(G)I-dle 's comeback "I never die" is such a balanced and cohesive album in the best way!!

• I just finished listening to the album and thought it deserved its own separate thread even beyond the album discussion one

I really really enjoyed it and even more so that it manages to be eclectic yet a cohesive ensemble of songs

You have the rockstars Tomboy and the less flashy but more nostalgic Never Stop Me

Then the über dramatic Villain Dies and the still dramatic but mellower Already

Then the softer Polaroid and Escape that takes a little guitar to recall the rock element

Then Liar (probably my favorite b-side idk yet) is a mix of all of this, it's rockish, dramatic and sometimes softer with a touch of hype

that introduces the very Tiktok friendly My Bag (with really cool raps especially by Yuki)

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's a strong contender of Best Album quality wise for me already in mid March and I don't stan them

What's your opinion?

• It's very different from their previous releases. That's for sure. I applaud Soyeon, Minnie, and Yuqi's involvement in the creative process.

I love Yuqi's signature "oh oh oh" on "MY BAG" because it's a throwback reference to "LATATA."

I haven't listened to many of their b-sides so I don't know but yeah that throwback was good and also not too out of the blue, it was well included in the song

• True. Even though tonally different from I burn, it retains the same cohesiveness. It's cohesive yet it doesn't lack variety. It must come from the fact all these songs are self written, self composed, and that the members are kind of in the same place mentally. They're heading in the same direction.

It's really enjoyable to listen to songs that only aim at being good songs, rather than a collection of gimmicks like we use to hear nowadays. Not that this kind of stuff is inherently bad but sometimes you just want to vibe to something that makes sense and that doesn't try to confuse you every 10 seconds. I know I do at least.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!