Posts by Neurotic02

They debuted after the acquisition, so how they're different. One of the members was even an ex-Bighit trainee. This group didn't have the same contract as Svt to have more freedom from Hybe management.

Come on, even their korean fans complaining about this. I always check Korean forums, and it's too quiet for a group with hit song like them in Korea. Riize hot posts now is not even about their controversies, but their visuals, their members to even the smallest activities they're doing. And you're putting too much hope in Pledis, the same company that has ruined almost all groups under them despite those groups huge potential. Svt is the exception bc the members were doing almost everything by themselves back then.

Exactly. I agree with everything and that’s my reason

Your title is :

Hybe groups always have a good beginning, but the company doesn't know how to sustain the hype for a long time

But TWS by no way got the same treatment of promotion like other hybe rookies or even bgs. They didn’t go to korean shows excep what? Mmtg and odg? Unlike bnd and illit who’s literally everywhere. And how could you measure tws with riize’s popularity when riize debuted last year and had several comebacks already to build their fandom

Tws just debuted this January with barely and almost no promotion despite their song becoming a national hit. I think for now tws is like a new gg where gp knows the song more than the artists hence this statement proves nothing. They can have a hit song but their fanbase still not that big yet

Where has the hype for Tws gone when their debut song did so well?

and since tws is under pledis (unlike some other subsidiaries), hybe surely wont put their utmost resources and effort to promote them

Where has the hype for Tws gone when their debut song did so well?

Well for TWS (and Pledis groups) you cannot really put them in the same basket as Hybe groups. Why? Because they are too Pledis to be Hybe

They debuted the same way like Seventeen. Bubbly, fresh, cute concept that the koreans will eat up. But I do believe Pledis didn’t expect it to be THAT huge. So they took things slowly to build their stable fandom and career (which I personally prefer rather than magnetic type of fame)

Then “where did the hype go?” TWS is mainly popular in SK rn. Surely you wont see English speaking stans talking about them that much esp in akp. Not to mention Riize’s hot topics sometimes related to scandals like sungchan and sohee, etc etc

Looks fire 🔥

To think we will get another mv for Spell (performance unit) and Cheers to Youth (Vocal Unit)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I was wondering how jennie and zico didn't get the #1 on circle this week. Seventeen blocked them

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com

If im not mistaken, 31M is the highest circle weekly digital point this year. Cmiiw

Bibi Bam Yang Gang peak at 28M

illit magnetic at 26M

Gidle Fate at 24M

IU Love Wins All at 23M

pasted-from-clipboard.png

External Content x.com

Sure, Hybe only manage the subsidiaries. Including changing Pledis CEO to ex-bighit. And kicking Pledis VP to Hybe Japan. Hence there’s nolonger any OG Pledis management in Pledis itself. Sure, they definitely don’t have aby involvement such as the change of Caratbong color or Seventeen content opening

pasted-from-clipboard.jpeg

Tbh, i was an avid album buyers since 2018 for Seventeen. I bought all their versions just because THEIR ALBUMS WERE SO GOOD!! It was worth it with cute inclusions

But after the acquisition the design started to look sloppy and messy. They knew Seventeen would still sell so they put some formality

I bought all their albums until Henggarae. An Ode was their last album before acquisition and Henggarae their first after acquisition. It was a HUGE downgrade. Design and inclusion wise

Then I stopped buying altogether. you can see their design become more horrendous and lazy as time passes

Well I personally haven’t seen anyone making this topic. But next week gonna be interesting

Zico & Jennie with godly digital

IVE with good balance of digital + sales

Seventeen with decent digital + crazy sales + fandom power

With the recent allegations one might suspect the chaos of Seventeen’s first day sales is a sabotage

For a back story: Seventeen’s last 2 albums have 3M first day sales, consecutively.

FML ㅡ 3,998,373

SEVENTEENTH HEAVEN ㅡ 3,288,017

17 IS RIGHT HERE ㅡ 2,260,906 🆕️

But somehow the new album has been understocked in a lot of stores without additional information. They also just started to actually ship it in the evening (around 7 PM)

Sure this is a special album, mostly old songs and have 2x price of the regular albums. But with 2 prev albums reaching 3M it doesnt make any sense if they did not expect this

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

And now it seems impossible for Seventeen to break their own FML record purely just because they are not allowed to (even FML also undersctoks and many carats got it after months hence the 1st week is around 4M but now it’s 6M)

It seems charting well?

External Content x.com

And that’s actually how seventeen has been charting

I like Maestro, it has some of the power of the 4th generation.

But due to the fact that the boy group sells 80% of their albums on the first day of sales and SEVENTEEN has only sold 2.2 million, they will not be able to achieve their success last year with FML. FML has sold almost 6.4 million copies, with 17 Is Right Here they will only do half that.

All the incidents surrounding HYBE and their sub label also seem to have a negative impact on SEVENTEEN.

More like this is a repackaged album/special album. Consisting mostly their old title tracks and cost almost 2x higher. Considering the expensive price I’d say them hitting 2M is a big achievement

Not to mention they can easily get 3M - 4M first day sales if only stores have the stocks. Seems like Hybe/Pledis didn’t stock enough that ppl lining up for hours before they can buy it at 19.00

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

Dang Seventeen has 13 songs on melon top 100 rn. It’s only after stanning rookie TWS that I truly realize Seventeen is such a monster

External Content x.com

TWS Plot Twist is now the Boygroup debut song with most weeks on MelOn Top 10 history

#1 TWS - Plot Twist (10 weeks)

#2 WINNER - Empty (7 weeks)

#2 Wanna One - Energetic (7 weeks)

#3 iKON - MY TYPE (6 weeks)

*Currently Plot Twist has maintained Top 3 on weekly charts for 9 weeks

Considering they still at top 3 on all charts, it’ll take them a while to exit top 10. Kinda curious how their year end performance gonna be. Pledis better not ruining them

External Content x.com