Debunking Western propaganda on Xinjiang thread

• Everyone thinks China is committing 'genocide' in Xinjiang. However these alleged genocide claims primarily lead to two sources.

The first source: Adrian Zenz

You might be surprised to find out that a fair majority of these horrific stories of atrocities happening to the Uyghurs in North West China originates from a pro Nazi, born again Christian German researcher in the name of Adrian Zenz. Adrian has never visited Xinjiang but studied the mass detention of Uyghurs in re-education camps in Xinjiang based on Chinese government documents and spreadsheets. Mainstream western news media such as BBC, CNN, FRANCE 24 etc have all credited the evangelical German researcher despite once describing the persecution of Jews as 'popular control methods' which cleaned 'bad, unliked elements from German society.' Yes, let's not doubt this Nazi apologist's love for muslim minorities...

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Adrian confessed making up stories for the BBC after being paid more money the second time he was approached.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-53220713

ImageImage

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BUZZFEED: Tursunay Ziyawudun, February 2020: "I wasn't beaten or abused. The hardest part was mental."

BBC: Tursunay Ziyawudun, February 2021: I was "gang-r*ped on three occasions"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EugPq_QXEAU2wBV?format=jpg&name=900x900

The second source: World Uyghur Congress

The World Uyghur Congress is an international organization founded in Munich Germany (again) for exiled Uyghurs and activists. It is sponsored by the (NED) National Endowment for Democracy which is an extension to the CIA. The NED aka the CIA has openly confessed to funding Uyghur separatist groups/movements in Xinjiang since 2004.

When the chairman of the WUC Omer Kanat was asked by an investigative reporter where the '1 million' detained figure came from, Omer replied 'from western media estimates.'

Top US army chief Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson admits the Uyghur unrest in Xinjiang is a CIA operation

Unsurprisingly former CIA Director, Sec of State Mike Pompeo formally charged China as committing genocide despite the ICC not finding evidence to support these claims. I guess if you repeat a lie a dozen times, it will eventually become true and if you don't agree, well then you're a genocide denier.

https://www.theguardian.com/wo…na-uighur-genocide-claims

• this is reallly happening. there is a genocide happening. there is ample footage, witnesses, and literal pictures of thousands of Muslims being enslaved.. if you're going to deny this then you morally incorrect sorry not sorry. I'm glad you brought it up on here its really important people know and hopefully urge the government to intervene.

• So you think that nothing is going on in those camps?

You would have to prove there is something terrible happening in these camps first and I refuse to cite my information from Nazis, far right media or the CIA funded World Uyghur Congress..

• They are placed in those re-education camps for few reasons I think people mostly use "genocide" because it's kind of going toward a point of "religious genocide", like a way "you can be muslim, but learn Chinese well, be regular citizen, don't do something stupid, ladies don't wear hijab" etc.

Deffo some wrong things are going there but we are in this stupid side when one western centered media are saying there is genocide, and second Chinese media are saying that everything is fine.

I bet it's somewhere near the middle, maybe 70% like that and 30% like that,

but I saw one material in which Kazakh lady working in office which is supposed to co-operate with China with kind of building the project "belt & road", like a new silk road which will go through Kazakhstan, and this lady said that construction go on but it slowed down hardly because even some Kazakhs were arrested/detained.

• Why is Uyghur genocide mostly going around in English-speaking countries?

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 3.39.47 PM.png

Maybe if you searched including the word "genocide" (english word) english speaking countries would naturally show up.

But searching by Uyghur only, more countries show up, an we can also see the ranking

Screenshot_3.png

And, by searching only the province name, Luxemburg (known fiscal paradise) pops up in the 4th position, which to me, looks suspicious to say the least

Screenshot_2.png

• Is it accurate to say it's a genocide? Genocide means mass killing of a certain group. Based on the testimonies, it seems that there may be crimes against humanity being committed, but I'm not sure if they're actually being killed. The term genocide is part of sensationalism in the West's anti-China propaganda. It's important to be able to distinguish this as well. There's propaganda on both sides.

Yes, we should acknowledge that there seems to be something inhumane going on here and action should be taken, but I don't think it's helpful to call it a genocide if it isn't exactly that either.

if the holocaust is considered a genocide why isn't this? their doing the same thing but keeping it lowkey

• Is it accurate to say it's a genocide? Genocide means mass killing of a certain group. Based on the testimonies, it seems that there may be crimes against humanity being committed, but I'm not sure if they're actually being killed. The term genocide is part of sensationalism in the West's anti-China propaganda. It's important to be able to distinguish this as well. There's propaganda on both sides.

Yes, we should acknowledge that there seems to be something inhumane going on here and action should be taken, but I don't think it's helpful to call it a genocide if it isn't exactly that either.

also even if it ISN'T a genocide, who tf is gonna say yeah keep raping innocent women, force them to become atheists marry men against their will, enslave THOUSANDS of innocent people. just because they have different religious beliefs. is that not what they did to the Jewish people in Germany? They made them live in brutal conditions and burned them the moment they became too weak to work. they didn't directly kill jewish people either... they tortured them to the brink of death and then killed them. the same way these people are being tortured. and how can you prove its NOT happening? if they brought it this far then I'm sure there's much worse going on. many soldiers on the union side had no idea about everything going on during the war until after the Jewish were liberated.

• Exactly. It's still wrong, so let's use the correct term for it. It's crime against humanity, not genocide. It's important to be specific about what we're referring to. If nobody is being killed and we say that they are, we're just going to sound like we're spreading a hoax. Using the term genocide for shock value isn't good for the cause because people will claim it's all a lie and refuse to take action at all.

Fuck this explanation. If calling whatever is the Chinese government doing in there to those people genocide, will help raise awareness of the horrible things that is happening there, then so be it. At the end of the day, these are just semantics that means absolutely nothing especially when there is a group of people suffering simply based on their race/religion.

You hate me? Well, remember it's mind over matter. I do not mind and you do not matter.

9469e72bd497f024e0531bc6136b58c078539597.gif

• I'm just saying it runs the risk of people in charge saying, "Oh, it's clearly a lie, so let's not do anything about it."

There have already been many people who refuse to take this seriously because they think it's all a hoax or all just propaganda. I just think it's important to bring facts to them so that they begin to care.

Awareness should be spread through accurate information so that people know they're not being misled or lied to, so calling it "crime against humanity" and mentioning the horrific wrongs in detail is more effective. People won't take action if they feel they're being lied to.

but they are being killed..? young girls are forced to marry random men because their families will be killed if they don't.. children are being ripped away from their families... and you're going to stick to a textbook definition of what a genocide is?

• Fuck this explanation. If calling whatever is the Chinese government doing in there to those people genocide, will help raise awareness of the horrible things that is happening there, then so be it. At the end of the day, these are just semantics that means absolutely nothing especially when there is a group of people suffering simply based on their race/religion.

I understand your feelings about the situation but I'm with superyeah on this one. People call out fake news all the time and this shouldn't be an exception. These aren't just semantics, it's fact finding. You don't shout out rape when the crime is physical abuse. Like superyeah said, it's important to describe it accurately and factually. If by someway, the Chinese government is brought to court to answer for genocide, China can just go, well, where are the bodies? If we exterminated the uyghurs as we are being charged, then how come there are still a sizeable uyghurs in this particular region?

• External Content twitter.com

Just leaving this here also

• Why is Uyghur genocide mostly going around in English-speaking countries?

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 3.39.47 PM.png

Good question and I think that OP talked exactly about it.

If only sources are West/English medias and people, they are VERY questionable sources. They know to plot and make the whole scenarios that arent true at all against countries which arent their allies.

About topic, I dont know a lot expect things I heard from West sources. I wouldnt be surprised that they are true, but I dont believe those sources a lot too.

• Far right hitler supporting German researcher Adrian Zenz at it again with his weekly horror stories of Xinjiang. It's almost like western media couldn't find any other sources or researchers except for this guy. Not fishy at all...

ImageImage

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!