why was enhypen able to overtake txt?

Approved the thread.
  • Txt is dull and uneventful, no outstanding vocals or rap, non existent charisma or stage presence, no emotions that can be detected under the overbearing autotune, and unremarkable personalities. They were carried at least 50% by bts' fame and hybe stans (Armys) tendency to support anything that has the bh/hybe stamp. So it's not very difficult for a group with the same hybe privileges and perks to surpass them if they're a little bit interesting. That and the fact survival show groups always have an edge over regular groups, even ones that come from big companies.

Lbr, anyone can sing txt's music and there would be no difference, they barely add any personality to it.

• Txt is dull and uneventful, no outstanding vocals or rap, non existent charisma or stage presence, no emotions that can be detected under the overbearing autotune, and unremarkable personalities.

Lbr, anyone can sing txt's music and there would be no difference, they barely add any personality to it.

Do you think Enhypen is better in this regard, or is it just the edge of the survival show?

• I bet all my akorns that this thread is made by an sm stan who wants to set up both groups.

• Hmmp, I dont dislike Txt but I just love Enhypen. IMO, Enhypen has something that made non-kpop fans follow them. Talent alone does not make a group the most successful— it’s a combination of a lot of things. Talent, Charisma, Timing, Discography, Marketability & Personality. Txt is still part of the 1st tier 4th Gen BG but I simply like Enhypen more hence I think they are better but not necessarily Txt is lacking.

• If this turns into a complete txt bashing thread, all of u bashing txt owe me all of ur akorns and u have to do covers of blue hour by txt, given-taken by enhypen, and spend a day watching those "txt and enhypens are besties" youtube videos and tiktoks

• i haven't watched a single minute of i-land, i'm not into survival shows.

why does enhypen have better numbers? music. despite being called tallentless and without stage presence they are doing better than txt, a group that has yeonjin. music is the obvious answer.

• simply because enhypen sing in their range unlike txt therefore they make their songs sounds much better

• Do you think Enhypen is better in this regard, or is it just the edge of the survival show?

I don't think that enhypen is more talented, in fact I think txt are more balanced talent wise since all members are pretty much equally decent. But enhypen offers more variety and less uniformity than txt, which might be appealing to many. Txt members are very samey, and I don't mean visually, they just lack individuality imo, severely.

• Enhypen members popularity is on the same range and there is no obvious gap in popularity when compared to other groups where one member is more popular than the others. It's because they attract different kind of stans that are crazily supporting them that also explains why there are various internal wars in engene fandom lol. Each member have different charms and they have a role in the group that can't be fill by other members ig.

• Txt x enhypen talent is equal, two good dance-oriented groups and thats about it

• Enhypen members popularity is on the same range and there is no obvious gap in popularity when compared to other groups where one member is more popular than the others. It's because they attract different kind of stans that are crazily supporting them that also explains why there are various internal wars in engene fandom lol. Each member have different charms and they have a role in the group that can't be fill by other members ig.

true

• I think is too early to say this, Enhypen just had their biggest hit and are growing. Lets wait and see how txt does it with their next CB.

You all sound like that people last year saying Stayc had surpassed aespa but then aespa released next level and you know how it ended.

• I hope y'all aware that txt are still way more popular in korea than enhypen.

• bc txt is overhyped, they are the token 4th gen group many multis stan

this is no shade, they have good songs & their producers know what they are doing,

but they don't have the same support as enhypen bc a lot of moas have other groups as ults

• I hope y'all aware that txt are still way more popular in korea than enhypen.

Op probably meant that enhypen overtook txt in some metrics recently despite being 1 year old, not that they’re bigger in general.

I wouldn’t take the thread too seriously, this is anons after all

• I don’t think they have surpassed txt tho, they are almost on the same playing feild.

I’m sure txt’s next comeback will do well

• I don’t think they have surpassed txt tho, they are almost on the same playing feild.

I’m sure txt’s next comeback will do well

yep they will do well in melon considering their kfans are growing.

• Both groups have the same ability and good music. But Enhypen as a whole seems to be a more interesting group. In TXT, there's only Yeonjun who's a bit interesting, the rest seems boring to me.

• elaborate?

Itzy and txt both debuted in 2019 and are being overtaken by other groups who debuted later in some or the other way. Maybe they debuted too soon

• elaborate?

Itzy and txt both debuted in 2019 and are being overtaken by other groups who debuted later in some or the other way. Maybe they debuted too soon

• As a non fan of both. Who cares.

• Txt is dull and uneventful, no outstanding vocals or rap, non existent charisma or stage presence, no emotions that can be detected under the overbearing autotune, and unremarkable personalities. They were carried at least 50% by bts' fame and hybe stans (Armys) tendency to support anything that has the bh/hybe stamp. So it's not very difficult for a group with the same hybe privileges and perks to surpass them if they're a little bit interesting. That and the fact survival show groups always have an edge over regular groups, even ones that come from big companies.

En- is dull and uneventful, no outstanding vocals or rap, non existent charisma or stage presence, no emotions that can be detected under the overbearing autotune, and unremarkable personalities. They were carried at least 50% by bts' fame and hybe stans (Armys) tendency to support anything that has the bh/hybe stamp. So it's not very difficult for a group with the same hybe privileges and perks to surpass them if they're a little bit interesting. That and the fact survival show groups always have an edge over regular groups, even ones that come from big companies.

Lbr, anyone can sing En-‘s music and there would be no difference, they barely add any personality to it.

• En- is dull and uneventful, no outstanding vocals or rap, non existent charisma or stage presence, no emotions that can be detected under the overbearing autotune, and unremarkable personalities. They were carried at least 50% by bts' fame and hybe stans (Armys) tendency to support anything that has the bh/hybe stamp. So it's not very difficult for a group with the same hybe privileges and perks to surpass them if they're a little bit interesting. That and the fact survival show groups always have an edge over regular groups, even ones that come from big companies.

Lbr, anyone can sing En-‘s music and there would be no difference, they barely add any personality to it.

U thought u ate

• It is easier to stan newer group than older because you don't have to find lots of excuses why you didn't stan them from the beginning. Bts did not release anything last year so armys started looking for new groups. Enhypen was the latest and easy to get into because of company connection so many armys started stanning them. Txt was unlucky that they debuted when bts were the most active. Trainee a will surpass both. Because bts will reduce their activities so more armys look for newer group. Trainee a will be the newest so easier to stan them. They also look like going for hiphop route which is what armys want so better excuses.

Talent is not the differentiator because both groups are similarly bad singing and rapping wise. I would say txt have better singer taehyun but overall both are equal. Txt also have better rapper yeonjun. Enhypen have better dancers. Txt have better performers because they can give expressions which enhypen can't even when forced. Personality wise both are bland. They are like sm groups in that. Robot like. So talent isn't what separates them. Better timing of debut is.

• Simple answer, timing.

• It is easier to stan newer group than older because you don't have to find lots of excuses why you didn't stan them from the beginning. Bts did not release anything last year so armys started looking for new groups. Enhypen was the latest and easy to get into because of company connection so many armys started stanning them. Txt was unlucky that they debuted when bts were the most active. Trainee a will surpass both. Because bts will reduce their activities so more armys look for newer group. Trainee a will be the newest so easier to stan them. They also look like going for hiphop route which is what armys want so better excuses.

Talent is not the differentiator because both groups are similarly bad singing and rapping wise. I would say txt have better singer taehyun but overall both are equal. Txt also have better rapper yeonjun. Enhypen have better dancers. Txt have better performers because they can give expressions which enhypen can't even when forced. Personality wise both are bland. They are like sm groups in that. Robot like. So talent isn't what separates them. Better timing of debut is.

Awww tell me, who are your faves and how much txt and enhypen surpassed them with for you to be so pressed

• En- is dull and uneventful, no outstanding vocals or rap, non existent charisma or stage presence, no emotions that can be detected under the overbearing autotune, and unremarkable personalities. They were carried at least 50% by bts' fame and hybe stans (Armys) tendency to support anything that has the bh/hybe stamp. So it's not very difficult for a group with the same hybe privileges and perks to surpass them if they're a little bit interesting. That and the fact survival show groups always have an edge over regular groups, even ones that come from big companies.

you probably thought you did something with this but maybe you should have at least deleted the sentence about survival shows to make it make sense.

anyway, i don't think enhypen are any more talented than txt, in the contrary i think txt is more balanced. but enhypen has an edge in the fact they are not so uniform and samey member wise, they bring in a bit of variety that txt lacks.

• y'all fighting here as if trainee a won't overtake both of them :pepe-back-away:

• As a non fan of both my 2 cents

1. Enhypen had survival show. They had large amount of loyal fans from the beginning. It helped them to score numbers right on debut. It created hype at their debut and lots of bandwagoners came. And they are less bashed for their privilege unlike TXT since they are not directly related to HYBE and BTS like TXT. So people are more open minded to them than TXT.

2. They are stronger visual wise than TXT. Even though none of the groups visuals are my style, i think they are both universally good looking. But Enhypen offers more diverse, variety visuals. While TXT falls for pretty much in the same line besides Yeonjun.

3. First of all, it doesn't depend on music. Music wise TXT is stronger, actually TXT has very strong discography (their music is not even my style but production is there),

It is more so of the concept and the vibe. TXT's concept is visually more colorful, bright and light. While Enhypen has more dark, badass and cool. People usually prefer dark, badass and cool concept for boygroups. TXT doing well with bright, colorful concept is only due to them having great producers, coming from hybe and more anime/japan aesthetics and visuals. If mid or small company groups were doing it they would fail miserably and switch to dark concept.

4. Talent and charisma wise they are both not outstanding. But I'll give edge to TXT as Yeonjun sometimes hits. So this isn't the reason.

• I disagree that both txt and Enhypen lack charisma or talent. The fact that they pulled a lot of dedicated fans mean that they have charisma. U cannot have a big fanbase without it no matter how talented u are.

And how can they be lacking in talent? It’s quite a subjective opinion esp if experts are telling u otherwise. Both have decent vocalists and rapper . Heeseung can rap same as Yeonjun. Just because they dont focus on it, it doesnt mean they cant. I prefer less rapping in a song tbh. Rapping is overrated anyways.

Enhypen has good vocalists - Heeseung, Jungwon and Sunoo. The rest improved a lot esp Jake . I’m sure it’s the same for Txt.

All of them are great dancers in fact way better than 3rd generation with few exceptions ( BTS, EXO) . Niki, Heeseung and Yeonjun are some of the best in 4th Gen.

Lacking charisma/stage presence? Their collab is one of the best esp when they did Fire & BangBang? It’s one of the best if not the best collab among 4th Gen! Charisma is compelling attractiveness that can inspire devotion in others. It means the best measurement of charisma is how big ur fanbases are . How dedicated are they? How marketable the group is? how much albums & merchs can they sell? That’s devotion. That’s charisma. Just because some people dont like their style doesnt mean they have none esp if they are like by many to get that kind of devotion from fans . All I know is that Enhypen is the fastest & youngest group from all generations to sell a million in one album. And dont give me that crap reason of bulk buying since not all fans or most fans cant afford to buy as well and everybody does it . Still proves a point how dedicated their fans are to them. SMELLS like CHARISMA. if cant inspire people to buy ur albums no matter how talented u are , u must have zero charisma.

Going back to the question, I dont think anyone of them is lacking. All top tier bg are quite talented & charismatic - straykids, txt and enhypen. All of them have massive following in all social media platforms, sell well, and great streams in spotify. Their growth & supporters are enough proof. The only edge I think Enhypen has is that they are more universally appealing while txt is more appealing to Koreans. Txt got decent following in SK among 4th ge boy groups next to The Boyz.

However, any of the 3 can overtake anyone . So it’s a matter of luck & management strategy who will come out as the top boy group . I think we’ll know either end of this yr or next yr when all of them start touring.Let’s see how it goes.

On trainee A, it’s too early to predict. They have a lot of groups ( Treasure, Ateez, The Boyz) to beat before the top 3 - Straykida, Txt & Enhypen

If enhypen songs were sung by others I wouldn’t like it

Speak for yourself pls

• This thread contains 68 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!