MBC My Teenage Girl Ep. 3 + my picks

• I watched earlier today the 3rd episode of MBC My Teenage Girl. In terms of editing, this show is kind of all over the place. So many performances have been cut off.

Anyway, the first round performances reach their end in this episode. After this, the mentors decided which grade they would take care of. Aiki chose the 1st grade, Soyeon the 4th grade, but Yuri and Joohyun fought over the 2nd grade. Eventually Joohyun agreed to mentor the 3rd grade girls. Then they had the opportunity to save a few eliminated contestants because each grade ended up with more contestants than initially planned, so it was decided to add few contestants back to balance the numbers out rather than eliminate more girls after the first round. But the relief will be short, because after three days of training, each grade will be reduced to 10 before the second round performance, which means each grade will lose 6 contestants.

At the end of the episode, Yuri announced to her 2nd grade students the six eliminated girls who won't get to take part to the 2nd round. Her decision to keep Lee Jiwon - despite of her lack of skills - over Lee Seungeun is being criticized online since the airing of the episode and left the other contestants stunned.

We'll see how it goes with the other grades and mentors in the next episode.

Based on what we've seen so far, here are the contestants who caught my attention:

Kim Hyunhee - 3rd grade

Choi Yoonjung - 3rd grade

Yoon Chaewon - 4th grade

Lee Yumin - 4th grade

• Alex_Murphy oh no not you too. Everyone watches these damn survival shows.

Be a trendsetter not a trend follow. Get out now while you still can.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Im kinda surprised lee taerim didny catch your eye

She's good but I think she tries to break the idol stereotype a bit too much. I'm keeping an eye on her though.

oh no not you too. Everyone watches these damn survival shows.

Soyeon's in there, I have to watch.

is Hyorim the one the got eliminated twice?

She is indeed but wait, she got called back into the show following a contestant's withdrawal due to an injury! So she has the rare opportunity to get eliminated a third time!!! :pepe-joy:

• She is indeed but wait, she got called back into the show following a contestant's withdrawal due to an injury! So she has the rare opportunity to get eliminated a third time!!! :pepe-joy:

Lmao they really want to torture this poor girl. Imagine she makes it all the way to the finale and they play eenie meenie minie mo to pick if she gets in or not

• She's good but I think she tries to break the idol stereotype a bit too much. I'm keeping an eye on her though.

Soyeon's in there, I have to watch.

She is indeed but wait, she got called back into the show following a contestant's withdrawal due to an injury! So she has the rare opportunity to get eliminated a third time!!! :pepe-joy:

Don't say that I really rooting for her. I really hope because Ock is the mentor she gets OP vocals and makes the group.

Taerim I'm keeping my eye on her because Soyeon is her idol and you can really see it in her performance.

• Don't say that I really rooting for her. I really hope because Ock is the mentor she gets OP vocals and makes the group.

Taerim I'm keeping my eye on her because Soyeon is her idol and you can really see it in her performance.

But obviously Soyeon has her eye on the visual girl, she probably ignored Taerim

• But obviously Soyeon has her eye on the visual girl, she probably ignored Taerim

lol such nonsense. Do you even watch the show? All mentors, Soyeon included, upvoted Lee Taerim.

Anyway. Soyeon is coaching the 4th graders, not the 3rd graders so she has nothing to do with Taerim.

I don't understand your obsession about throwing shade at Soyeon for whatever petty reason.

• lol such nonsense. Do you even watch the show? All mentors, Soyeon included, upvoted Lee Taerim.

Anyway. Soyeon is coaching the 4th graders, not the 3rd graders so she has nothing to do with Taerim.

I don't understand your obsession about throwing shade at Soyeon for whatever petty reason.

I'm just noticing the irony here. Soyeon didn't pass Produce 101 eliminations because the voters preferred visuals over her

Now she's giving more special attention to the visuals than the talents. It's like poetry

• I'm just noticing the irony here. Soyeon didn't pass Produce 101 eliminations because the voters preferred visuals over her

Now she's giving more special attention to the visuals than the talents. It's like poetry

There's irony only to the dimwits. There's a difference between paying attention to only one thing and paying attention to everything. Soyeon is now a seasoned veteran and knows what makes a group succeeds. So she obviously knows looks are important. Did she eliminate a talented contestant in order to keep a pretty face though? No. She even saved Song Yerim even though this girl looks nothing like an usual idol.

• There's irony only to the dimwits. There's a difference between paying attention to only one thing and paying attention to everything. Soyeon is now a seasoned veteran and knows what makes a group succeeds. So she obviously knows looks are important. Did she eliminate a talented contestant in order to keep a pretty face though? No. She even saved Song Yerim even though this girl looks nothing like an usual idol.

LOL. If Soyeon is realistic as you say, she definitely knows Song Yerim is VERY unlikely to make it. So it's just a 'token' save

• Ah yes. The classic "token" argument. As if she had anything to prove to you; as if she did plot a scheme to trick you. Do you think you're that important?

So you saying she cares about 'optics' of these trainees but she wouldn't care about her OWN optics? She also has a reputation. Your op even mentioned Yuri got criticized because she ignored talent. Soyeon is a bit more savvy/slick than Yuri, so if she goes for the visual she knows she has to balance it out with 'talent' so nobody says anything

• Your op even mentioned Yuri got criticized because she ignored talent.

The difference is Yuri chose to eliminate a skilled contestant in order to keep another contestant who is very lacking. Soyeon didn't make such a choice. Not yet at least. That's why your point is moot.

I'd even say, a good contestant can be eliminated in favor of less skilled one for the mere reason that "good" is not good enough if you don't have that it factor. Some contestants do well, and that's it. But a time comes in the competition when doing well is not enough.

You were saying Soyeon also was criticized about her looks even though she was talented. True but Soyeon was not just good; she was one of the best. She didn't settle on being "good enough". She clowned everyone else with her skills; her rap skills for sure and arguably her other skills too. That's why you can't compare Soyeon's fate and other trainees'. Lots of contestants can sing and dance alright, but true standouts are not so many. It's not a fair business.

• oh no not you too. Everyone watches these damn survival shows.

But, it is not a trend and not everyone watches this damn show. The live discussion on R***it got like 16 comments. The viewership rating was poor from the start and has been dipping, 1.9 > 1.4 > 1.0.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!