When you switch jobs what's the standard hike?

• Yes..plus 5 day work week compared to a previous 6 day work week...

What should the salary hike ideally be?

Id say 25-50 is a good spot to aim for

Unless you became really expert at sth that is high in demand then Ill go for 100

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• For 10 months experience? Maybe 4-5%

Though that will change depending on the career field. But, in general, 10 months is not a lot when thinking about an entire career.

The reason I put it in that range, is that's the standard yearly increase I get at my job (based on merit and cost of living)

There's also not many standards for this. It's about knowing what your skills are worth and knowing how to negotiate for the salary.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• If the offer letter has rolled out within the past 12 hours is it too late to negotiate?

hmm

See I ask their range even before I interview bc I dont wanna waste my time

but no its not too late

at worst they will say thats the best they can offer in terms of salary

but you should also consider your work hours, if you are working less hours with the same pay, its still a raise

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The offer letter typical comes before you negotiate. You have the offer so now is the time to counter. I’ve never accepted a first offer. Every position has a budgeted maximum an often times the range is larger than you would think. There are just so many variables that come into play to determine what your counter offer should be.- experience, salary history, position you are applying for, salary benchmarking (what is the market rate for the position and what are the competitors paying).

Thank you so much! I honestly started off with an outrageous 100% they started with a 40% I negotiated upto 50% and when my company decided to match the offer they offered a 67.5% hike. My boss had me thinking I wasn't even worth the peanuts I got so this bidding war had me surprised tbh. Thank you so much for your help.

Desbundar

• This ^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!