Wow BANGTAN TV SURPASSED HYBE LABELS and it’s now BTS most subscribed channel.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Interesting tweet I saw on my tl right now.

So does this mean Bighit will start uploading BTS new mvs on their own channel or they will continue to upload on Hybe labels?

Objectively speaking I think they should just upload their upcoming mvs on the most popular channel which has more subscribers to reach more people. It’s the most logical thing to do as a company and they will need to have a good excuse not to do this. :/

• There isn't much of difference between both channels plus I think if they really wanted to separate BTS' they would've done it long ago. Its evident Bangtantv is only for behind the scenes and extra content and not for music. TBH I'm fine with that it hasn't impacted them negatively and if I'm ever looking for a song I simply search.

Edit: Also if they were to ever move their mvs they should create a new channel instead.

• There isn't much of difference between both channels plus I think if they really wanted to separate BTS' they would've done it long ago. Its evident Bangtantv is only for behind the scenes and extra content and not for music. TBH I'm fine with that it hasn't impacted them negatively and if I'm ever looking for a song I simply search.

That’s why I added my last statement. Logically speaking Hybe labels still had the most subscribers and it would have been stupid for Hybe to upload BTS mvs on the less popular channel. It’s a good reason not to stop uploading on Hybe labels. But this changes everything

And I think the gap will just continue to get wider from now on. It won’t stay like this

• Wow .

Side note. Im very distracted by your sig. :woow: my bi heart is quaking !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!!!?

• That’s why I added my last statement. Logically speaking Hybe labels still had the most subscribers and it would have been stupid for Hybe to upload BTS mvs on the less popular channel. It’s a good reason not to stop uploading on Hybe labels. But this changes everything

And I think the gap will just continue to get wider from now on. It won’t stay like this

I feel like armys are such a well connected fandom and with the promo BTS does on several platforms, even if the difference in subs was 1 million I don't believe their views would be affected. I feel like it'd be hard to miss comeback news unless you aren't on social media.

• That’s why I added my last statement. Logically speaking Hybe labels still had the most subscribers and it would have been stupid for Hybe to upload BTS mvs on the less popular channel. It’s a good reason not to stop uploading on Hybe labels. But this changes everything

Is it me or do I feel like it was more about having a channel to showcase their behinds and more BTS personal stuff than being about subscribers or off mv? It would be interesting to see if they will move, but I don’t think they will and honestly I don’t mind.

• I agree with Zesty

When you have a fandom like ARMY,

word WILL get out that you're having a comeback

with or without the label's help

thus, I dont think it's a requirement

but it would be nice for BTS to have everything of theirs on only one channel

I wish to end this winter, how much longing must fall like snow before that spring day arrives?Spring Day

160837-for-gif

• I like Bangtan TV as their personal channel where they communicate with us with rando 1 minute bombs or such and festa etc.

Official music with their label and just fun times on Bangtan TV. Plus I think they have a section for music on their channel that's linked so not a big deal tbh. If u search for a specific music video it'll come up.

• I feel like armys are such a well connected fandom and with the promo BTS does on several platforms, even if the difference in subs was 1 million I don't believe their views would be affected. I feel like it'd be hard to miss comeback news unless you aren't on social media.

And how are you so sure that bangtan tv is going to stop at a 1M sub difference? :/

If it goes beyond that, what’s your next point?

• That’s mostly the job of armys though. We do all those hype shit, not Hybe. And my opinion still stands about having mvs on a bigger channel. With all the comeback hype armys pulled for MU, it didn’t do as well as a BTS mv because of the glaringly obvious reason that it was uploaded on a smaller channel.

It will be nice but it’s also in BTS best interest as an artiste to have their stuff on the platform that has the biggest reach. It won’t harm Hybe to do this

• And how are you so sure that bangtan tv is going to stop at a 1M sub difference? :/

If it goes beyond that, what’s your next excuse?

BTS comeback news doesn't just come from youtube. It comes from Twitter, its comes instagram, it comes to facebook, even allkpop. There's a reason even non fans are aware of BTS' comeback despite not following any BTS accounts. In what ways would someone not know? Even if youtube was my only source of social media I would surely see the music vid trending and get it recommended to me.

• I like Bangtan TV as their personal channel where they communicate with us with rando 1 minute bombs or such and festa etc.

Official music with their label and just fun times on Bangtan TV. Plus I think they have a section for music on their channel that's linked so not a big deal tbh. If u search for a specific music video it'll come up.

I agree with this totally. I don't care that much about channels. But it would be more complicated if you doing things differently all of a sudden after 9 years. BangtanTV is more fan communication type of channel. Hybe Labels is music oriented. I don't mind it staying that way.

• That’s mostly the job of armys though. We do all those hype shit, not Hybe. And my opinion still stands about having mvs on a bigger channel. With all the comeback hype armys pulled for MU, it didn’t do as well as a BTS mv because of the glaringly obvious reason that it was uploaded on a smaller channel.

It will be nice but it’s also in BTS best interest as an artiste to have their stuff on the platform that has the biggest reach. It won’t harm Hybe to do this

if there comes a point where there is a much greater difference in subscribers then of course

but as of right now, I dont think it would change anything.

We will just have to wait and see.

Also I've come to accept that BTS features don't do as well as their comebacks

unless perhaps the feature is a part of the boys' album

edited to add :

congrats boys ~

I wish to end this winter, how much longing must fall like snow before that spring day arrives?Spring Day

160837-for-gif

• BTS comeback news doesn't just come from youtube. It comes from Twitter, its comes instagram, it comes to facebook, even allkpop. There's a reason even non fans are aware of BTS' comeback despite not following any BTS accounts. In what ways would someone not know? Even if youtube was my only source of social media I would surely see the music vid trending and get it recommended to me.

Coldplay mv trended too. We trended the comeback on twitter and got tons of promo, I’ll argue to say Atlanta did even better promo than BTS has ever gotten for themselves. And still the YouTube views said otherwise. I know there may be other reasons for this but you have to admit that the mv on a smaller subscribed channel, was a big factor. I even remember we had a discussion on this same topic sometime back when the song was about to drop.

And I think just because BTS gets better support on other platforms does not mean other platforms should be neglected. YouTube is just as important as Spotify. Any little thing done to help boost views by just uploading mvs on a bigger platform won’t hurt BTS in anyway.

If this gap increases from 5-10M, which is a very significant difference, and BTS mvs are still uploaded on Hybe, then it’s kinda obvious Hybe has other reasons for retaining BTS mvs on their channel and I doubt it’s because they care about BTS growth.

• Well, the day finally arrived!

Still, it is not like HB will let BTS scape from their company channel. I guess, stats just show WHO brings traffic to it (not like anyone doubted it lol)

Sadly, I think BTS b-sides will still be separated from the title track's MVs.

At least HB could finally upload RUN to Bangtantv as they did with their other groups. Logically, these monstrous number of subscribers will make them remember this channel exist... (but we know they are going to gatekeep RUN for their company projects so even this may be asking too much from them)

⟭⟬ ARTIST OF THE YEAR ⟭⟬

AWARDS-AMERICAN-MUSIC--97_1637613102609_1637613116956.JPG

• Maybe it’s because the music still reaches BTS biggest audience directly.

:cutes: Ikr. I actually thought it will be impossible looking at how huge the labels channel was ahead of bangtan. English subs really did the trick :blowing-kiss:

• Oh I am honored to have you on my thread. I barely see you around lol :lovec:

Funny enough I recently made another thread here on this topic. Hope Hybe really uploads the RUN episodes. This is a great time to binge watch whiles they are still on hiatus

• I don't actually "go" to either channel to find stuff anyway. I pretty much watch their content from twitter or Message board links.

Tell'em Bangtan is dancing on the floorImage result for bts dancing gif fire

• I agree with this totally. I don't care that much about channels. But it would be more complicated if you doing things differently all of a sudden after 9 years. BangtanTV is more fan communication type of channel. Hybe Labels is music oriented. I don't mind it staying that way.

But they still post album tracks though. And they post BTS official performances and even used that channel to announce comebacks. Like the butter and dynamite countdowns were all on bangtan tv.

Imo I find it weird how bangtan tv is used for everything related to BTS whether official and unofficial but only their title tracks which drives the numbers are uploaded on Hybe labels. If this gap becomes significant and BTS mvs are still retained on Hybe channel, then I will understand that Hybe just cares about how good their channel looks with the numbers and not really about BTS mvs benefiting from a bigger channel with more reach.

• Coldplay mv trended too. We trended the comeback on twitter and got tons of promo, I’ll argue to say Atlanta did even better promo than BTS has ever gotten for themselves. And still the YouTube views said otherwise. I know there may be other reasons for this but you have to admit that the mv on a smaller subscribed channel, was a big factor. I even remember we had a discussion on this same topic sometime back when the song was about to drop.

And I think just because BTS gets better support on other platforms does not mean other platforms should be neglected. YouTube is just as important as Spotify. Any little thing done to help boost views by just uploading mvs on a bigger platform won’t hurt BTS in anyway.

If this gap increases from 5-10M, which is a very significant difference, and BTS mvs are still uploaded on Hybe, then it’s kinda obvious Hybe has other reasons for retaining BTS mvs on their channel and I doubt it’s because they care about BTS growth.

I wouldn't count coldplay as it wasn't a pure BTS song and thus armys wouldn't feel the same obligation to it. Collabs have never been BTS' strong suit. Just look at Butter ft Megan that was on the HYBE channel and still only has 63mil views

If the gap increases to 5-10m who's to say those people aren't also subscribe to the HYBE channel? Your assuming just because Bangtantv has 6,000 more subs that HYBE won't also increase. Who's to say those subs aren't also on twitter, insta, facebook, akp or other places where they can be informed.

My thing is I don't believe there will ever be reality in which BTS start to decline because some people subscribe to Bangtantv instead. There are millions of armys who don't stream or buy and even the hypothetical 5-10mil may not either. The fraction that does continues to break records. We've been doing it since Fake love and even further back when were significantly smaller. So basically BTS having their own channel would be nice but it wouldn't be a severe impact if it never happens.

• First of all CONGRATS TO THE BOYS! always knew they would surpass their label soon.

second of all, completely agree with you, OP.

best thing would be if everything bts related would be on their channel (like bp have),

they can make subsections if it gets confusing, but i never really understood why you wouldn't just post everything from one artist under their channel? it would make a lot things easier & 'cleaner'.

Also, if hybe doesn't upload Run Bts on bts' channel (like they have done with literally all their other groups) it'll be pretty clear what their intentions are. Putting it on youtube would not only help non fans find the run episodes easier, it would give extra exposure to bangtantv.

• Not like Hybe is called BTS either. Also when you type BTS, the first channel that pops up is the Bangtan tv, not Hybe labels

994B60DC-A034-4EE0-AACF-079BC9B77B01.jpg

but hybe is a company. Many companies have their artist's mv on their channel. Especially kpop companies.

• bighit will continue to upload bts mv's on hybe's channel, that's not even a question.

i honestly couldn't care less where bts mv's are uploaded, i follow both channels and i'm going to watch them anyways. and even if i didn't follow any or only one i would have searched them on my own.

• All of BTS content is uploaded on BangtanTV except Lead Music videos (which is dumb to begin with) sonthe argument That BangtanTV is a personal chanel doesn’t hold.

BTS contract will end soon with content spread all across YouTube. It’s dumb, just upload all the content on BangtanTV and call it a day.

• this is something hybe have already thought about when they decided to transfer all the other labels mv to bighit channel and then rename bighit channel to hybe

They always had the option to rename bighit channel to bighit music and create a new channel to transfer the other label mvs too

So you already have your answer about what hybe will do

I dont see them changing their decision

I wonder how well bangtantv is going to do

Could it touch 100m

• I doubt Hybe will upload mv on BangtanTV. The channels serve two different purposes and there's no need. If people are looking for the mv, they'll probably just type in the song name.

• bighit channel was never bts channel, why are people acting like hybe highjacked bts channel by adding other artists? all of the groups have their own channels for bts stuff, hybe labels is for music

• This thread contains 161 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!