do you care about income

• do you care about income/financial situation/status etc of people before you consider dating them?

do you have a threshold or are you specific ?

are you high or low maintenance ?

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• so does it matter or not

ambition is not directly equally but directly proportional to finances so.....

Current situation does not matter. Of course, I'm not going to date someone chronically homeless, but I understand someone being down on their luck at the moment. I do need them to believe financial stability is important and be working towards that if they are not already there. One of the things that start fights most often between couples is finances, so I believe it is important to be on the same page in that regard. But current situation is not an immediate barrier to me unless it indicates a string of bad choices without wanting to change.

For instance my longtime SO was in a ton of credit card debt when I met him. I have impeccable credit and taught him how to better handle that debt.

• Current situation does not matter. Of course, I'm not going to date someone chronically homeless, but I understand someone being down on their luck at the moment. I do need them to believe financial stability is important and be working towards that if they are not already there. One of the things that start fights most often between couples is finances, so I believe it is important to be on the same page in that regard. But current situation is not an immediate barrier to me unless it indicates a string of bad choices without wanting to change.

For instance my longtime SO was in a ton of credit card debt when I met him. I have impeccable credit and taught him how to better handle that debt.

ok so, first point, finances matter

the second question was, how much?

do you have a threshold for how rich/poor you can accept ? or are you specifically into people who earn a certain amount ?

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• It's just a bonus for me if the girl is rich but it's not in my first top 3 priorities I look at :cursing:

Character, Looks, and our connection (should be same wavelength) :cursing:

i get that but now answer the second one

i assume you dont have a specific but do you have a threshold

like below this or above this, you cant do

u r m o m g a y

• ok so, first point, finances matter

the second question was, how much?

do you have a threshold for how rich/poor you can accept ? or are you specifically into people who earn a certain amount ?

No, I don't have a threshold. Again, my own situation - we were both dirt poor when we met. We in fact lived in subsidized housing. We planned and saved are much financially better off now. I just need to see the potential.

• No, I don't have a threshold. Again, my own situation - we were both dirt poor when we met. We in fact lived in subsidized housing. We planned and saved are much financially better off now. I just need to see the potential.

that's very ideal

i guess you cant really give perspective from a situation you've never been in

u r m o m g a y

• that's very ideal

i guess you cant really give perspective from a situation you've never been in

Wait maybe you're asking is there a threshold they must want to reach for me to even bother? That's a definite yes. What is that threshold? I'd say upper middle class? I am not too caught up in money - I just want to have enough of it to enjoy life. Do I have expensive tastes though? Not really. My SO has way more expensive tastes than I do (hence the debt, lol)

• I used to not care but my ex-boyfriend was very abusive and manipulated my money and even stole money from me.

So now it does matter how much someone makes. Not because I want them to pay for me but because I want them to be able to pay for themselves.

~ ω

• Wait maybe you're asking is there a threshold they must want to reach for me to even bother? That's a definite yes. What is that threshold? I'd say upper middle class? I am not too caught up in money - I just want to have enough of it to enjoy life. Do I have expensive tastes though? Not really. My SO has way more expensive tastes than I do (hence the debt, lol)

reasonable enough

that's kind of my goal too

although stuff like that is pretty relative, cause everyone wants to be middle class and up but if everyone gets that, middle class becomes poor

this isnt related to the question btw im just overthinking

u r m o m g a y

• It's a cool topic. I do think finances are very important so its not like this is a trivial matter (at least IMO)

• finances matter the exact level of income doesn't

I didn't need to know whether my now wife was making 1m or 100K or zero

finances matter in that both parties should go into the relationship or least a long term relationship on the same level of expectations

ie. how is money to be spent

joint account/separate accounts

single breadwinner/two breadwinners

spending money as it comes in v saving for a rainy day etc etc

• It's less about the financial situation, more about how It would impact in our relationship and how long. If the financial situation isn't good atm, but they can deal with their own problems, I don't care.

I'm financially stable, but I don't want to date someone I have to be the financial support of in every or most of the situations, because I want a boy/girlfriend, not a child.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!