Anyone knows what kind of show is Yoo Quiz On The Block?

• I want to be excited for it since BTS are finally guesting on a variety show again :pepe-hype: but I have never watched it before so I don't know what kind of a show it is :teeheek:

It is a TvN variety show where YJS and JSeho walk around the streets and find random people to play a very short quiz to win money. They usually do a little small talk first, then ask if the person wants to play the quiz. It is really about YJS and his chemistry with normal people on the street.

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It is a TvN variety show where YJS and JSeho walk around the streets and find random people to play a very short quiz to win money. They usually do a little small talk first, then ask if the person wants to play the quiz. It is really about YJS and his chemistry with normal people on the street.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So how BTS will fit there? I wonder if they will go around with Yoo Jaesuk on the street :whatr: Anyways, still excited :dancer:

• Same here, I was hoping for them to guest on shows like Running Man and Knowing Bros first :sweatr:

BTS was on Knowing Bros in 2017. Episode 94, it’s on Netflix.

• BTS was also briefly on Running Man in an iconic competition with the cast.

• Who is Seho?

Anyway I'd never heard of this show before so I'll check it out. Add me to the bunch who wanted Knowing Bros though, I love that cast

He was rude to Jungkook in the first ep of Flower Crew. Here you can read more, Seo Janghoon was also rude to Jungkook in the same show https://www.allkpop.com/articl…-jungkook-and-kim-min-suk

Yup, Knowing Bros is a popular show internationally as well so I was expecting that.

• He was rude to Jungkook in the first ep of Flower Crew. Here you can read more, Seo Janghoon was also rude to Jungkook in the same show https://www.allkpop.com/articl…-jungkook-and-kim-min-suk

Yup, Knowing Bros is a popular show internationally as well so I was expecting that.

Oh yikes that guy. I know him just didn't know his name

• pearl-i

Changed the title of the thread from “Anyone knows what kind of show is You Quiz On The Block?” to “Anyone knows what kind of show is Yoo Quiz On The Block?”.
  • Really? BTS is going on quiz on the block?

One of my favorite shows, maybe this can make it get some active subbers again as only the first season have ever been subbed.

Yup, just saw Seho is a host of it along with Yoo Jaesuk so this is not gonna sit well with some Armys, I don't like Seho at all as well, we'll see:pepe-popcorn:

I've seen the episode, before even knowing who jungkook was, and while it was a bit rude at the moment i think it is a bit overblown in the end on not really untypical for korean variety, and i doubt there's any hard feeling considering they decided the appear on it when he is the co-host, as well as doing knowing brothers after that episode, where Seo Janghoon is one of the hosts.

I think Seho has improved quite abit in the last years as well, probably because of the influence of Jaesuk.

• Can you tell me who have guested on it? I'm thinking of giving few eps a try so that I don't feel lost when BTS' ep comes out. Can't find guest list anywhere sadly.

Honestly, I never watched Flower Crew, only saw the clippings and I did find it really mean but you are right, sometimes we focus too much on few mins that we overlook the rest of the ep which had nothing controversial. I do watch Radio Star often and sometimes it get dragged for 2 mins clippings as well.

Park Myungsoo and Seho's comedy/variety style doesn't look interesting to me (I have watched them in Happy Together), same goes for Seo Janghoon but since I'm watching Janghoon regularly on Knowing Bros so I got used to him.

It's good if he improved, I don't remember when i watched anything of his last.

• Well the show started out with Jaesuk and seho walking around on the streets, finding random normal people to interview and ask questions about their life, anyone between age 5 and 100 basically, at the end they would quizz them with three questions and if they answered all correctly they would win some money.

After the subs stopped i havent watched it much, but when corona hit they had to adapt the format of the show, started doing remote interviews with doctors and nurses during the crisis for example, and also started doing interviews with celebrities in some episodes.

Jaesuk's name and the format mean they can get draw some really big names that normally don't appear much on tv, like Goong Yoo a few months back, which is probably a good watch if you wanna get a feel for how the interviews are done with celebrites

Gong Yoo talks about Lee Dong Wook as a real fox!! 🤣 - YouTube

I think its become a type of show thats been missing from korean tv, a bit more deeper/personal interviews that are more focused, instead of the normal on the surface fluff that has been/is the norm in korean variety shows. So BTS going there is very fitting i think.

Edited 2 times, last by Kreatin ().

• I don't like the show but it's pretty popular among all generations.

Mostly they invite regular persons to talk about their life. What's their profession, how could they be successful. Then give them some quiz, if they win they receive 1000 dollar.

• I watched it while it was still being subbed and before corona. It was entertaining for me in a mild way. Having guests is a bit weird for the original concept of the show which was just interacting with every day people and play quiz games for cash prize. Is BTS a guest in this show? It seems odd and intriguing at the same time.

• I’ve only seen the first season also. I didn’t even realize that it was still going, until the news with BTS was announced. I also didn’t know that the format had changed. I guess it will be more of an interview type show with BTS, which would make more sense.

Here is an example with the writer of True Beauty.

External Content youtu.be

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!