolds

External Content x.com

I’ve seen an interview by koreans that say every koreans know Plot Twist atp from the babies to elders and the fact that her grandma also knows it

While international fans keep questioning their validity and screams payola. TWS keep making artists sing to Plot Twist in their fan event

Plot Twist a mandatory fan meeting song atp

External Content x.com

I was kinda waiting for their debut but at the first listen to the song and mv I knew that they won’t “click” with the audience. The song was mid, it’s kinda hesitating between cute lyrics and noise music (?), the mv also isn’t memorable enough

The closest concept that seem similar to them maybe BND imo. But BND execute it better (I dont stan bnd and this is just my personal opinion)

But I think mainly it’s about the song choice cuz afterall if ppl tune in for an artist they will also tune in for their songs

Wow magnetic is quite scary considering it’s the youngest one in the list. And the fact that it’s surpassing BYG which itself super viral in SK

It’s crazy that we witnessed 4 songs getting RAKS/PAKS before plot twist. :pepe-sad:

Plot twist was able to outlast IU and BIBI. I won’t be surprised if it outlasts Fate/Magnetic. It’s longevity is insane

External Content x.com

I really hope they at least get a couple hours of RAK cuz they deserved it so much. It’s crazy that everyone has gotten to taste RAK but not them with insane longevity. It’d only be harder for late of april and may but who knows

The last two days Magnetic basically has had the exact same amount of uls as Fate had a week ago. If it's the same case tomorrow then it will peak around 385k uls. Would then finally have reached the point that several songs have been able to come close to matching Love Wins All's peak uls. As already pointed out by others Magnetic should still have 1 or 2 weeks left of week to week uls gains, so 400k uls next week should be possible, though it might also plateau a bit ealier than expected as has happened to several other hit songs this year.

Love Wins All in the meantime reached 1 on Melon's yearly cumulative uls chart. The closest competitor for it right now is Plot Twist. Plot Twist's stability still very strong. Since it reached above 300k uls 6 weeks ago, it has gone down by only about 10k uls. About a 2.7m uls gap between Plot Twist and LWA on the yearly chart, and the daily gap is around 50-60k uls. With the current difference it would then take about 50 days for Plot Twist to catch up, but of course the gap likely won't stay that big for that long. Don't know if anyone here knows this, but which idol boygroups have ever managed to top Melon's year-end chart?

TWS’ Plot Twist stability is scary. They have the advantage of tracking from January and consistently sit at top 3 on all kchart for MONTHS now, outlasting songs with RAK and PAK. I would say even it’s bigger than TWS itself

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

Not related but how do you say the fandoms name? And what actually the meaning behind it? Thanks in advance :thumbup:

TWS fandom name is 42 in korean so basically

“Sa-i”/Sai

It sounds kinda funny for international fans but in korean it made so much sense. It can be mean between, relationship, time, connection

And TWS is basically 24/7 With Us so 24 -> 42

External Content x.com

Btw “sai” or relationship also appears on Plot Twist and other bside songs

External Content x.com