I think Russia will be going to war after the Olympics..and I am done.

• I am sick, and so tired. I am done with the geological warfare my heritage and this country have been losing throughout history. There has never been a true Democracy in Russia. When the US brought Democrat Yeltsin in, he trashed the economy. 9 year old prostitutes. Hunger everywhere But the USSR the country romanticizes was better for the blind, and those who spoke out went to hell. How is that much better? The amount of death from WWII is still seen, the most people were lost in the Soviet Bloc, but no one cared, even the government.

Have you seen the male suicide rate? The men are depressed and dying and it MAKES SENSE. The hazing in the military....the horror of it people don't know. There's no concept of mental health so sucks to be you veterans! /s Gosh I hate it. What about the domestic violence? Women can be beaten + killed and no action is taken. Men too. Add the country's huge alcoholism problem and you'll see how bad domestic violence can get. They even legalized parts of it.

And if you are gay you are better off dead for most people/parents. Knowledge is bad, tolerance is low, and if you're in Chechnya you're screwed. Even the building codes are crap, I bet many of the buildings will collapse, they flake off so easily, and the blasted Orthodox church is trying to end education for girls. What about the minorities?

They'll be hit by climate change. The permafrost is melting, the land will be gone, the gas/oil exposed but the land ruined for those who lived on it for generations, the CO2 emitted, the fires. The Siberia fires. The WILDFIRES in Siberia are the most pressing concern to this planet but does the government, the people, care? No. And they will die of the pollution havocked.

I see no future, and most people do not either. But Putin continues on his bravado. In 2014 Russia attacked Crimea right after the Olympics. They'll do the same thing right after Beijing. And the athletes, often underfunded, abused and competing beyond their limit, will take a hit in the press. Bravo.

I am not looking forward to it.

• what's the sentiment of the average Russian with respect to Ukraine?

pro war against Ukraine or nah?

It is complicated, the region Crimea actually consists of more people that want it to go back to Russia but ofc it is Ukraine's and this war without provocation is obviously unethical.

But people are tired, and many are blindly following the man who has lifted Russia out of the dust and into some sort of power (which is a dubious claim).

Most people do not trust the government, most people are not vaccinated by Sputnik, children under 18 do not even have vaccine yet, many people die of COVID every single day. And the doctors that speak up can die.

I would say the majority do not support war, but may reluctantly agree to it in public. I know for a fact the men who are going to fight in it aren't too pleased. There will be a vocal minority proclaiming that this will be for "the heart of the Russian empire!" just like the "good old days!/s" and you will hear from them most.

I cannot be surprised if there is some terrorist activity by extremists in Russia later on.

• It is complicated, the region Crimea actually consists of more people that want it to go back to Russia but ofc it is Ukraine's and this war without provocation is obviously unethical.

But people are tired, and many are blindly following the man who has lifted Russia out of the dust and into some sort of power (which is a dubious claim).

Most people do not trust the government, most people are not vaccinated by Sputnik, children under 18 do not even have vaccine yet, many people die of COVID every single day. And the doctors that speak up can die.

I would say the majority do not support war, but may reluctantly agree to it in public. I know for a fact the men who are going to fight in it aren't too pleased. There will be a vocal minority proclaiming that this will be for "the heart of the Russian empire!" just like the "good old days!/s" and you will hear from them most.

I cannot be surprised if there is some terrorist activity by extremists in Russia later on.

interesting and yet there's nothing much the average russian can do right?

• And theres nothing the people of Russia can do

But America putting itself into this mess was so stupid

I hope the people of Ukraine can seek refuge in other countries and stay safe, and I hope that Putin dies before his 70th birthday. He is one of the worst leaders I've heard of

*enter aesthetic signature*

• There are talks of Germany supporting Ukraine if it comes to a conflict…. Tbh I think from all countries Germany should stay out of this cause our relationship to Russia isn’t the best.

Good luck to Ukraine, but I have the feeling that it won’t end in war.

• And theres nothing the people of Russia can do

But America putting itself into this mess was so stupid

I hope the people of Ukraine can seek refuge in other countries and stay safe, and I hope that Putin dies before his 70th birthday. He is one of the worst leaders I've heard of

America will always put itself in this mess, as America, Russia and Ukraine have too many intertwined ties. Now the worry for me is Qazaqstan (Kazakhstan in English) turning into a similar psuedo-Ukraine with gas/oil for Russia. The country had legalized moving from cyrllic, so they're going towards the latin alphabet, however these new moves seem more towards the Russia side again.

Putin is actually one of Russia's best recent leaders but it is like finding the best in a stink pile. There is a lot of corruption and any leader will be fueled by the oligarchs. I won't be surprised if they want Ukraine. Navalny, his rival is still in jail and now is considered a terrorist.

There is a rumor Putin has Parkinsons...so you may want to keep an eye out. But it's probably going to cause more downfall for Russia if he dies.

America has its own corruption with Julian Assange tbh, the Western countries are brutal as well but the blatant way Navalny is being handled is unprecedented.

Ukraine has problems starting from freaking Yulia Tymoshenko. I am no fan of her corruption, but she was right to support going to the EU, and she didn't deserve to be jailed and nearly starved to death. President Zelenskyy too is a bit.....:/

America should avoid war over Ukraine but Russia knows this, and Putin has decided to strike.

• There are talks of Germany supporting Ukraine if it comes to a conflict…. Tbh I think from all countries Germany should stay out of this cause our relationship to Russia isn’t the best.

Good luck to Ukraine, but I have the feeling that it won’t end in war.

The effects are still a lot on a country where no one is vaccinated and thousands die. This will end in proxy war.

There has been brain drain in Russia/Ukraine for generations, most doctors who do well leave. The ones who are left are extremely overwhelmed. I think Russia will try and coax Indian workers to come there for immigration.

Also I am more interested frankly in the weapons they will be bringing. That often gets some problems with climate change, the permafrost moves and the bomb moves and detonates with it.

• 20% of my country is occupied by Russia and I hate this country. I wish we were never neighbors, they are ugly for doing this to you to us, to anyone. it is a shame that we earth people should be evolving but we are going backwards

Stay strong ❤️

• There is to an extent, but again, protesting turns out bad always. I am worried for kazakhstan, my kazakh sucks but I am not hearing good things.

I've heard protesters and opposition parties get "disappeared" and threatened and attacked

what's up with Kazakhstan?

• 20% of my country is occupied by Russia and I hate this country. I wish we were never neighbors, they are ugly for doing this to you to us, to anyone. it is a shame that we earth people should be evolving but we are going backwards

Stay strong ❤️

Us Russian heritage people are also angry, it hurts when you see the people around you fall to propaganda because the reality is far worse. I am sorry :,(. History must always be taught.

• I've heard protesters and opposition parties get "disappeared" and threatened and attacked

what's up with Kazakhstan?

The country is in dictatorship since end of USSR. There is a big money disparity, too much for the rich (the ex president named Astana (capital) after himself) so people got mad when the goverment lifted gas prices for petroleum. (last straw since they all use it to drive) They want democracy and for the oligarch government to leave. Putin/Oligarchs in Russia back Kazakhstan dictatorship so they sent troops after the Kazakh police began to stand with the protestors.

• The country is in dictatorship since end of USSR. There is a big money disparity, too much for the rich (the ex president named Astana (capital) after himself) so people got mad when the goverment lifted gas prices for petroleum. (last straw since they all use it to drive) They want democracy and for the oligarch government to leave. Putin/Oligarchs in Russia back Kazakhstan dictatorship so they sent troops after the Kazakh police began to stand with the protestors.

hmmm....interesting

I read somewhere that some people want the return of USSR

• u predicted it right

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!