Seventeen’s Gameboi Promotes NFTs?

• Gameboi promotes NFTs? That’s the funniest thing I’ve seen. It’s been around a year since the release of the song, yet, antis only found it today to create an issue— not to mention the unintentional demonstration of their limited comprehension skills.

Here are the lyrics to Gamboi:

It’s funny how people are taking the line “Buy a couple NFTs,” and are sprinting with. Even I had to back track seeing how many of them were on my timeline. Just to be sure, I checked the lyrics only to find— the herd behaviour taking things out of context per usual.

This also showcases the importance of context, that serves to function as lens to interpret the world around us.

They don’t mean the lyrics quite literally. It’s a critique on the global climate and the trends people tend to adapt to whether that be negative or positive. “Era changes fast (whoosh), We change with it (we adapt to it), Zooming to meetings, Buy a couple NFTs— What else is trending?” In essence, it communicates the predicament Covid-19 has put people in. The time and norms have shifted, new trends have been created (good and bad). People hop on them quickly without much thought, which is what the song is referring to— the internal or external pressure of adapting to trends in order to fit in.

Anyways, stream Gameboi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!