MONSTA X The Dreaming Movie - My thoughts

• So, I saw Monsta X's The Dreaming in the theater. I saw it in 4DX which was.... an interesting experience. More on that later. First off, it was awesome to hear MX's music thundering through the huge movie theater sound system. I like to play MX loud and this was super satisfying especially since the movie was basically half performance and half interviews and retrospective. The performances were great! They built a soundstage to basically have a concert even though there was no audience sadly. The guys were sad to not be able to perform in front of monbebes but gave it their all and it was soooo good. There was an intro and then the first performance was Gambler and it was amazing. I wish that I had gotten to see this with the wraparound screen since the choreo is so dynamic for that track. Then, they started with the interviews. There was no onscreen interviewer, but it seemed like there was a set of questions that they were going off of including how they got their start and what motivated them. They also showed some of their process, so we got to see how they functioned and contributed during the planning process in meetings. My favorite part, besides the performances, was seeing a little of them working on the recording with Jooheon functioning as producer. He's so serious and professional until he's.... not lol. They also showed videos of them on the road and we heard from some of the people they worked with like their choreographers. But a big chunk of the movie was performances and we got to see lots of The Dreaming.

They touched a bit on having had hard times, but didn't go in depth at all. This actually bothered me, because we all know what they have been through. It was particularly jarring because they showed clips of Dramarama when they talked about how emotional it was to get their first win. They even showed pictures from media covering it. The thing is, there was no sign of Wonho, like at all. It was like they cut around him in the video and even photoshopped the media photos. :( Then they performed Dramarama as five since Shownu wasn't there. It was a great performance, but so bittersweet.

Anyway, I would recommend it to monbebes. It was a special experience to be able to see this in theaters and realize how far they've come. I wouldn't recommend it in 4DX though. Man, the chairs were rollicking with the music. Also, I'm not sure what the scent they were piping in was supposed to be. Is that what MX smells like? :D Lastly, fair warning, it was as much wetter experience that I was anticipating lol.

• I have not seen it. Maybe if it's uploaded somewhere in the future i might. sounds interesting!

• Yeah unfortunately they have to pretend that Wonho never existed. No surprise there since members who left is kind of taboo in the industry and the fact he has a successful solo career makes it awkward.

Yeah I wish Shownu was there. He's my bias and I really wanted to hear his thoughts as the leader. Performances were great though. Performed some of my faves!

Honestly, I think it's enticing enough for non-monbebe or non-kpop fans to discover the group and realize their charms even if it is somewhat marketed only towards existing fans.

• Yeah unfortunately they have to pretend that Wonho never existed. No surprise there since members who left is kind of taboo in the industry and the fact he has a successful solo career makes it awkward.

Yeah I wish Shownu was there. He's my bias and I really wanted to hear his thoughts as the leader. Performances were great though. Performed some of my faves!

Honestly, I think it's enticing enough for non-monbebe or non-kpop fans to discover the group and realize their charms even if it is somewhat marketed only towards existing fans.

Yes, I wish they could have somehow included Shownu, but I guess that might run afoul of the enlistment rules. I mean, people freaked out over the release of prerecorded videos by Baekhyun since he's enlisted. It's crazy.

You would think though that they could include Wonho. The guys are still friends with him and he's signed to a subsidiary of Starship. They also have rights to his image during his time with MX. Makes me wonder if there are a bunch of fans that really would freak out if he had been included. Well anyway, i'm glad that both MX and Wonho are thriving. I do miss them together tho :(

I hope that with this movie and the big ad push they had that more people will discover them.

• I knew when the movie was announced that they'd have to pretend like Wonho never existed. Starship has already had that at the forefront which cutting him out of past work hitting milestones. It sucks, but that's the way it is. :sadface:

• You would think though that they could include Wonho. The guys are still friends with him and he's signed to a subsidiary of Starship. They also have rights to his image during his time with MX. Makes me wonder if there are a bunch of fans that really would freak out if he had been included. Well anyway, i'm glad that both MX and Wonho are thriving. I do miss them together tho :(

Ugh there is. After Wonho's name got cleared last year there were rumors that he went to a cafe and ordered 7 drinks which people thought was a sign he was hanging out with them and then a few weeks later a photo of all 7 of them at dinner was posted online and people FLIPPED OUT. And this was after he was cleared and announced as signing to Highline!

I actually fell out of MBB Twitter around that time because I couldn't take the arguing. I know Changkyun and Kihyun went to Jeju with Wonho so I don't know how that was received.

• Yes, I wish they could have somehow included Shownu, but I guess that might run afoul of the enlistment rules. I mean, people freaked out over the release of prerecorded videos by Baekhyun since he's enlisted. It's crazy.

You would think though that they could include Wonho. The guys are still friends with him and he's signed to a subsidiary of Starship. They also have rights to his image during his time with MX. Makes me wonder if there are a bunch of fans that really would freak out if he had been included. Well anyway, i'm glad that both MX and Wonho are thriving. I do miss them together tho :(

I hope that with this movie and the big ad push they had that more people will discover them.

Yeah I really hope it was out of the members' hands to mention Wonho. Already been two years and I think there hasn't been a single peep from any member about him. This movie might've been the perfect opportunity to express their disappointment with that situation but that would probably make the company look bad.

It's just always been the big elephant in the room since they mention about how there were originally 6 members and how they all talk about their beginnings in the group, showing scenes from concerts and stages right from the beginning. It's just an uneasy feeling to know that Wonho is supposed to be in those scenes too.

• Oh I just Googled and of course they had to apologize for going to Jeju. They were apologizing on a live and Jooheon told them not to do it AS HE SHOULD.

• Ugh there is. After Wonho's name got cleared last year there were rumors that he went to a cafe and ordered 7 drinks which people thought was a sign he was hanging out with them and then a few weeks later a photo of all 7 of them at dinner was posted online and people FLIPPED OUT. And this was after he was cleared and announced as signing to Highline!

I actually fell out of MBB Twitter around that time because I couldn't take the arguing. I know Changkyun and Kihyun went to Jeju with Wonho so I don't know how that was received.

That's so crazy? Why are there so many awful delusional fans in kpop? If the guys are still friends and bear no grudges what the heck are those so-called fans angry about?

I did see the dinner thing and the jeju thing. It warmed my heart to see that they still have a bond.

• Yeah I really hope it was out of the members' hands to mention Wonho. Already been two years and I think there hasn't been a single peep from any member about him. This movie might've been the perfect opportunity to express their disappointment with that situation but that would probably make the company look bad.

It's just always been the big elephant in the room since they mention about how there were originally 6 members and how they all talk about their beginnings in the group, showing scenes from concerts and stages right from the beginning. It's just an uneasy feeling to know that Wonho is supposed to be in those scenes too.

When they did Dramarama and mentioned having to rework it and how hard it is to deliver the same energy as "five" when they were "six", I wanted to scream out "SEVEN!"

:pepe-sad:

• That's so crazy? Why are there so many awful delusional fans in kpop? If the guys are still friends and bear no grudges what the heck are those so-called fans angry about?

I did see the dinner thing and the jeju thing. It warmed my heart to see that they still have a bond.

It makes me so mad. They really act like he killed someone or something.

I love though that Hyungwon's apology was basically "yeah that's right, I'm sorry. SORRY I GOT CAUGHT!" and he hasn't been caught since. :pepe-hehe:

• When they did Dramarama and mentioned having to rework it and how hard it is to deliver the same energy as "five" when they were "six", I wanted to scream out "SEVEN!"

:pepe-sad:

Lol that's what I thought too. I just could imagine that most of monbebe's thoughts were when they heard that line from Kihyun (I think it was him who said that).

Selected a post as the best answer.

I haven’t seen it yet, but I will. It’s not available to where I’m at rn :(

But yeah the fact that they have to act like Wonho is not part of the group before sux ;(

I SAY FUCK IT WHEN I FEEL IT CUZ NO ONE KEEP ON TALLY I DO WHAT I WANT WITH WHO I LIKE

30f443a5649093af9ae086cb57c3ead9e83c6734.gifv

• Its gonna be a while until I watch it since theres no theater near my area ;(

I haven’t seen it yet, but I will. It’s not available to where I’m at rn :(

But yeah the fact that they have to act like Wonho is not part of the group before sux ;(

I wish they would sell the movie to netflix

:peperun:

I have not seen it. Maybe if it's uploaded somewhere in the future i might. sounds interesting!

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!