WayV 'Miracle' - Track Video

• Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiit

I love this. :lover4:

First off it’s a bop to the bop to the bop to the power of bop. Second, it’s so silky - it’s like WayV 2.0 - they’ve always embraced r&b, but we’ve seen over the past year how the vocalists and rappers have been improving their skills and you really hear it here. It’s also a testament to their growth that the two weakest dancers are now front and center off Ten - Kun and Xiaojun have really grown and improved so much vocally and dance wise It’s worth remembering WayV is only actually a 2 year old group so they’ll only continue to improve and refine!

I know that sample and I’m trying to rack my brains about the song. That’s really bugging me.

And Kun, whew.

It’s been great to see him feel confident, grown and sexy throughout the year but this man is killing me. :sweatr:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• It reminds me of a specific song, I can't remember which one tho and it's killing me. :angryr:

twt already answered that for me

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• And Kun, whew.

It’s been great to see him feel confident, grown and sexy throughout the year but this man is killing me. :sweatr:

jonny5.gifjonny5.gifjonny5.gifjonny5.gifjonny5.gif

• twt already answered that for me

:woow::woow::woow:

I really hate waiting until the album is out to know the track credits. I want to know who produced this blessing to my ears.

• Kun coming for everybody. Let me jot down my competition real quick. :pepe-notes:

• DMV2DMZ you and I had a conversation at one point around NCT and we were referencing ol skool r&b. It’s driving me crazy - this new WayV song is either sampling or referencing an ol skool r&b song and I can’t put my finger on what it is. That underlying beat is definitely something familiar from an older (I think 80s?) r&b song. It’s something I know I’ve heard growing up and on the ol skool station. Any ideas here?

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• DMV2DMZ you and I had a conversation at one point around NCT and we were referencing ol skool r&b. It’s driving me crazy - this new WayV song is either sampling or referencing an ol skool r&b song and I can’t put my finger on what it is. That underlying beat is definitely something familiar from an older (I think 80s?) r&b song. It’s something I know I’ve heard growing up and on the ol skool station. Any ideas here?

Yeah, but more so around Hip-Hop/Rap. I plan on continuing that convo; dealing with the screen freeze every time I work on the post makes me keep putting it off.

I don't know 80's R&B like that..but I do know the lyric, "I believe in miracles" thanks to this Pantene commerical sync:

External Content www.youtube.com

How can that part NOT get stuck in your head?

Did some research; the actual song is by a band called Hot Chocolate - "You Sexy Thing":

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes to WayV's song, the loop approach feels similar to the sample in Busta Rhymes's "Woo-Hah!! Got You All In Check" and Ari Lennox's "BMO" [Warning: explict versions below]:

The "whistle-sounding" syth in WayV's "Miracle" feels distinctly West Coast/Cali vibe. For example:

Adina Howard's "Freak Like Me"

Dr. Dre ft. Snoop Dogg - "Nuthin' But A G Thang" [Explict]

Eazy-E - "Real Mut@phuckkin G's" [Explict] (No coincidence, I saw his documentary a day or so ago)

Edited once, last by DMV2DMZ ().

• Thanks for taking the time to answer so thoroughly! I recognized the G-Funk Whistle and I think I thought it was referencing an older sample like many of those songs were. Someone else thought it was 90s R&B. I'll figure it out eventually. LOL

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!