Yg should keep making groups with less members

• One of the strength of groups from Yg is they usually popular among locals and even non kpop fans. I think one of the reason is they have small size group that every members can easily to recognize and shine. And they're the only company that I can name all the members from all of their groups even I don't stan any of them. Even Winner and iKon were pretty popular back then.

Their new bg, Treasure are their biggest groups so far with 12 members. It is not that the boys are not good. They sell good but locals and Knetz seems not interested in them like they do with their seniors. And even among kpop fans, only one or two members that people know which not like what Yg used to be. I do hope their ngg didn't have more than 6 members especially seeing how small size groups doing much better like I've, Aespa and Itzy and people can remember all the girls easier.

• "but the Korean GP!" needs to die off already. The Korean GP has made it very clear they aren't into kpop anymore outside of very few exceptions.

• "but the Korean GP!" needs to die off already. The Korean GP has made it very clear they aren't into kpop anymore outside of very few exceptions.

Expect Yg always have the gp before and very good at making their groups visible and known to Korean Gp.

• 5 members would be good. Didn't yg say something about the group having 10 jennies? Normally I'd say 9 is the maximum but I feel like it might be too much for yg

• I agree. Also, the Korean GP matters LMAO, how do you expect your group to be big if nobody is interested in them? I guess YG has decided to rely on treasure fans' loyalty for each comeback, kudos to them but I really hope we never have any more 12 member groups from YG, stick to what works.

Right. You need both fans and gp to be successful groups. Fans is not enough and gp is important to cemented the artists name in the long run especially after they decided to retire from being idol.

• 5 members would be good. Didn't yg say something about the group having 10 jennies? Normally I'd say 9 is the maximum but I feel like it might be too much for yg

Yup, but Yg is not consistent and that groups still nowhere to be seen. Hopefully they will make some changes there. I mean how they will manage 10 girls when they even can't handling four girls in a group.

• y'all balls-less and always want the same things

at least they're trying something new with Treasure. And, even if you want to believe the opposite, it works.

I say above they're doing good but not with gp like their seniors and even you can't denied it, right?

• I say above they're doing good but not with gp like their seniors and even you can't denied it, right?

If you think that it means that gp isn't interested in big groups... lmao
    Do you see any 4th gen bg that the korean gp is really interested in?

The way Treasure seniors were popular back in the days means nothing now, because kpop has changed, the way it works and the way korean people look at it changed also (not to mention the scandals).

• Treasure debuted at a time when YGE was deep in scandals. No one paid any attention to their debut.

But this 12 member group slowly build up their loyal fandom who will stay with them through thick and thin. Unlike their seniors who mostly cater to the general public, they would always have their fandom support.

And bigger groups usually bring in a lot of fans (and album sales) because there will be atleast one member who will appeal to their tastes.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• People love forget how YG got a big scandal just before Treasure debut and how they debuted more 1 year after their reality show.

Treasure doing great despite all and we aren't in 2015 anymore. None group doing good with digital. Why Treasure should be the only one to be dragged for this?

Treasure - ZB1

f02e618cd7bbbd88c9242e0ee12c5fe9.gif

• Please can you shut up

You don't care about treasure you just want a hit thread also I think YGE is happy with treasure ot12. Now good bye and thank you for the fake concern

It just a discussion here. I don't downgraded them and if you think I'm, it's on you.

• People love forget how YG got a big scandal just before Treasure debut and how they debuted more 1 year after their reality show.

Treasure doing great despite all and we aren't in 2015 anymore. None group doing good with digital. Why Treasure should be the only one to be dragged for this?

The way bp debuted after Yg scandal too.

• If you think that it means that gp isn't interested in big groups... lmao
    Do you see any 4th gen bg that the korean gp is really interested in?

The way Treasure seniors were popular back in the days means nothing now, because kpop has changed, the way it works and the way korean people look at it changed also (not to mention the scandals).

As I mentioned again, that's what Yg good at that other companies didn't have. I can say txt, enhypen and skz started to get recognition from gp, tho.

• The way bp debuted after Yg scandal too.

Please get your chronology right

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I disagree.

Treasure is obviously YG's attempt at trying something different and I respect that.Besides,as a few other users mentioned,the days of pandering to the Korean GP,especially with BGs,are long gone.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!