Some people in the fandom are way too talented and waste their talent on... this?

• 9 Reasons Why Kindergartners And College Kids Aren't That Much Different |  Friends episodes, Friends thanksgiving episodes, College kids

okay so this gif is from an episode of Friends in which these two guys, Joey and Ross, accidentally discovered they take the best naps ever when they take them like this

platonically

just guys being dudes

two bros chillin zero feet apart

anyway, years and years ago there was a really convincing edit of this scene with the faces of two idols swapped with the faces of the men in the gif

i can't find it anymore, but it looked legit, except i knew the scene so i recognized it and found the source confirm it

turns out, the OP who edited it made that edit for a fanfiction they were writing about those same two idols in that same situation from the show, except those two end up doing something not pg after some time

i didn't read it because i don't like real people fanfiction, but i skimmed through the first part and read the comments and that person not just made great edits, they were a good writer too

WRITE A BOOK

stop fantasizing about male idols hecking

edit to clarify: writing fanfiction is fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

Edited once, last by Pinky_Peachy ().

• As a fanfiction writer myself, I'll insert my opinion here. To the people who write idols doing it, JUST STOP! You're honestly a bit of a disgrace to the writers like myself who try to write about the idols doing normal things or being wholesome. Why? Because so many people assume that fanfiction writers only write smutty stuff and I hate that stereotype so much. I avoid that like the plague. The closest I ever get is cuddling. PLATONIC cuddling. Is it so hard for you horny people to stop there? Really? Shows your lack of self-control if anything. Some of you are talented writers. Use that talent to write actually good stuff, not waste it away by writing crap. Same goes for editing.

Now, I do sometimes find fanfiction about real people to be slightly weird, especially when it has a Y/N character (too far everyone, don't be that type of writer). That being said, I have read some really good fanfiction that never once felt weird to me at all. It all depends on the skill of the writer. If the writer is good enough to fully immerse me in their world, on some occasions I even forget I'm reading about real people. Maybe that's just my brain dying though, who knows?

Lastly, that does look like a comfortable napping position. Why do some people feel the need to ruin everything? Sorry I ranted for so long, but I have a lot of pent up, angry feeling about this and needed to vent them out. Have a great day/night!

• WRITE A BOOK

stop fantasizing about male idols hecking

as I was a fanfic writer once too and talked to other writers, a lot of them actually train their writing with fanfics because they want to write a book later on. and a lot of them only 'use' the idols appearance. they dont actually believe in their otp being a real couple and those things.

I`m a big jongkey lover, but I never actually believed they were real or sth like that.

e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj 1c0edef70bd6974f36d15be96d5399a1cfaed76e.gifv c205b019cd8a46c569e9c4e2f04194a2fde39f74.gifv e27eb299e8ce0bafba7649c82fc04d200d42a974.gifv e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj

♦ visit my aesthetic shop here

• Let people live their lives. Fanfic writing is use of talent and a great creative outlet. It’s not even necessary that fanfic writers need to hardcore ship. Imagine it like a movie casting your favorite actors and in this case it just happens to be idols.

Can’t stand stupid narratives like this.

Selective outrage over something I didn't even say. I was talking about real people fanfic writers writing smut of real people, WHICH IS CREEPY NO MATTER HOW YOU TRY TO TWIST IT, not anything else, and I used it as an off-handed comment. I don't have anything against fanfic in general. Even real people fanfic if it's anything like one of the users above mentioned.

mKl7Ghm.png

• as I was a fanfic writer once too and talked to other writers, a lot of them actually train their writing with fanfics because they want to write a book later on. and a lot of them only 'use' the idols appearance. they dont actually believe in their otp being a real couple and those things.

I`m a big jongkey lover, but I never actually believed they were real or sth like that.

As a fanfiction writer myself, I'll insert my opinion here. To the people who write idols doing it, JUST STOP! You're honestly a bit of a disgrace to the writers like myself who try to write about the idols doing normal things or being wholesome. Why? Because so many people assume that fanfiction writers only write smutty stuff and I hate that stereotype so much. I avoid that like the plague. The closest I ever get is cuddling. PLATONIC cuddling. Is it so hard for you horny people to stop there? Really? Shows your lack of self-control if anything. Some of you are talented writers. Use that talent to write actually good stuff, not waste it away by writing crap. Same goes for editing.

Now, I do sometimes find fanfiction about real people to be slightly weird, especially when it has a Y/N character (too far everyone, don't be that type of writer). That being said, I have read some really good fanfiction that never once felt weird to me at all. It all depends on the skill of the writer. If the writer is good enough to fully immerse me in their world, on some occasions I even forget I'm reading about real people. Maybe that's just my brain dying though, who knows?

Lastly, that does look like a comfortable napping position. Why do some people feel the need to ruin everything? Sorry I ranted for so long, but I have a lot of pent up, angry feeling about this and needed to vent them out. Have a great day/night!

Fanfic writing is okay, perfectly fine. Smut about book characters? I don't read it, but it's fine. I draw the line at writing smut about real people. No matter how much people try to defend themselves by saying they're just casting idols as characters, they're real people. It can't be explained away. Those kind of fantasies need to stay in people's heads.

mKl7Ghm.png

• Fanfic writing is okay, perfectly fine. Smut about book characters? I don't read it, but it's fine. I draw the line at writing smut about real people. No matter how much people try to defend themselves by saying they're just casting idols as characters, they're real people. It can't be explained away. Those kind of fantasies need to stay in people's heads.

I agree. Smut about real people shouldn't exist unless said real person is not only aware of it but gives explicit consent for writers to write that thing or even encourages it. Then that's on them. Otherwise? No, please just don't do it. Have a great day/night!

• I agree. Smut about real people shouldn't exist unless said real person is not only aware of it but gives explicit consent for writers to write that thing or even encourages it. Then that's on them. Otherwise? No, please just don't do it. Have a great day/night!

Agreed. I actually agree with all your points from your previous post. Fanfic writing is legitimately great practice for writers.

Like Block B Taeil, who read his and the only reason he was upset is that he was never the top lol. Heechul even wrote some fanfics about himself.

Thank you, have a nice day too!

mKl7Ghm.png

• Agreed. I actually agree with all your points from your previous post. Fanfic writing is legitimately great practice for writers.

Like Block B Taeil, who read his and the only reason he was upset is that he was never the top lol. Heechul even wrote some fanfics about himself.

Thank you, have a nice day too!

Yay! Yes, it is. I have improved a lot as a writer over the course of the two fanfictions I wrote. My pacing has mellowed out from how fast it used to be, I try to make my characters more dimensional and it's great to get feedback from other K-Pop fans. That made me laugh. Honestly, I feel like if I was a celebrity, I would deliberately write the worst fanfiction about myself that I could, just to troll my fans and watch and see how they would react. Would probably be very entertaining to watch happen. You're so sweet! Have a great day/night too!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!