SM does not realize that Coachella does not matter

• To the crowds of non-Kpop fans that will be there who are the target audience, Aespa is just as nugu. Taemin is at least a better performer with music that is actually marketable there. At this point, it seems like SM is just using Coachella to media play and earn clout cause they saw how well it played out for Blackpink. It's the same kind of noise marketing they used with SuperM to make it seem like they were larger than life in the West when they weren't.

The point is this kind of senseless using connections to get gigs might make for a great headline, but not much else. You have to actually have substance to back it up for it to really have an impact. Then again, who knows. Maybe SM will have a great team behind them to give better remixes of their songs and the girls might have improved their performance skills and sing live.

But as of right now, I'm skeptical af.

Aespa making more noise internationally than Taemin and that's what the promoter looking for. Honestly after RV and Exo , aespa is better bet.

While this is huge risk kinda like Mama Bird pushing baby Bird from 10.000 ft but SM knows no matter the outcome of this event, aespa popularity will growing significantly after Coachella just like how SuperM helping the members each respectives groups sales and popularity, I think SM wants to target that first.

• Aespa making more noise internationally than Taemin and that's what the promoter looking for. Honestly after RV and Exo , aespa is better bet.

While this is huge risk kinda like Mama Bird pushing baby Bird from 10.000 ft but SM knows no matter the outcome of this event, aespa popularity will growing significantly after Coachella just like how SuperM helping the members each respectives groups sales and popularity, I think SM wants to target that first.

Superm did nothing of that

Like dream so much more than SHINee and exo and by that time mark wasn't reinstalled, all they grow was physical sales bc their streams are still ass, even below many 4th gen bgs

• Superm did nothing of that

Like dream so much more than SHINee and exo and by that time mark wasn't reinstalled, all they grow was physical sales bc their streams are still ass, even below many 4th gen bgs

Nct got more popularity and growing album sales thanks to SuperM venture. Of course Dream is bigger because they are newer bg than Shinee and Exo, I mean compare their sales before SuperM venture and after that

Nct stream still ass as long as they still got that demjointz guy

• Nct got more popularity and growing album sales thanks to SuperM venture. Of course Dream is bigger because they are newer bg than Shinee and Exo, I mean compare their sales before SuperM venture and after that

No, everybody sales increase in 2020

It has nothing to do with superm

I bring dream up they didn't have any member going superm and mark didn't cmb to dream at that time

• Nct got more popularity and growing album sales thanks to SuperM venture. Of course Dream is bigger because they are newer bg than Shinee and Exo, I mean compare their sales before SuperM venture and after that

Lol SuperM was a failed experiment - nobody gained popularity from SuperM. There's no reason to attribute NCT's increase in sales to SuperM ... and NCT is still not popular in the us or have high sales in the us (which was SuperM's focus obviously)

That's not true at all. Majority of superm supporters were already nctzens to begin with. The nct 2020 project is what push them significantly, not superm at all.

• all these things that were said about blackpink when they got announced as performers are now being said for aespa too. the "they paid" accusations, "media play", "no one knows their songs there", "they'll embarrass themselves", "the company is setting them up" etc... it's like 2019 all over again but this time with aespa.

this is why i don't think we should be talking like aespa already flopped. who knows? they might make a great show, just like bp. a lot of y'all are being way too negative about it when the same things were being said about bp but they became one of the most talked-about performers that year. i do agree with op that Coachella isn't the career booster SM think it is and there's a significant difference between the conditions during bp's performance and aespa's but it's still a good platform for many nonfans to see aespa and at least know about their existence.

• Coachella could have done big things for Blackpink, but YG was YG-ing as usual and did nothing with the increased buzz they had. It was still worth it though. Their two Coachella weekends are among their best live performances as a group. Aespa are a bit more of an unknown. They could rise to the occasion, or they could flop.

SM are proactive though. if Aespa do make a noise (outside of the KPop bubble) they will try to capitalize on it. In fact if they're performing an unreleased song, SM already are planning for that.

• you have to take risks and you have to bring something new to the table if you want to achieve something. not everything is comfortable, simple and template. that's what the music industry is all about. the problem is not with their music, have you seen the fan-made versions with the guitar / more rocky style of savage and their other songs? if sm gets it right, these songs are literally one of the biggest bops coachella will have this year. sm can also use the concept of aes. but if they show the snake and naevis with the crooked face again, obviously it won't work. but I sincerely doubt that the company would like to show itself from the wrong side at such an important event in the current situation. also aespa in savage era really got little, sm invested very poor in their stages and more, so i believe it all went to the preparation for coachella.

• I always speak right, this event will make them more popular

FRFx51HXoAAQYWV?format=jpg&name=large

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!