A source tells about SM's plans about EXO and their 10th Year

• What do you think they will do for their anniversary?! :pepe-hype:

do you think SM is just fishing us with no bait? :whatb:

• only 3 member's contracts are up this year. the other's still have 1-2 years

Oh that's interesting. I thought the whole band signed on at the same time. Which members' contracts expire this year?

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• here’s my unpopular opinion but EXO has been given more opportunities as a whole and solo than practically all groups who debuted around the same time.

Yes, in recent years as a group, they haven't released much music, but half the group has been enlisted/inactive for some time now. It doesn’t really make sense to release music right now as a group.

Instead the members are being given tons of solo opportunities. I can’t name one group, who debuted 2012/2013 who’s members have had as many mini albums, OSTs, variety appearance, dramas, movies, photo shoots, concerts, etc, as the EXO members solo activities.

I think a few members will leave but the majority will resign for a few more years.

• Whether their contracts will be renewed or not will be determined this year, right?

no one knows for sure, but it seems doubtful. In an interview on Korean TV in December 2019 Suho said there were about 4 years left on the contract. So it would seem that it would end next year, not this year.

No one is positive how long there contract is except that it's at least 10 years (2012 was the last year before the SK government forced idol contracts to only last 7 years). They could have quietly all renewed for all we know, just like Red Velvet apparently did last year, they re-signed but there was no announcement about it at all.

• here’s my unpopular opinion but EXO has been given more opportunities as a whole and solo than practically all groups who debuted around the same time.

Yes, in recent years as a group, they haven't released much music, but half the group has been enlisted/inactive for some time now. It doesn’t really make sense to release music right now as a group.

Instead the members are being given tons of solo opportunities. I can’t name one group, who debuted 2012/2013 who’s members have had as many mini albums, OSTs, variety appearance, dramas, movies, photo shoots, concerts, etc, as the EXO members solo activities.

I think a few members will leave but the majority will resign for a few more years.

well I see your point but I believe it makes sense for them to have a cb before sehun and kai enlist. They can do both why not. And their solo careers are flourishing true, but their root is still Exo. Even when they promote solo they promote as EXO Suho, Exo Baekhyun, they call their fans exo-ls etc.

And I enjoy their solo releases but Exo's music is still my favourite. I dont think I am alone

• no one knows for sure, but it seems doubtful. In an interview on Korean TV in December 2019 Suho said there were about 4 years left on the contract. So it would seem that it would end next year, not this year.

No one is positive how long there contract is except that it's at least 10 years (2012 was the last year before the SK government forced idol contracts to only last 7 years). They could have quietly all renewed for all we know, just like Red Velvet apparently did last year, they re-signed but there was no announcement about it at all.

They all signed on at the same time but it is stated in their contracts that they go on hold when they enter their military so their renewal date varies. Only Sehun, Kai and Lay will have their contracts up for renewal this year.

Then you can most likely start getting news about whether or not they will renew their contracts this year. Especially before Sehun and Kai enlist. I hope everything turns out the way the guys want.^^

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Then you can most likely start getting news about whether or not they will renew their contracts this year. Especially before Sehun and Kai enlist. I hope everything turns out the way the guys want.^^

I haven't read or seen anything hinted at what they would do, other than that fake post saying Lay was not renewing. However, it is March now, their contracts must be already under negotiation since EXO's debut was in April. I guess we will get news about it soon.

• well I see your point but I believe it makes sense for them to have a cb before sehun and kai enlist. They can do both why not. And their solo careers are flourishing true, but their root is still Exo. Even when they promote solo they promote as EXO Suho, Exo Baekhyun, they call their fans exo-ls etc.

And I enjoy their solo releases but Exo's music is still my favourite. I dont think I am alone

I agree that a group comeback would be nice before the rest of the members enlist.

• everyone keeps saying lay wont renew but i guess ill continue to be a clown by myself :pepe-comfy:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• everyone keeps saying lay wont renew but i guess ill continue to be a clown by myself :pepe-comfy:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'll join you :pepelove1:

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!