Eman's Top 60 Songs Of Second Gen (Girl Group Edition)

• Eman's Top 60 Songs Of Second Gen (Girl Group Edition)

aa5f1b05f2cb70c86d96707f1423592ae564d4a0_00.gif

Hello all. It's Eman.

Once. Sone. Yoona and Tzuyu Stan.

I've been in kpop since 2007.

Every since my friend in college introduced me to this wonderful world of Korean pop outside of Chinese class on that fateful day, I've been enchanted.

And I've been hooked ever since.

Today I thought I'd share my favorite songs of 2nd generation. With some rules.

Rule #1: Girl Groups or female soloists only. (Maybe I'll do a boy group version later)

Rule #2: Limit 2 songs per group in Top Ten. Keeps me from going all in on my biases.

Rule #3: Songs 60-11 are listed Alphabetical by group. It would be too insane to try to rank them.

Rule #4: Using more or less 2013 as the 2nd gen cutoff. But I'm grandfathering in a few songs by 2nd gen groups that were released up to 2015. (Using TWICE debut as a hard cutoff for my grandfather rule).

That's it!

Enjoy! Comment! See if we have the same favs! And share your own favorites if you want!

#60. - #11.

2NE1 - It Hurts (Slow)

2NE1 - In The Club

AFTER SCHOOL - First Love

AFTER SCHOOL - Love Love Love

AFTER SCHOOL - Shampoo

AOA - Short Hair

AOA - Excuse Me

AOA - Confused

AOA - Like A Cat

AOA - Miniskirt

AOA - Give Me The Love

APINK - Remember

APINK - LUV

BOA - Hurricane Venus

BOA - Only One

CRAYON POP - Saturday Night

CRAYON POP - FM

FX - Sorry (Dear Daddy)

FX - Nu Abo

FX - Pinocchio (Danger)

FX/Shinee - Lollipop

FX - Hot Summer

FX - Airplane

FX - Chu

FX - Mr Boogie

GIRLS DAY - Something

KARA - If You Wanna

KARA - Secret World

SISTAR - Give It To Me

SNSD - Star Star Star

SNSD - Genie (Tell Me Your Wish)

SNSD - Gee

SNSD - Oh!

SNSD - Flower Power

SNSD - Mr. Mr.

SNSD - Mr. Taxi

SNSD - Dear Mom

SNSD - Galaxy Supernova

SNSD - Divine

SNSD - Indestructible

SNSD - Way To Go

SNSD - Run Devil Run

T-ARA - Day By Day

T-ARA - Roly Poly

WONDER GIRLS - So Hot

WONDER GIRLS - Be My Baby

WONDER GIRLS - Tell Me

WONDER GIRL - Nobody

WONDER GIRLS - Irony

WONDER GIRLS - Girlfriend

TOP TEN

• They are magical! Because Of You gives me such nostalgia. And always reminds me of my crush on Uee lol.

What are your favorites?

If we're talking Afterschool,aside from BoY I also loved Shampoo and Flashback...and anything Orange Caramel if that counts

And since you HAD to mention Tilt My Head lmao it's only fair that I mention Twinkle Twinkle :pepelove1: Don't Forget Me is an overlooked gem too

• The Top 3 was a given with how much you've raved about those tracks throughout the years lel.
    On a side-note, looking up the SNSD self-titled track is a tad troublesome on YT because....it is self-titled. :pepe-sad:
    Quite a surprise seeing "Short Hair" at #10 however, I never got why that track wasn't talked much about; it's such a signature K-Pop track to me and the chords in the chorus are just gorgeous.

• Even my controversial pick GIRLS DAY - Tilting Your Head? Haha?!

Glad you like it. What are some of your favorite 2nd gen songs?

LOOK YES. I DON'T CARE WHAT PEOPLE SAY. IT WAS GOOD. i'm also the same girl that thinks No Playboy by Nine Muses is a bop SOOOOOOOOOOO

~ ω

• Before I even look at the top 10 I'd like to point out that only two songs from Apink and Kara could be considered blasphemous lol.

I'll be back after I look at top 10.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• LOOK YES. I DON'T CARE WHAT PEOPLE SAY. IT WAS GOOD. i'm also the same girl that thinks No Playboy by Nine Muses is a bop SOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm also in the small camp that likes No Playboy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Phenomenal list.

I was about to ask if you forgot about Dracula.

But one song you did forget about is Stellar UFO. Something on that list got to go to make room for that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!