IU's Coronation Ceremony did not hide her Reactionism ; she followed 1980s Japanese idol style

• Lilac by Kpop's Senior Singer, Jan 08, 2022

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

===

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Moritaka Chisato, circa 1989 when she was 20

Kudo Shizuka, wife of Kimura Takuya, 1989 when she was 19

They say Lee Jieun's perf resemble the perfs of Moritaka Chisato and Kudo Shizuka at their idol days.

Some people say Lee JIeun was 'inspired' by the perfs of Kang Susie and Ha Soobin, idols in early 1990s, but since they copied the styles of the Japanese idols it's the same thing.

As the captions say, both Moritaka and Kudo were around 20 when they performed these

Kang Susie was in early 20s. Not much is known about Ha Soobin (it was rumoured that she was actually a he, but since she disappeared without a trace, the truth was never revealed) but she was around that age too.

Lee Jieun was the sole recipient of the Grand Prizes in all of the 3 major GPs of this year because others did not show up.

And, she won the main Grand Prize and was presented her award by the owner of JTBC, the first time a digital winner received this owner ever since the digital award was established back in 2006.

And she chose to act like those who were popular in late 1980s.

Lee JIeun, who is 30 in Korean reckoning, no longer tries to hide her reactionarism and her willingness to erase all gains of KPop and return back to the bad old days in no time.

She always wanted to eradicate Kpop and make the Korean Pop industry return to the old age where vocals and domesticism were emphasized and overseas successes ignored.

I have warned about the Senior Singer of Korean Pop gaining power again since she would try to eliminate all successes of Kpop and make it return to the old era.

And, her perf in the style of 1980s Japanese idols shows she woulld gladly erase every came after 1990s.

GYFEcjZb0AIp47U?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Edited once, last by WhyKnock ().

• Yes IU is based because she likes 80s tunes, though the coffehouse citypop of Lilac sounds nothing like the more synthpopy bops you posted after, though an IU synthpop comeback would be great. Lilac does sound somewhat like some Ha Soobin bops for sure, it's the breeziness of it. For Lilac as a citypop song as much as I adore it, it's missing some things I find pretty crucial from my brief indulgences in it mainly the lower register being there more. It's still one of the greatest songs this year of course and I guess citypop(which is one of the vaguest genere terms out there for me still I'm still trying to find out the exact difference between it and disco but hey I'm learning) will of course be modernized and evolve.

• Lee Jieun was the sole recipient of the Grand Prizes in all of the 3 major GPs

3 major GPs? She didn't get a daesang at MAMA.

As to styling, yes it felt retro, I liked the MMA ones better.

But you are reading too much symbolism in it.

Does she need to dress up to signify that she is a vocalist and focused on Korea?

Maybe if she wore Hanbok?

• Lee JIeun, who is 30 in Korean reckoning, no longer tries to hide her reactionarism and her willingness to erase all gains of KPop and return back to the bad old days in no time.

She always wanted to eradicate Kpop and make the Korean Pop industry return to the old age where vocals and domesticism were emphasized and overseas successes ignored.

You're so weird :pepepizza:

• BTS did not collect any of its prizes directly

Aespa did not collect its sole Grand Prize directly

Only Lee Jieun collected her Prizes directly in any of the 3 shows

It was not necessary for her to dress like a 1980s Japanese idol but she chose to do that, emphasizing her reactionism.

• "She always wanted to eradicate Kpop and make the Korean Pop industry return to the old age where vocals and domesticism were emphasized and overseas successes ignored."

That escalated quickly

She is like the Dowager Queens often seen in Korean historical dramas, diametrically opposed to whatever the King does and always trying to bring things back to the old days as if nothing had happened.

And MAMA made her the Senior Singer, giving her an official power, which she continue to wield to this day.

• She is like the Dowager Queens often seen in Korean historical dramas, diametrically opposed to whatever the King does and always trying to bring things back to the old days as if nothing had happened.

And MAMA made her the Senior Singer, giving her an official power, which she continue to wield to this day.

At least we all agree that she is a queen

I’mma give you something Bet you put the money in the bag

XWQN6MB.png

• To me, she is even more powerful than Kakao, even though technically Kakao "owns" her sublabel. So i'm curious to see what she will do with the up and coming Kpop threats from her own label? I'm talking StayC and Ive of course. Will she ignore them? Will she sabotage them in some subtle way?

I mean, she cant be happy to see that Ive already surpassed all of her recent releases in Kakao's own chart, Melon Daily.

FIuBktgXIAcjKJL.jpeg

• To me, she is even more powerful than Kakao, even though technically Kakao "owns" her sublabel. So i'm curious to see what she will do with the up and coming Kpop threats from her own label? I'm talking StayC and Ive of course. Will she ignore them? Will she sabotage them in some subtle way?

I mean, she cant be happy to see that Ive already surpassed all of her recent releases in Kakao's own chart, Melon Daily.

FIuBktgXIAcjKJL.jpeg

Maybe she'll choose a successor to be the next senior singer

The one to receive the lifetime achievement at an even younger age

I’mma give you something Bet you put the money in the bag

XWQN6MB.png

• Maybe she'll choose a successor to be the next senior singer

I have JUST the person too. She is literally a PERFECT successor.

But the only problem is that this girl is stuck neck deep in CJENM, Kakao's most hated rival ;(;( . We need IU to have a big falling out with Kakao, which could motivate her to make this girl her successor to strike back at Kakao.

Here she is out-"IU"ing IU herself.

• i see it a little different

i think celebrity feels very kpop with her cute dancing moves

i feel like she acknowledges the respect she gets from the kpop community and is trying to leverage that to get more popular internationally

she thanked some people in english in her award speech which gave me the impression that she usually doesn't work with foreign individuals but she is willing to explore and grow more in her craft

FIuBktgXIAcjKJL.jpeg

Right, a well promoted song with much anticipated Izone legacy, doing better than unprompted unanticipated 10 years of b-side rejects, is hardly something to judge things by.

And StayC, I've both have paid filial duty to the senior singer.

So don't get trapped into Whyknocks mind games, and get so serious about such things.

Edited once, last by bbgc ().

• More like you are out-whyknocking WhyKnock in pitching your favourite.

Why in the world, would IU nominate anyone as a successor, when she is talking another decade of activity?

• Maybe she'll choose a successor to be the next senior singer

That is impossible. To achieve that one has to receive it before the person reaches 21 years and 7 months.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!