Does NHIC's response change things for Jimin's medical premiums?

• Article: https://entertain.naver.com/ra…ad?oid=382&aid=0000975627

Source: Sports DongA

New reports are raising suspicions over Big Hit's "timeline" of events.

BTS Jimin had his officetel confiscated in January due to non-payment of insurance premiums. On January 30th, news he had tested positive for corona and was rushed to the hospital for an emergency appendectomy came out and foreclosure was canceled on April 22 after full payment of his arrears.

On the 24th, the National Health Insurance (NHIC) explained to Sports DongA, "Generally, if you visit the hospital while delinquent on your premiums, you will be notified."

As a result, Big Hit's statement is coming under suspicion since Jimin had an emergency appendectomy and would've received notification from the NHIC at the time that he was in arrears. Or did Big Hit pay for his surgery and other expenses using the corporate card?

When asked "whether it takes 3 months for the foreclosure to be canceled," the NHIC stated, "If you pay in installments, it may take 3 months but usually it takes 1-2 days to process." However, Big Hit stated, "As soon as we confirmed delinquency, we paid the full amount in arrears and this case is now closed." Such wording alludes that Big Hit didn't make installment payments therefore it's questionable why Jimin was in arrears for 3 months after his officetel was seized.

The NHIC further explained, "We also sent text messages to Jimin in addition to the regular mail."

The core of Jimin's controversy is the fact that he's a high income earner but he neglected his duties for several months. Big Hit is claiming its "their negligence" however its looking like they decided to "take the fall" to protect their artist while Jimin himself has yet to come forward to clarify the reports.

Currently, BTS is requesting special exemptions from military service, one the many duties of a citizen. Big Hit and those that favor BTS "preferential treatments" claim they deserve it because of the group's economic value, however, before asking for preferential treatment, shouldn't the company and the artist be vigilant about their trivial duties and thoroughly clarify them?

Meanwhile, Big Hit and Jimin's vague clarifications are causing further controversy.

--------------------

So...we know NHIC didn't just send mail to BTS like BigHit was claiming, personally IMO I doubt he was evading taxes (that would be stupid AF) but some sort of mismanagement of his personal finances/accountant problems. Bad timing though - antis are all over it on Kforums.

*** EDIT THIS IS NOT TAXES it is medical premiums -- re-edited title. ****

• Best Answer

Honestly this is Hybe's (or whatever company manages his finances) fault and not his. Most celebrities don't pay their own bills and instead rely on an accountant or company to do it for them. They should be on top of these things because it's literally part of their job.

People rake celebs over the coals here too when it comes out their people weren't paying their taxes and yes... because they are ultimately the one who will be penalized, they should stay on top of it, but at the same time... people are busy and expect people to do the things they say they will do.

• What I don't understand is if the company is responsible for keeping track of these payments, why didn't the other members have such a problem but only Jimin. :/ Here we are talking about problems due to an unpaid amount for about a whole year. A year.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Why the fuck does he need to respond to any of this. This is no business of and fans or antis this is between Jimin , his finance manager and his company. He owns several residences. Shit happens

• Why the fuck does he need to respond to any of this. This is no business of and fans or antis this is between Jimin , his finance manager and his company. He owns several residences. Shit happens

Antis grasping at straws to find something to rake a BTS member over the coals for... Am I surprised? No. But it's still pathetic AF.

To be fair it would be smart to make a statement as tax evasion/properly gouging is very common among rich kpop idols, and while it's obvious he probably didn't intend to, better to look at everything w/a fine tooth comb before enlistment discussion.

Song Hye Gyo evaded taxes and she made more money than Jimin. Lee Byung Hun/ Kim taehee/Rain also were caught.

But again that would give the news more legs.

• To be fair it would be smart to make a statement as tax evasion/properly gouging is very common among rich kpop idols, and while it's obvious he probably didn't intend to, better to look at everything w/a fine tooth comb before enlistment discussion.

Song Hye Gyo evaded taxes and she made more money than Jimin. Lee Byung Hun/ Kim taehee/Rain also were caught.

But again that would give the news more legs.

This isn't even about evading taxes... it's medical premiums

Seems like you are trying to blow this up into some big thing... it's already resolved.

• This is medical premiums? And this is the fucking big deal? Have you ever switched insurance providers. My premiums were screwed up for a year. Red Tape nightmare. I had to have an emergency root canal and my old insurance and new insurance companies were both billing me

• This is medical premiums? And this is the fucking big deal? Have you ever switched insurance providers. My premiums were screwed up for a year. Red Tape nightmare. I had to have an emergency root canal and my old insurance and new insurance companies were both billing me

I am not looking towards adult life. Seriously, my dad had to pay over 44,000 dollars in taxes this year because he sold some stocks. Like 44,000 dollars for some stocks? Life is expensive, heck even water is not free. The only free thing we need to live is oxygen.

• No. My parents always said don’t worry about bills not in your name. Also this information doesn’t change the fact that he has now paid it off. But maybe I’m not the target audience. Seems like these threads get made to illicit a specific response.

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• SendFoodPics

Changed the title of the thread from “Does NHIC's response change things for Jimin's taxes?” to “Does NHIC's response change things for Jimin's medical premiums?”.
  • Imagine being mad at him for not paying insurance premiums but no outrage on those who stole his mail.

The whackness of Knetz, kmedia and kpoppies.

Don't even see what this brouhaha over is, so many forget to pay insurance premium on time but never seen this hounding of celebs over the most trivial shit. Knetz and Kpop stans are a special breed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!