[So I fucked around…] and investigated which K-pop songs actually went global.

• I mainly used Wikipedia and Twitter and verified any sources I could. Also, China has no official sales body that certifies music, so none of those sales on QQ, Netease, etc. are not counted here.

Results in spoilers below, organized by group.

If I missed any act, please let me know.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Edited 2 times, last by MassiveKpopFan ().

• Still easily the biggest song but it's had over 9 years to accumulate these figures.

It got the 5x platinum in the US in the first year; it’s probably at 10 million by now, but no one’s submitted the numbers to the RIAA. And it’s technically not K-pop anyway.

• BP should have quite a few more in the u.s but either yg or interscope don't even bother purchasing the plaques. It's like they bought D4 gold in 2019 and were done with it. As for the chinese numbers, using qq music streams is probably a decent measure. Bigbang were easily the biggest artist there and most of their songs are over 20m, I think that would be a good cut for silver or gold compared to other countries.

Anyways, thanks for compiling these, interesting stuff

• BP should have quite a few more in the u.s but either yg or interscope don't even bother purchasing the plaques. It's like they bought D4 gold in 2019 and were done with it. As for the chinese numbers, using qq music streams is probably a decent measure. Bigbang were easily the biggest artist there and most of their songs are over 20m, I think that would be a good cut for silver or gold compared to other countries.

Anyways, thanks for compiling these, interesting stuff

Quite a few BTS titles and b-sides are able to be certified too, they're getting side tracks from 2016 to 500k units now. I know they have to pay for them, but BP and BTS are both far more successful than they appear to be.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!