Well played SM, well played....

• Aespa.

What an absolute success.

So much achieved and they've just barely been around for a year.

I'm not one for fine detail, but;

• Topping the charts, and having fantastic longevity in the charts as well
    • Fantastic album sales
    • Pulling huge views on social media and streaming sites, mvs, stage performances and fancams etc
    • Amongst the few that have topped brand rankings, both as a whole group and individually (really from a hype/buzz perspective)
    • A bunch of endorsements from top-notch companies and brands

and probably a bunch of other great things that I'm not aware of.

I honestly don't think there's another girl group that has had as much all-round success in every aspect within the past year. Sure, others are still more popular, have sold more, have better views etc, but Aespa are consistently in the top few in every metric.

It's really been such a phenomenal rise to stardom.

Well played SM!

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47apd4b3mdi3cy3m5lykauwd9ok2nn0h1o7zotvqav&rid=200w.webp&ct=g

• Putting them on that Thanksgiving Day Parade float was not well played, and was a near-disaster. Not as catastrophic as "Jopping," but it had the potential.

• not me ooooooooweeeeeeeeoooooooweeeeeeeeeeeeeee-ing as soon as i saw this

• Putting them on that Thanksgiving Day Parade float was not well played, and was a near-disaster. Not as catastrophic as "Jopping," but it had the potential.

Outside the allkpop bubble and some twitter posts, I don't see this have any impact on them at all. Sure, it could have been better. But many understand why the dancing was lack luster. Overall, their trip to NY has generated a positive outcome. The most important thing is they enjoyed the trip and have a chance to interact with fans.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Outside the allkpop bubble and some twitter posts, I don't see this have any impact on them at all. Sure, it could have been better. But many understand why the dancing was lack luster. Overall, their trip to NY has generated a positive outcome. The most important thing is they enjoyed the trip and have a chance to interact with fans.

That's a plus with regards to that: not having any impact at all.

• That's a plus with regards to that: not having any impact at all.

Kpop fans hoping for impact in America is like throwing mud at the wall and hope it sticks. Especially a kpop rookie group who have limited air time to perform on a float. But it doesn't matter. It doesn't change anything if they could have dance better.

I understand why SM do this. They want to expose aespa to U.S kpop fans and gauge their popularity. I think they achieved what they wanted to do.

• Agreed. K-pop stans tend to put these things under a microscope when the average person doesn't care all that much. In America, performances don't even have to be good. As long as they show up and do something, it's a win. You should see performances where American artists just have the backing track playing and let the crowd do most of the singing. No dancing either.

In short, K-pop stans take these things way too seriously.

FACTS OMGGGG

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!