Will the newer acts coming out in 2022 be able to beat aespa, nct, txt , et al?

• Newer acts coming out in 2022 beating NCT, txt, aespa, and so forth? 33

1. No (13) 39%
    2. Yes (20) 61%

I have watched Kpop for quite a while.

There is something called First Mover Advantage. Someone which moved first has a decisive advantage over others because the first mover has established fans.

The Big 3 of the 2nd Gen (SNSD, Wonder Girls, Big Bang) kept their advantage to the end., although Wonder Girls did sag because JYP had sent them to USA. Only 2NE1, from YG, came to the same level to them. 2AM , 2PM, Beast (now Highlight), Shinee, etc , debuting later, fought well but they did not reach the level of the Big 3.

3rd Gen was a bit more complex. BTS(2013) beat EXO(2012) but EXO had all these mess, and no act debuting after 2013 ever came close to them. Wanna One was close, but a bit short.

Girl Groups were more interesting. Red Velvet (2014) was overtaken by Twice(2015) and BlackPink(2016) but after BlackPink it dried up. IOI, Momoland, IZOne , etc had their days under the sun but they did not exceed the acts mentioned above. GFriend (2015) , which was lucky enough to seize the short lull created by the Tzuyu incident, did maintain its position in the top echelon because of the first mover effect - only after GF declined decisively in 2020, leading to its disabandment, OhMyGirl was able to thrive. And OMG is the one latecomer which went anywhere, not considering Brave Girl's cinderella run which is already becoming a distant memory.

Even in the soloist genre, the person I am trying to avoid mentioning in this post has outlasted every other competition.

====

aespa already has a Grand Prize in their belt and has fans in the overseas.

NCT, txt and some other acts already have established fanbases.

StayC and Ive debuted before it is too late and the bandwagon effect is still there.

I think the acts which will debut in this year will face strong resistance from the fandom of these established acts. The market is kinda saturated, and one can only take so many acts.

NCT, by definition, will change members and can last for a long time, as intended by Mr. Sooman himself. txt is reaching its higher potential and aespa has already broken out.

Will the 2022 acts be able to beat them in the end? I doubt it.

• Itzy hangs on the tail end of the 3rd gen

Itzy debuted the same time as txt. So if they had succeeded to lead 4th gen, you'd claim it was first mover advantage but if they flag, then they're tail end of 4th gen? Youre falling prey to confirmation bias.

Blackpink and OMG proved first mover advantage won't protect you against rising acts.

• Whyknock account has been hacked, no mentions of the Senior Singer, but only a tangential reference...

So let me try

Since the first or any movers of any generation haven't defeated the Senior Singer, the Great Anachronism, KLUS..

The liberation of k-pop lies in the hands of the new acts coming out in 2022.

• The winner won't be a group with 10 Jennie's

It'll be a group with 10 Lee Jieun's

Like a Boss Baby Imma Boss Baby 모두 다 찢어 Iike brrra

XWQN6MB.png

• Realistically speaking, the current top boy groups in 4th gen won't have a competition. All the big companies have debuted their boy groups, groups from smaller companies don't stand a chance. The only group that can get among the top 4th gen ones is the upcoming big hit boy group but I doubt they'll surpass groups like enhypen and txt.

Now about girl groups it's a little more complicated. For boy groups we have couple boy groups leading in different categories - enhypen, stray kids, txt, some could add in the boyz too. For ggs it's basically just aespa on top so the question here is, will any upcoming ggs be able to surpass aespa? The big companies are yet to debut their new girl groups (unlike bgs which they have already debuted). Domestically speaking I don't see anyone beating aespa. In every other aspect yes, they will most likely be surpassed because they haven't achieved anything grand internationally, so grand that others would have difficulty repeating it

• 4th gen GGs are where it's at right now in Kpop. Aespa, Itzy, StayC, Ive, Gidle, Kepler, JYPNGG, and Hybe NGG will fight in a global battleground for the heart and soul of Kpop over the next few years.

And they've already struck some major body blows against the Great Anachronism. Next Level has outcharted Celebrity and Lilac and Coin (the first two songs only have higher Gaon points right now because they released like 3 months before NL). Now Ive is putting the screws on IU's recent releases, Eleven is outcharting them all.

2022 will be the Great Turning in Kpop. The end of the Reign of Terror of IU as well as the downfall of the Evil ABO Empire (Army-Blink-Once) .

It all started with the sabotage of Izone's contract extension talks and the destruction of the greatest 4th gen GG alive at the time. Izone's sacrifice was necessary however, since it set the stage for the rise of Aespa in May and now the rise of Ive in December.

Just remember that Izone walked so 4th gen could run.

• Realistically speaking, the current top boy groups in 4th gen won't have a competition. All the big companies have debuted their boy groups, groups from smaller companies don't stand a chance. The only group that can get among the top 4th gen ones is the upcoming big hit boy group but I doubt they'll surpass groups like enhypen and txt.

Now about girl groups it's a little more complicated. For boy groups we have couple boy groups leading in different categories - enhypen, stray kids, txt, some could add in the boyz too. For ggs it's basically just aespa on top so the question here is, will any upcoming ggs be able to surpass aespa? The big companies are yet to debut their new girl groups (unlike bgs which they have already debuted). Domestically speaking I don't see anyone beating aespa. In every other aspect yes, they will most likely be surpassed because they haven't achieved anything grand internationally, so grand that others would have difficulty repeating it

Boy groups, it is set in stone

And even in girl groups they need a super hit to break the barrier already set by aespa

• gerl let me remind you without tzuyu incident they prolly bagging china now. And cheer up is the one who gave them the boost to become nation gg even without tzuyu incident like ooh ahh is gaining public interest do your homework right and stop spitting this ridiculousness

• u think aespa is all that? I’ve outselling their debut song already what is this post next level era post lmao? Soon everyone will break it jypn new hybe gg with yg new gg so this thread is so ridiculous

• gerl let me remind you without tzuyu incident they prolly bagging china now. And cheer up is the one who gave them the boost to become nation gg even without tzuyu incident like ooh ahh is gaining public interest do your homework right and stop spitting this ridiculousness

Without the Tzuyu incident Twice's comeback (which might not have been Cheer Up) would have been in earlier March, instead of late April, 2016 and we would never heard about GFriend

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!